PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

I tried BCP don't remember which one in the beginning back in 2004 when I was 1st diagnosed, but I didn't like the side effects. after reading these threads, I may reconsider...
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #17  

Default impossible to loose wt .....

Hi
I am 34 yrs old and suffering from Fibro myalgia, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, pcos and fatty liver.Currently on metformin and thyroxine.
I am 70 kgs and 5 1'(heaviest till date).Desperately tryin to loose wt, prev it used to be slow n difficult but wt did come off, this time nothin is working. Finally tried 5-2diet , and started hittin the gym twice a week religiously.on non fast days never eat more than 1450-1500 cals.I m following this regime frm nov 2013.No wt loss, no inch loss.From feb, increasd m y protein and brkfast is always 2 boiled eggs.Snack on almonds and have 100 gms of tofu with evening tea most of the days.Dont want to stop eatin carbs all together.Do no eat white bread ,pizzas , processed foods etc but being an asian eat chapati or rice with main meal ( count cals though).Frm this month replaced rice with quinoa.i am a vegetarian.
What more to do, pls advice . desperately want to loose inches/wt.
Thanks.
bittsbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Fatty liver as well as IR, are related to uncontrolled glucose levels in your blood stream.

You may not want to give up carbs, but that may be your only solution.

Tofu is also not recommended for PCOS women because we have an issue with balancing hormones.

Also, cardio may not be the best either -- as you going to the gym to lift weights? or take spinning classes? You may be better off lifting.

Sadly, some gluten issues may be causing your fibro and hypothyroidism, so I would recommend taking out the chapati and going gluten free to see if you improve there.

Good luck...
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote