PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #76  
Closed

S/C/G: 207.5/200/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Welcome Blu You've lost a bunch of weight already good job!
TeaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #77  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Hey Ladies! Its a week later and still no AF... I figured out (maybe) that I O'd a little later than I thought. Its a slim chance, but the end of my 2WW would be Thursday. So, if there still is no AF, I guess I'll test again. WL is going alright, slow but steady.

Hope you cysters are great!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 240/230/145

Height: 5'7

Red face wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hi ladies!

Just thought I would pop on and say hello! I am currently doing ideal protein and have had great sucess with it but my endocrinologist (who I saw once last month and who diagnosed me with PCOS) is super upset that Im in a state of constant ketosis (apparently its dangerous for someone with Insulin Resitence) and she has referred me to see a dietician. My question is are any of you insulin resistant and what eating plan are you following?

Have a wonderful evening ladies
wow! this reply isnt to your post, but to your weight loss record congrats!! looks like your doing well. how are you loosing so much per week?
Hope you continue to do so great!! I'm also trying to lose weight for my wedding
Deedee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #79  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

My question is are any of you insulin resistant and what eating plan are you following?

I'm PCOS/IR and I calorie count and try to go with Low GI.

At the moment I seem to be doing my best to just maintain. I'm feeling kind of erratic emotionally and trying to not break down into emotional eating.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #80  
Closed

I am also PCOS/IR. I eat lots of leafy green vegetables, kale, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, sprouts. I try to eat lean protein with every meal. I avoid fast food, processed food, "white" foods like bread, pasta, rice. I do eat grains but not often, maybe three to four times a week. I guess you could call my eating low-carb and it's definately low GI. I tried South Beach but the first two weeks I couldn't give up fruit (berries and apples mainly) and found it very restrictive. I still follow the South Beach eating plan vaguely, you could call it South Beach 1.5. I also exercise, every day. It's hard work and I've only just started but hopefully I'm taking the right steps and will see some progress. Oh I also calorie count and try to keep my intake low, around 1400 per day.

Consulting a dietician is good but make sure he/she is aware of PCOS/IR/Diabetes so they can set you on the right food path.

A - I go through spells where I get very emotionally all over the place. When this happens I reach for the nearest bag of whatever is bad for me. I'm going to try going for a walk or doing something to take my mind off it when this happens again. These spells aren't pleasant but we can get through them.

Last edited by TeaRose; 05-26-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #81  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks! I keep pluggin away

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaRose View Post
Welcome Blu You've lost a bunch of weight already good job!
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #82  

Height: 5.8

Hi ladies

Welcome to all our new "cysters"

First off ...CONGRATS Pinkhoodie..I am swooo happy for you, I hope my BFP comes in sept when we start TTC

Im glad to see everyone is hanging in and having some great results with our weight.

I got fabulous news today, I went for glucose testing and loads of blood work last week and the results are awesome. Im not diabetic and my levels have dropped ALOT, so much that she is not prescribing Metformin. She said my weight loss and no carbs have helped my levels, she still said no to Ideal Protein but I struck a deal that I would lose another 15 pounds 75 in total and then transition off of it to LOW GI eating. I have an appointment in june with a dietician who deals with a lot of PCOS patients so I am looking forward to seeing what she recomends.

I am running my first 5km race this saturday and Im super nervous. I have been training for 10 weeks and I know Im ready but still so nrvous..

Have a great evening ladies
sassykimann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 240/215/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkHoodie View Post
Well girls, I got a nice huge surprise today of a big fat positive!!! I am pregnant!!!! I can't believe it! I just can't wrap my mind around it. I just really hope and pray this baby sticks. Been feeling sick today, so the symptoms are here with a vengance. I weighed in at 222.6 today, and I have NO doubt the weight loss helped me be successful this month. Please pray for a sticky baby!!
Pink, I'm so excited for you! I also got pregnant with IUI and my precious daughter is 5 years old. I just joined today...so excited to have some cysters that understand what it's like to have PCOS. Sucks! But, as someone else said, I am stronger than PCOS. I love that. Take care!

