PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #1  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default Losing weight, no period.

So about 2 weeks ago I started to push myself to lose weight. and My period is 1.5 weeks late.. ( Not pregnant)--- every day, I get back cramps im bloated.
but no period.
Tried having sex, working out, anything i can think of to get this period going.
its annoying..
I just feel so bloated every day. Im doing everything right, Diet excerise.
but i just know i will lose a few more.. if it ever starts..
arghhhhhh. Im so short with everyone too..
I just feel miserable. I have had this before. but not in a while. Usally the minute i would take a pregnancy test.. bang it would come on. but nothing...
I would think maybe i skipped a period. but i feel so awful..
anyone have any ideas?- and just for the record ive only lost 6.3 pounds so its not like i lost too much weight too quick~!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #2  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

I just googled a bit this was all I could find. Are you a vegetarian? Did you reduce your calories big time recently?

Also, it could be things not related to weight loss at all. Not to scare you, but medical conditions so if it doesn't come in another couple of weeks perhaps get to a doctor to check your lady parts.

And of course you could be pregnant.

Last edited by ButterCup85; 06-11-2011 at 11:27 AM.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #3  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

ya no.. took a pregnancy test.. said no..
Ive only had 1 pregnncy in my 38 years and that ended in misscarriage
im not pregnant..
Guess i just have to wait!
thanks
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I would definately talk to your doctor...
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Well, did you take a stick test and rule out pregnancy? Do you think you are close to having the period and it just needs an oomph? You could try parsley tea to bring it on. Parsley is a mild emmenagogue. I think it tastes grassy and not bad at all. You can hunt down the recipes online.

But if you think it is something more serious don't wait around - go to the doc.

Consider charting too. I know I ovulate way late. My problems are on the front end hormones. But once I O I know that period is coming 10-14 days later without a problem so my back end of the cycle hormones seem to do ok. I use www.tcoyf.com but the software version. But knowing when I O'd helps tell me when it should be hitting and if it seems slow pokey then the tea gives it the oomph to move it along.

HTH!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-11-2011 at 11:43 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #6  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Its normal for women with pcos to have a very abnormal cycle. Don't do the parsley thing, it's horrible. Call your doc, maybe you're due to have your blood test run again to check your hormones. Also you could have ovulated late... You still could be pregnant. Or just your body getting used to you losing weight- keep on working on your weight loss and call your doc just in case.
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #7  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Oh and I majorly agree with charting just to figure out what's going on with your body.
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:57 AM   #8  

I think you must talk to your doctor...
marshas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I wouldn't talk to your doctor just because one period is ten days late, that's really not a big deal. You're losing weight relatively rapidly, and weight loss is known to affect hormones big time. I'm losing at the rate of 1lb a week, possibly just over, and my hormones have gone absolutely crazy, including one month where I didn't ovulate at all (I chart). As for the PMS, the anxiety side of things has gone through the roof, while the breast swelling and migraine have improved. So pretty much anything can happen.

You may not be aware that the length of time between ovulation and the next period is relatively constant, so that once you've ovulated, you can't do anything about when your period will turn up. Ovulation is what gets delayed by stress, whether emotional stress or physical stress to the body such as dieting or a major change in routine (e.g. going on holiday). The diet has presumably delayed ovulation, and your period will come when it comes.

I have always found that the longer my cycle, the worse the PMS gets. Perhaps this is because if there's a stressor affecting ovulation, it's going to affect everything else in my body as well, on top of the slight hormonal imbalance you get when the first part of your cycle is much longer than the second part.

Wow, is that myth that pregnancy tests bring on a period still doing the rounds?! It's correlation, not cause and effect. Women who take pregnancy tests are either pregnant or their period is late. If they're not pregnant, then the period was due very soon anyway, so of course it tends to arrive just after the pregnant test was taken. Of course, if you've ovulated late then it may have been too early to take the pregnancy test anyway, so if you still don't have a period in a week's time, I'd take another test. What method of contraception are you using?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #10  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Wow, is that myth that pregnancy tests bring on a period still doing the rounds?!
No. I suggested she test to make sure she isn't pregnant first. I didn't know there was some myth thing about it.

Then if she wanted to try something like teas to move it along that would be up to her. I know it will come anyway, but for me parsley tea helps with the bloat and the blah.

And if something mild like tea didn't move it along, she probably ought to visit the doc for something stronger like provera.

Hope you are feeling better, fridayangel!

GL!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-13-2011 at 01:11 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote