Hello

• I'm brand new and would like to take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm Shae and I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16. I managed to keep my weight under control until I got into my 20's. I'm 26 now and my weight spiraled out of my control until about a year and a half ago when a rather large cyst on my right ovary ruptured and spilled about a cup of blood into my abdominal cavity and ended up affecting my appendix. I had to have an emergency appendectomy and decided that it was time for me to get back in control of my body.
    After I recovered from my surgery I started working out and eating better. I've lost about 26 lbs in the last year and a half and have kept it off but am finding it to be increasingly difficult to lose more.
    I was diagnosed with Plantar Faciitis earlier this year and have to take it slow with my physical activity because it can cause some pretty intense pain in my feet, but I am wearing some orthotics in my shoes and they've been helping a lot!
    Unfortunately I do not have health insurance so I cannot really seek any professional help for my ailments just yet.
    At any rate- That's my story and it's all forward from here!

Nice to e-meet all of you
  • Welcome!
  • Thank you!
  • Welcome and Hello
  • welcome
    hi welcome to the community. have you tried different recipes?
  • Thank you Rhonda Marie and orangegirl!

Orange, I keep my diet pretty balanced. I don't really do a lot of the cooking, though. My husband is a chef and he often cooks for me. He has a culinary and nutrition degree and he's been a huge help! When I'm left to my own devices I usually just eat raw fruits and veggies (luckily I love fruits and veggies). I keep meat and dairy to a minimum because I tend to get kidney stones associated with my body having a hard time processing excess calcium and protein.

I've started changing up my exercise routine as much as I can without causing too much pain to my feet.