PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default 2012 Oct PCOS Support Thread

Who is here? Round up! (Here is the old sept 2012)

Who is here this month?
How are you?
How was last month?
How is your PCOS management last month?
What are you going to work on in Oct

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 10-08-2012 at 02:35 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Who is here this month?

Me! Largely lurking!

How are you?

Good -- but hands full with health care stuff -- parents, kid, me... ack. from lice to bronchitis to all sorts of stuff.

How was last month?

Bizarre. Apart from illness -- also supporting a friend who was enduring abuse in a relationship and is seeking divorce. So I don't see that freeing me up just yet in October. Gotta tend to my friend. Sigh.

Better! I put pillbox on my cel phone to yammer at me to take me meds. Yay!.

http://pillboxalert.com/

What are you going to work on in Oct?

Keep on keepin' on... I'm proud of me for dealing with all this ugness and keeping my head up and not being too over the stop stressy grrr with it. Just taking it in stride and rising up to meet the challenges.

Go me! (even if my time is limited right now.)

Hope you are all well!

A.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I'm around, lurking here and there. WL wise I have been in a stall for-like-EVER; but I am still plugging along. I have only been trying alternative/natural PCOS remedies along with a mostly low carb diet and exercise. I believe most of my PCOS/IR issues have improved; but the lack of weight loss over the last 6-8 more weeks is a bit depressing. I'm not giving up. I'm just gearing up for a reboot and reset after our fall break vacation and then, to hopefully continue along the path. In other WL attempts I would have given up by now and started regaining. So, I guess there is some progress and hope in that...I am maintaining what I have lost so far.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Who is here this month?

Barely, but I'm here! Popping in when I can, but barely posting because I've been super busy. Work is CRAZY BUSY.

How are you?

I'm okay. A little stressed out.

How was last month?

It was good. Didn't gain that much weight during my trip (about 1 lb) and that came down really quickly.

I am liking this Paleo eating thing...

Good. I started my weight at 163.6 and ended at 163.8.... which kind of shows that I'm gaining, rather than losing, but it's not true! One was a result of a travel and the other one from my week of hiding out to get a bunch of work done.

In the meantime, I've been seeing 162 and 161.6 steadily... so my weight is lower than what the month seems to be indicating but who knows... I've stopped at 161-162. I haven't gone down.

Steadily cementing these Paleo habits and sticking to my healthy stuff.

I've been contemplating that I need to just love my body at this size. I exercise, I eat well, and maybe this is it for now. At least, until I have more time in my life to add in another type of work out... or a more significant change. I'm okay right now.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #5  
HW:232/SW:165

S/C/G: 215/211/165

Height: 5'6

Who is here this month?

New here!

How are you?

Stressed and frazzled; been a mad day at work

How was last month?

Very good, had a lot of positives in my personal life. Weight wise was quite bad, yo-yo'd a bit with my weight and was a bit down because of it, but things seem to be looking up now

Non-existent really. I try and ignore it but now want to make a concious effort to help it, hence the weight loss.

Eating healthier and losing weight and also making more of an effort with exercise
kymb92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Just checking in. Feeling really sad.

My abused friend was over here borrowing my printer to print things she needs for her divorce/counseling appointments.

She asked me to be a sounding board and help her sort because she's overwhelmed. Which I did.

But every time I help, I get more of the story and while I try to be supportive of her and am truly GLAD she is getting herself out?

It just saddens me to see how much CRAP she'd been enduring.

I guess what I need for myself is a virtual hug and support for ME so I can keep on supporting her in her wellness process. I am so proud of her for taking charge of her own life and making huge changes.

But just that it has to be DONE -- how can people be so nasty? So abusive? So MEAN? So.... ugh. I know men can be abused just like women. It's not a man/woman thing. It's an abuser/abused thing.

But UGH. Abusers just SUCK!

A.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:43 AM   #7  
Dancer need to lose some

S/C/G: 160/148/120

Height: 5'2"

I was diagnosed with PCOS just the 15th of this month so I'm new to all of this.
Hotpink88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #8  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

HotPink - I am right there with you. While I have known since 18 I was borderline, I had it confirmed October 2nd of this year. I can't be on hormones due to other health issues so other than one week a month progesterone to guarantee I have a period, I am on nothing. Well except I also got diagnosed bipolar so those meds too (which can cause weight gain). As far as weight all my doctors say stick with ww and the weight will come off so no meds.
PageLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #9  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

astrophe - ! You're being a wonderful friend. Caring takes an enormous toll, as you know - so please keep doing your best not to short-change yourself during this time, with so many others receiving your support!

Last edited by Desiderata; 10-21-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: emoticon!
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/182/135

Height: 5'3"

Who is here this month?
Hi! I'm new!
How are you?
I am really excited! I have was diagnosed with PCOS at 21, and I have recently (like three days ago) started the depo/metformin drug treatment! I am suffering the metformin side effects, but I am hopeful that they will pass soon. I have a 6 month old baby, and I have had a really difficult time shedding all the extra pounds. My healthy goal is 135 from 182... :0) Crossing my fingers and hopping up and down (for exercise) that this helps!
How was last month?
Painful, I had multiple cysts rupture. Ugh!
Nonexistant.
What are you going to work on in Oct?
I will be working on a fitness routine, and weaning out all of those sweet treats that I have in the cupboard.
PearBerry is offline   Reply With Quote