PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/220/160

Height: 5'4

Default i was just recently diagnosed with PCOS

At least now I know why I had so much trouble with my weight,but on top off the PCOS I have CP. So it is difficult to exercise. I just started counting calories and eating healthier. The only thing is I am eating 1200 calories or less. I have seen that eating less than 1200 calories can be risky and counter productive.
I eat mostly fruits, steamed veggies, grilled chicken and salomon. I eat when I am hungry, eating pickles and jello when I am hungry in between. I have lost 7lbs since Monday. My calorie count has been beween 870 and 1300. I don't feel like I am starving myself because I do eat when I am hungry. Any thoughts or input would be great.
blushn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

That's great! Cleaning up your diet will make the most impact for you. It's important that you do get enough good nutrition.

I am sorry to read about the CP. My dearest friend's son was diagnosed with CP (and autism) when young, and I know from spending a lot of time with him that eating the right nutrients, as well as the consistency of the food, is important. My friend makes sure he eats plenty of protein, vegetables and healthy fats.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Well, monitor yourself. Are you feeling ok? Sleeping well? Have enough energy?

That's pretty low there. Have you run your height/activity level/goal weight through a calorie need calculator? What does THAT say? Could you not eat less than what a sedentary goal weight person of your height would eat?

Because you can't keep lowering it to nothing. It's more effective to eat at range, then EAT MORE do you can lower back down to range to shake things up than keep cutting down to nothing.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote