PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 05:52 PM   #1  

Default Hypothyroidism?

I was curious as to wonder if anyone else has hypothyroidsm (low thyroid function)? I was diagnosed last summer after a routine blood test (I blamed my weight on everything BUT!.. ), and recently had to have my Synthroid dose readjusted after beginning to feel fatigued again (after a second blood test, of course). The good thing about Synthroid was the entire time I've taken it, I've had no ill effects.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:10 PM   #2  

Lori, I am hypothyroid. I took Synthroid for about six months, but I changed doctors because the one I had was just so uninformed, it was driving me nuts. The new one right off changed me to a different med. I took Unithroid for a while, then he put me on Armour. The ratio of Armour's T4 to T3 was not right for me, so he put me on Unithroid again, and a special formulation of T3. Ill effects of thyroid hormones are not something I am concerned about. I am more concerned about getting ENOUGH. It is now obvious that my problem is not just hypothyroidism, but a T4 to T3 conversion problem. Most doctors would tell me it was all in my head, but my doctor, thankfully, does a full thyroid panel on me, and knows my T3 levels are not right. I take the thyroid meds, as well as 1500mg of Metformin a day. Hopefully, now that the doctor just raised both, I will be able to start losing. It is very hard for me, though. I am not going to complain here, though. I am sure everyone who has PCOS can relate....
Old 05-19-2003, 12:02 PM   #3  

I am Hypothyroid also. It's pretty frustrating to be battling weight gain and not being very successful. I've just started Sugar Busters, was on Atkins for about 6 months without loosing anything. I'm hoping this makes a difference.

I'd love to hear about anyone elses success stories. Especially if you are Hypothyroid. This runs in my family big time and I'd like to be able to point my daughter in the right direction.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:41 PM   #4  
Amy Needs New Shoes

HI. I've been hypo since I was 19. On synthroid most of my life until last year. Changed docs and she gave me armour thyroid. I love it. I've felt totally different this year. Just starting to pick a weight loss plan but it has always been hard for me to lose. My doc says low carb (blah) and 4 days min of exercise (also blah). Good luck ladies!
Closed Thread