halfway progress pics--PCOS will not defeat me!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi All, just wanted to share my success so far and say that PCOS will not defeat me and here is proof!! the left is December 2012 and the right is now. Seeing these side by side made me realize how far i have come in 5 months. that shirt was so tight on me in december. I have about 45 more lbs to go to goal and i am realizing the 2nd half is going to be much more stubborn! Please feel free to share your own success and pics if you want! I feel that we will PCOS need that extra encouragement and belief that some sort of balance and normalcy is attainable.

PicMonkey Collage500.jpg

• Wow, you look awesome!! Great work so far -- keep it up!!
  • Good job!
  • You look amazing!! Keep it up, and never let ANYTHING defeat you.

• You have done a great job and you are looking fantastic!

I have PCOS as well and I'm somewhat frustrated with the slow progress, but we will get there in the end. Keep it up!
  • 45lbs in 5 months!!! Holy Moly!!!
    (((thanks for the motivation!!!!)))

Are you using a specific diet?

Any tips for the rest of us?

WhoooooHoooo! Congratulations!
  • Congratulations wow!!!
  • Thanks everyone!! I have been following south beach about 90% of it. i modify when i feel a craving or sugar spike. i really pay attention to how my body reacts to different foods. i also workout least 4-5 times a week and its mostly cardio ..usually for an hour. I try different exercises and foods on a regular basis as well. its been alot of hard work but i am getting there and want to inspire others as well :-)
  • Way to go, girlonamission! You look great and you are an inspiration to all of us! Keep up the great work. It sounds like by paying attention to how your body reacts to different foods you've been able to make some good changes - I have found this is the case for me, too.

BRAVO!
  • That is amazing and really inspirational! Thank you for sharing, sometimes this can be just the motivation you need!
  • Great job!
  • Good luck. Take it slow. Forgive yourself. You only fail if you give up. You can get back on the bandwagon as soon as you fall off. Try not to do all or nothing thinking. No black and white talk. You're amazing. You're challenging yourself and doing something incredibly scary. And we're all proud of you and happy for you! But more importantly, you're proud and happy for yourself. That's what matters.
  • congratulations!! you're an inspiration
  • Yaaaay!!! Way to go and keep it up, you are doing great!!!!
  • Congratulations on your success! Thanks for posting. Your achievements are inspiring!