Angela
angelajfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #84  
Closed

Sassy, that's awesome news about your blood work, so happy for you. I am looking forward to the day when I get my blood work done and find out that everything is improving. Good luck for the 5k! You can totally do it, enjoy the day and kick some butt.

Welcome Angela .

Good day for me so far, got my exercise in even though I wanted to stay in bed . Yesterday was a high calorie and carb day, so today I'm keeping an eye on the food. I didn't eat bad, I just had quinoa salad for lunch and a sweet potato with dinner and they really add up.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #85  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

A big welcome to the newbies!

I felt a lot better yesterday and this morning I feel even more calm. No more breast tenderness/bloat, no cranky, no cramping, no crazy appetite for sweets, etc.

I looked up the dates and I was struggling with the food log and keeping it in limits and feeling all over the place from cycle day 13 - 19. Totally moody.

So it was like clustering around what would be O day. This is my 4th pack of Sprintec (OrthoCyclen) and I'm sad because the 3rd pack was sooo smooth sailing.

I had some trouble on pack 2 and my doc said maybe switch from the generic to brand name in case quality control on the generic is not as good. I still had other packs and 3 was so smooth I thought.. .maybe not. I've always been told that it takes 3 packs to get acclimated well and that's worked out so far in my experience.

Now I'm wondering if I should change for 5th pack to brand name ortho-cyclen.

Anyone experienced anything like that? Either feeling all "gggrrrrr!" at what would be your ovulation week or feeling like generic BCP wasn't the same as the brand name BCP?

Thanks!
A.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #86  

I'm PCOS/IR. Weight loss is a complete struggle for me and I've been working on it for 4 years now. I find that I don't need many calories and I only eat protein, a little fat and very few carbs (under 5g/day and only because I'm eating eggs). It's a tough diet, but it's cleared up most of my symptoms and my need to take medicine. I also work out 1-2 hours a day.
Mikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #87  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Sooo....

Went grocery shopping to restock the healthy foods. About to clean the kitchen and rid myself of the crap that seems to accumulate.

Got some new clothes, including a bathing suit!

So I'm feeling a lot better as I face the upcoming week.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 05-29-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #88  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies. I am checking in with this thread in respone to another post I had submitted elsewhere. It actually surprised me and I'm tearing up just seeing this thread for others who are in my same predicament. Although I am not trying to get pregnant, I am trying to lose weight and I think I am in a bit of denial. I have not been to see my doctor nor my OB since probably April 2010.....Wow! I haven't even thought of how long it has been until now. Thats bad. I haven't been taking the prescriptions I am suppose to because I am stubborn (I hate pills) and I let them lapse. I am scared to see my doctor again because I really don't want him to yell at or lecture me...like he normally does. He's a harda** and thats what I like. He tells me straight but I'm still scared to see him. I don't know if you guys are also familiar with vascular disease but I have Vasculitis which we can't figure out if it contributes to my inability to lose weight also. It's frustrating and I need to cry on someone's shoulder!!!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #89  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

I know a lot of folks are off doing Memorial Day weekend things... but here's the June thread in case anyone is home...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...0-support.html

A.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #90  

Amazing enough, the right foods to eat are largely depended upon your blood work levels, symptoms, and if you are any regular medication to help manage your PCOS symptoms (clomid, metformin, etc).

Do you experience pain, bloating? Are you on any medications?

Seeing as you are already following what appears to be a rigourous diet, I only have a few suggestions. 1) Never eat a baked potato. When the potato bakes there is a chemical change in its natural sugars, making it harmful for anyone with IR. 2) A moderate night with an even portion of fat/protein/carbohydrates works best. As you may already know, protein doesn't necessarily have to come from a daily serving of meat, but can also come from eggs, nuts and peanut butter.

And third, don't be discouraged. There is no right or wrong answer on what route to take to manage your PCOS. PCOS affects every woman different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hi ladies!

Just thought I would pop on and say hello! I am currently doing ideal protein and have had great sucess with it but my endocrinologist (who I saw once last month and who diagnosed me with PCOS) is super upset that Im in a state of constant ketosis (apparently its dangerous for someone with Insulin Resitence) and she has referred me to see a dietician. My question is are any of you insulin resistant and what eating plan are you following?

Have a wonderful evening ladies
dreilly is offline   Reply With Quote