PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 01:10 AM   #1  

Default ttc and clomid

I have pcos which is managed by diet and exercise (could not tolerate gluc or gluc XR) and before ttc by ortho tri-cyclen. Since shedding most of my excess poundage, my periods have gone from every other month to every 24-25 days. I *seem* to be ovulating, though I don't know for sure.

We've only been ttc since December, but my ob/gyn said I can start Clomid when I'm ready. I'm thinking of waiting until we've tried for a full year(which she also suggested). I'm curious as to how long others on this board have waited before going the fertility drug route? I'm already 31, so I feel like I have to get moving before my window of opportunity closes.

Thankfully, I found a website that sells pregnancy tests that you can use 8 days post ovulation...for about 85 cents a test. I test like the energizer bunny...I feel like my inner psychotic self manifests itself in this weird testing frenzy.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:08 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Took me 7 yrs to conceive my daughter.....the day I gave in and decided to try clomid, I picked up a test on my way out of the drug store (intuition I spose) and found out I was preggers So I called the pharmacy and cancelled my scrip.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:27 PM   #3  

I tried 2 rounds of clomid and it didn't work for me. I have some more clomid sitting at home, but decided to take control of my life and eat right and lose weight and hope that will change my cycle and help me ovualte. If not, then I'll try the clomid one more time. But, I am hoping I won't have to take it. I have heard that being overweight can affect your cycles and hormones because of estorgen being stored in fat and being released at all the wrong times. So, lets hope losing weight will help me get pregnant. Been trying on my own to get pregnant for 3 years and then 3 months with my Dr. Now, I am taking a new path and eating right.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:43 PM   #4  

I know what you mean about taking the pregnancy test. could you plz post the site you found to buy them.
Closed Thread