PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #1  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Cool Weight Watchers

So, I was thinking about joining the online version. But wanted to check in with you ladies. Does it work? Any success stories? Any it didn't work stories?
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/120/110

Hi there.... I had great luck with weight watchers. There's tons and tons of their recipes out there.
pattyhues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #3  
Angie... that is me!

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

WW is a wonderful tool in helping one lose weight! It's not for everyone, but the best thing about it for me is that no food is off limits. I do the old points version, because I have all of the books and pamphlets and whatnot. But I hear the new PointsPlus is great as well! Good luck to you!
40lbsPLEASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

My gyno said, after seeing so many women who needed to lose weight, that the only program that really works is Weight Watchers.

The reason why Weight Watchers works is because it's basically calorie counting.

If you need the structure of a program, I would go with Weight Watchers too. I wouldn't spend time/money on something else like Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig, because they don't really teach you about cooking for yourself and fending for yourself (I have a friend who bounces up and down in her weight because of this -- she doesn't cook, so when she's on the plan, she loses weight, when she gets off it, she gains it).
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/165.8/155

I tried weight watchers I had results with it, I however was going to meetings not just the online but I did really like the online, there's great boards where people post questions, I like the 20 something board. My aunt it worked for amazingly she lost 50lbs so fast. I found it extremely helpful in the logging your food it taught me how to do that correctly.

My problem with it was I could eat whatever I wanted and I would plateau because it didn't discriminate between carbs, fats, proteins, ect. I find I have the best results doing lower carbs, and with WW I could eat watermelon and sweets and if I had a choice I would be happy to live on carbs, fruit and sweets even healthy ones. But for starting the process I'd say its the best option out there.

Like Rena said it's a great structured program and it guided me so now I'm able to monitor my food intake, it made me very thoughtful to portion size and the recipes are really very good, they have a brownie recipe that is awesome and chicken curry so good.
Dashing Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #6  
Angie... that is me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashing Diva View Post
they have a brownie recipe that is awesome and chicken curry so good.

Care to share these yummy recipes Diva? I'm a brownie addict so I'm always looking for new healthy low-points recipes for them!!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/165.8/155

Sure I haven't made them in a while but these are what they were: 2 points.
Ingredients
3/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa, powder
3/4 cup(s) sugar
1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 cup(s) low-fat plain yogurt
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 spray(s) cooking spray
Instructions

* Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F.

* Whisk the cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Then use a wooden spoon to stir in the yogurt and vanilla until smooth but quite thick.

* Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Spread the thick batter into the pan, evenly to the corners.

* Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before cutting into 16 squares, 2- X 2-inches each. Yields 1 square per serving.

Be careful with the yogurt the carb/sugar can be crazy look around at the brands check them. To lower the carb count I've used greek yogurt and done a mixture 1/2 soy flour and 1/2 flour.
Dashing Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #8  
Angie... that is me!

Very good, thanks so much! I'll be baking a pan this weekend =)
Old 01-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #9  
chubby punk

S/C/G: tick..tick...boom

Height: 5'5"

I am having great success with Weight Watchers, losing between 1-3lbs weekly when I am on plan. It is essentially just calorie counting, but simplified since fruit and vegetables and some items like condiments and spices have a zero point value. It's easier to calculate in your head, rather than needing a website or some other kind of calorie tracker with your at all times.
However I find the real drawcard of Weight Watchers, other than no food essentially being off limit, is the accountability of weekly weigh ins. Of course, nobody sees your scale figure except you and the person recording it in your book, but just knowing that at least one other person is going to see the results of your efforts, or lack of, is enough motivation for me not to eat things I shouldnt. With online, you wouldnt get that. You could use a free calorie calculator and have the same effect, I would think. You do get a cute weight tracker graph and access to some recipes and success stories but it doesnt have the accountability of meetings.
LaurenBelle is offline   Reply With Quote