PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/192/150

Height: 5'2

Default PCOS and Juicing

Hi everyone I am new to this site

So I was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago. I have been battling this for my whole life so it was nice to have a name to it and to know that I am no longer alone or crazy.

In Aug/12 I started to juice. My goal was to be able to increase my intake of veg's. But what happened to me was crazy. My periods regulated from 40 -60 days to every 28 days. So since October my period has been regular. Now I am not interested in getting pregnant so I just thought I would share this info as what came out of my experience.

Hope this might help
Turtleboo142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

That's good news!

Sometimes more produce = better nutrition and then that leads to better health like the periods.

WTG!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/212/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

Good for you!!! I changed my diet and dropped 31pds. and I've had my period for going on 8months!!!!
naquitat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #4  

I use to juice, but after months gave it up because of the huge amount of time it was taking (in part). I should throw in that I also have PCOS and the reading I did on the issue suggested that those with pcos and/or pre-diabetes need to take care in Juicing and choosing the veggies/fruits since fruit and root veggies juiced can have a huge impact on insulin levels (in other words, it would be possible for someone to juice themselves straight into diabetes). I'm not trying to a scare anyone, just recommending caution.
LdyMc is offline   Reply With Quote