PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacal96 View Post
wow thats awesome! Sounds like everyone just needs to be taking cinnamon/chromium all the time and we'd all feel better! haha! That's good to know because I hate sinus meds! Always knock me out! I'll definitely let you know how it goes! I'm excited to get started on it! Sugar cravings have to be my biggest downfall! So I'm hoping this helps a ton! :]]
I hope it helps you too!!!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet73 View Post
I hope it helps you too!!!
Well I got my cinnamon and chromium 2 days ago! Had 1 the first day and felt great! Had 2 yesterday and I swear it was like sugar was no interest to me at all! We went to a cookout for memorial day and they had apples cooked in butter and sugar.. couldn't eat 2 bites. Then they had made homemade cherry ice cream and it tasted DELICIOUS but I just didn't want any! That definitely wasn't like me! haha! And today I forgot to take my 2 and what happens? The sugar monster attacks and I bought chocolate covered pretzels and caramel while we were out :[[ So I can definitely feel the difference! Now to just stay on track taking it! haha! Thanks so much for posting! Soo glad I found this product!!
sacal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #48  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hello
I started cinnamon and chromium 2 weeks ago.. im finally losing weight. slowly but losing. which has pushed me to start working out again.. but im eating a lot less. no snacking at night! and it works a lot like metformin.. except i dont have a to take a MAD DASH to the bathroom after i eat.. - So im going to stick with it.. good luck everyone!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #49  

I'm just popping in to ask if anyone who's been taking cinnamon supplements has noticed an increase in bruising? As someone already mentioned in this thread, cinnamon is a natural blood thinner. I had been eating a fair amount of it (several teaspons everyday) for a couple of weeks (just to flavor my yogurt, not as a supplement) and I started getting unexplained, small bruises all over my body. I think it was the blood-thinning effect so I cut back and the bruising went away. The blood-thinning effect is probabaly a healthy thing for most people, but the bruises worried me. Anyone else experience this?
Yakulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #50  

Quote:
Well I got my cinnamon and chromium 2 days ago! Had 1 the first day and felt great! Had 2 yesterday and I swear it was like sugar was no interest to me at all! We went to a cookout for memorial day and they had apples cooked in butter and sugar.. couldn't eat 2 bites. Then they had made homemade cherry ice cream and it tasted DELICIOUS but I just didn't want any! That definitely wasn't like me! haha! And today I forgot to take my 2 and what happens? The sugar monster attacks and I bought chocolate covered pretzels and caramel while we were out :[[ So I can definitely feel the difference! Now to just stay on track taking it! haha! Thanks so much for posting! Soo glad I found this product!!
So glad it's working for you! I ran out and and boy has it made a difference in my appetite! It definite does curve the sweet cravings for me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayangel View Post
Hello
I started cinnamon and chromium 2 weeks ago.. im finally losing weight. slowly but losing. which has pushed me to start working out again.. but im eating a lot less. no snacking at night! and it works a lot like metformin.. except i dont have a to take a MAD DASH to the bathroom after i eat.. - So im going to stick with it.. good luck everyone!
That's great!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakulla View Post
I'm just popping in to ask if anyone who's been taking cinnamon supplements has noticed an increase in bruising? As someone already mentioned in this thread, cinnamon is a natural blood thinner. I had been eating a fair amount of it (several teaspons everyday) for a couple of weeks (just to flavor my yogurt, not as a supplement) and I started getting unexplained, small bruises all over my body. I think it was the blood-thinning effect so I cut back and the bruising went away. The blood-thinning effect is probabaly a healthy thing for most people, but the bruises worried me. Anyone else experience this?
I haven't had any increased bruising. The cinnamon in pill form may be different than the powder form you are using or maybe the quantity? I'm not sure. I do know the pill form isn't recommended for pregnant women due to blood thinning, so it could possibly be the same thing..
Old 06-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

I used to bruise easily for no apparent reason.. Turned out that cinnamon was not the culprit, instead I was deficient in B12. A quick shot of B12 stopped my bruising almost over night.
nina125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Very interesting points for me here. When the brusing question came up I suddenly remembered I used to bruise really easily. I hadn't noticed that it stopped but was surprised to realise I haven't really noticed it for several years. That also happens to be as long as I have been taking Vit B12. I was taking it for it's calming effect.

Then about the sinus info. I do much better with weight loss if I have some dairy but dairy products give me sinus infections. I tried to add ff yogurt again and after a few days woke up with the familiar beginning of sinus trouble. But by the afternoon the sinus pressure was gone. That never happened without meds before. Must be the cinnamon.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #53  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Out of curiosity, what brands are you all taking?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Very interesting points for me here. When the brusing question came up I suddenly remembered I used to bruise really easily. I hadn't noticed that it stopped but was surprised to realise I haven't really noticed it for several years. That also happens to be as long as I have been taking Vit B12. I was taking it for it's calming effect.

Then about the sinus info. I do much better with weight loss if I have some dairy but dairy products give me sinus infections. I tried to add ff yogurt again and after a few days woke up with the familiar beginning of sinus trouble. But by the afternoon the sinus pressure was gone. That never happened without meds before. Must be the cinnamon.
sounds like you have an allergy to dairy. My sinus problems have gotten better with cinnamon too
Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
Out of curiosity, what brands are you all taking?

A.
I buy the Spring Valley brand.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm glad someone mentioned the bruising thing with cinnamon being a natural blood thinner! I haven't noticed bruising, but I have been seeing little vessels in my legs that come up in like lines.. They'll be there for a while then just go away.. I had never noticed it before but I'm like so white my skin is transparent.. haha! I'm guessing maybe those are showing up now because of the blood thinning? Anyone else had this happen?
sacal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #57  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies - I had been taking chromium for about a year because it helps with my blood sugar. I read about the cinnamon/chromium combo here, and bought it. I took it yesterday and was FULL for a long time after.

My question is, WHEN do you all take it: morning, afternoon or night?
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hmmm... I'd like to try this. I add cinnamon to my bananas and yogurt if I have any. I hope it works good for me too.

I have tried to get my mom to add cinnamon to her coffee to help with her diabetes. She did it for a while, then stopped. She's now fully dependent on insulin, it makes me really sad. She has a lot of health issues that I know are a result of her diabetes. Bah....maybe if I take this, she will consider talking to her doctor to make sure it's safe for her...and join me.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #59  

Quote:
I'm glad someone mentioned the bruising thing with cinnamon being a natural blood thinner! I haven't noticed bruising, but I have been seeing little vessels in my legs that come up in like lines.. They'll be there for a while then just go away.. I had never noticed it before but I'm like so white my skin is transparent.. haha! I'm guessing maybe those are showing up now because of the blood thinning? Anyone else had this happen?
hmmm....I really don't know.. you might ask your doctor about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
Hi ladies - I had been taking chromium for about a year because it helps with my blood sugar. I read about the cinnamon/chromium combo here, and bought it. I took it yesterday and was FULL for a long time after.

My question is, WHEN do you all take it: morning, afternoon or night?
My bottle says take two capsules twice a day with food and that's how I take it. I would definitely go by what your bottle says. Taking it in the morning gets me through until the afternoon as far as sweet cravings and then I take the other two in late afternoon/evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyHeather View Post
Hmmm... I'd like to try this. I add cinnamon to my bananas and yogurt if I have any. I hope it works good for me too.

I have tried to get my mom to add cinnamon to her coffee to help with her diabetes. She did it for a while, then stopped. She's now fully dependent on insulin, it makes me really sad. She has a lot of health issues that I know are a result of her diabetes. Bah....maybe if I take this, she will consider talking to her doctor to make sure it's safe for her...and join me.
My doctor said it can help with blood sugar so this may be something to ask her doctor about. A friend of mine has reactive hypoglycemia due to weight loss surgery and she says it has been helping with her BS.. She was bottoming out before but hasn't done that since starting the cinnamon/chromium
Old 06-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #60  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

My bottle only says once a day - that's why i was asking. I guess the noon meal for me is as good as time as any... thanks
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote