PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 08:51 AM   #1  

Default ? about taking Glucophage & synthroid

Hello, I started taking Glucophage Yesterday and I have been taking synthroid for almost 6 months because I also Have Hypo.
My ? is do any of you take both of these?

I just saw on a web site that they could have "Possible drug interactions when taken together"

Any info welcome

Mellie
Old 03-12-2003, 05:10 PM   #2  

I don't take both, but I am pretty sure there are people who do. Low thyroid is fairly common in PCOS, as is taking glucophage... I know I know of people taking meds for both, though I am not sure syntharoid is the thyroid component they are on. If there is an interaction, your endocrinologist should be able to suggest an alternative.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:31 PM   #3  

I take glucophage, Unithroid (T4 like Synthroid) and a special T3 forumla. I have not heard anything about drug interactions using these together. I have been on both for close to a year, and thyroid hormones for three. Do you mind sharing the link where you saw this info? I would be very interested to read it.

Thanks!
Closed Thread