PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default 2013 March PCOS Support Thread

Wow -- nobody made a march thread? Everyone must be swamped.

Before the month runs out -- how about a quickie check in? (Here is old thread)
  • Who is here this month?
  • How are you?
  • How was last month?
  • How is your PCOS management last month?
  • What are you going to work on in March?

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-19-2013 at 11:43 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Who is here this month?

Me, lurker-ish.

How are you?

Well rested for a change. Took a mini vacation. Came back and spent a whole day with my Alzheimer Dad and it was a rare GOOD day where there wasn't any crazy acting out or anything.

How was last month?

Weird. Lots of other people problems and supporting them in their stuff.

How is your PCOS management last month?

Well, I'm maintaining -- higher than I want to be at but holding steady. I also got a period and I got a referral to a new endoc. Now I have to DO something about that.

What are you going to work on in March?

Make the appt!

A.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Hi Astrophe!

Thanks for starting the thread, I think I didn't start it at the beginning of March because it was so lonely here, it seemed silly to be talking to myself.

There are some new posters so I hope they'll jump in and join too.

My knee was fine again and the MRI didn't show anything, so I started doing my routine again and it's been fine. It's been hurting the last couple of days because I fell on my butt two days ago on some slippery floors (yikes!).

I've also had a friend visiting who eats super healthy, so I didn't gain all this weight with them around, and it made me realize how I could use vegetables in different and more creative ways. I loved it!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Aw... I was thinking of you, Rana, even while I was away.

I know we don't meet each other in RL, but in the morning when I take my meds I like knowing y'all are out there somewhere kicking' PCOS butt in your own ways -- small or big.

MY CHECK IN

Well... still struggling to fit in fitness. I know I could be more aggressive about it and prioritizing my time. That's still my focus.

I tried calling endoc but now have to call my family practice -- they gave me the wrong number!

I restarted on BistroMD -- 5 days a week no snacks. I have bad habit of eating lunch out while on errands and I'm sure that's not helping. I'm back on pedometer and food logging.

So returning to dealing with my own health care here.

Baby steps!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-22-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #5  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

•Who is here this month?
I'm here! Newbie to these boards.

•How are you?
Not too bad. Biggest issues are my weight (obviously) and excess hair.
Oh, and I think I'm dealing with some carpal tunnel issues.

•How was last month?
Eye openning. I had gotten a book from the library--the 3 week firm up by Prevention magazine. I started following the plan the best I could, which wasn't too bad, it was just a different way of eating. It also had daily exercises to do each day...I am out of shape!
I also stopped the sugary drinks. I'm still getting used to coffee and tea without sugar. But, I find I'm not craving sugary snacks the same now. Yay!

•How is your PCOS management last month?
Fairly good. I think eating every 2-3 hours works for me. No big hunger craze or shakeyness.

•What are you going to work on in March?
Regular exercise. Start C25K soon.
Protein with every meal. Timed meals.
No sugary drinks.
Avoid chocolate like the plague!
Started D3 yesterday.
Stay motivated! (hence, hanging out on these boards!)
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

Who is here this month?
Hello! I'm a newbie, I only joined up a few days ago! I have PCOS, although I often forget that it has an impact on weight as I tend to focus on the period side of things with PCOS and the overeating side of things with my weight. It does seem to have a massive effect on me gaining weight and not losing it though

How are you?
I'm feeling pretty good right now! I lost 2 lbs last week and I have got a new lower number in the stones column on the scales I've also started to notice small positive changes in my body so I am hoping this will keep me motivated.

How was last month?
Last month as in February? If so, pretty bad. I'll leave it at that.

How is your PCOS management last month?
My period started to come back regularly about 6 months ago, and that has continued which always makes me happy. As for the other symptoms, facial hair and bad skin? Well, that is still as present as ever and not looking like it is going anywhere any time soon.

What are you going to work on in March?
This March, in fact this week, I have taken up running as well as going for long walks in an effort to increase my exercise. This has been a massive effort and leap forward for me so I am determined to keep going with this for the rest of March and beyond!

It is good to meet all of you!
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

veggidawg and EskaDee!

Great to have you both here!

MY CHECK IN:

Happy, busy. Going with fitbit for now. Have a lot going on with spring break with the kid and enjoying spending time with her.

Gotta make lunch so I'll be back later.

A.

ETA: Sleepy... but food logged and at -400 calories for today all told. go me! Baby steps!

Last edited by astrophe; 03-26-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Hop on over to April!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ml#post4689006