PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #1  

Default Pcos and Diets

Hi my name is Danielle, i am 23 years old found out i had pcos when i was about 18 years old, and failed to diet, and my weight is just spiralling out of control and i need to get grips onto it, im looking for someone in a similar situation for support. i currently weigh i 140kg soo much too loss and its getting worse i really dont know what to do anymore..

im trying to find good diets for people with pcps, if anyone has suggestions please speak up.
dandybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

hi Danielle

I have PCOS too and was diagnosed with it when I was 19. I'm 28 now. I have tried every single diet and work out and the only one i'm able to do, and I'm sticking to has been the paleo diet. The best thing about it is that it eliminates all processed foods, so basically you can't eat anything that comes in a packet. I feel tons better and I've lost more than 10 kilos in less than 3 months. I still havwnt had a period in more than a year but I'm getting there.

My life revolves around weight lifting in the gym, eating lots of protein, vegetables and good fats, and being active. The extra hours of sleep, eliminating stress and working on being happier within myself has helped as well.

Yes I still cheat every now and then, but the good thing is that I limit it to one meal once a month. I wish you the very best on your journey. This is what has worked for me, and trust me it's been a long time coming. My only regret is that I didn't start sooner.
Mission Fat to Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...uide-pcos.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...l-balance.html

http://pcosfaq.com/

Don't know if any of those could help.

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote