PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #1  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Default I'm a hobbit! TT^TT

Hi guys,

I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago at 19, and thus far have been pretty lucky with my symptoms. Aside from the occasional period-that-lasts-more-than-a-month and ping ponging between being overweight and slightly obese for my entire adult life, I'm not doing too badly. I don't have crippling cramps, baldness, or excess facial hair...I DO have one obnoxious thing that I'd like advice on though...I have hobbit feet!

While body hair grows faster on me than a lot of my friends, there's not much that's unusual about the abundance or location of it, with the glaring, horrible exception of my feet. The fact that I begin to resemble Samwise Gamgee if I don't shave my toes twice weekly is only exacerbated by the fact that I have ridiculously large feet (US 11.5 women's, 28 cm). I'm super self-conscious about them and was wondering...anyone else have a similar problem? What's the best way to deal with it? Shaving? Waxing? Depilatory?

I just got out of the shower feeling like a freakshow and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #2  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

S/C/G: 200ish/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Hmmm i think waxing would be best hth
MrsH2132012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I wear a size 11 sneaker. And my DH used to tell me I have hobbit feet when we first met in my late teens. LOL.

I just don't stress about hairy toes any more. They used to bug me so much in my teens I'd tweezer them all out. I think that killed the hair on my big toes. Those bothered me the most -- but the rest I could live with. I haven't even thought about them in years and I was amused to check them out after reading your post.

Big toes have a few that have not died a tweezer death.

I'd just shave them.

In fact, later today I'm gonna. Not because they bug me, but in PCOS solidarity.

Keep your sense of humor about it -- it's only body grooming.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #4  
Stubborn.

I'll try the tweezing first since I have a pair of tweezers handy and no wax atm. How using them had never occurred to me before is beyond me, but thanks for the suggestions! If it tries growing back too quickly wax will be my first contingency plan. The shaving thing is getting obnoxious :/
Old 06-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #5  
Fellow cyster!

S/C/G: 170/170/150

Height: 5'10"

Bahahahahaha! Samwise Gamgee! All kidding aside, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I know whether or not you have hair on your toes, fingers, etc. is actually genetic. I'm not sure if PCOS exacerbates it or not. Wax works wonders on hair!

As a kid, when I got nervous, I actually pulled out the hair on my fingers with my teeth. LOL. So at least you don't do that!
claristotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #6  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

I, too, pluck the hairs out of my big toes. It's pretty ouchy, but easier (and cheaper) than any other option. :P
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #7  
Stubborn.

Thanks a ton guys...it makes me feel a little better knowing that there's at least a few more people out there with the same issue.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
As a kid, when I got nervous, I actually pulled out the hair on my fingers with my teeth. LOL. So at least you don't do that!
OMG, I imagined my yanking my big toe hairs out with my teeth and practically spit my drink laughing.

Quote:
Thanks a ton guys...it makes me feel a little better knowing that there's at least a few more people out there with the same issue.
Glad you feel better. Like I said -- it's only grooming.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #9  
PCOS/Depression

S/C/G: 250/250/140

Coincidentally, I also call mine hobbit feet :P Only the hair on my feet grows on the top of my foot as well as my toes. I got "blessed" with all of the symptoms of PCOS.
JustJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #10  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

haha, I have hair on all 5 toes and the tops of my feet. I shave it, and sometimes pluck. I wax my very hairy man like arms, and tummy...oh excess hair, how I loathe you!

I think you should wax, it slows the growth and they grow back not so like, like shaving causes.
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote