PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default A little disappointed

I don't post in this part of 3FC very often, but I thought if anyone could understand my current disappointment it's you folks.

At my last visit to the endo, she said my weight loss may have positively affected my insulin resistance, and that I could try to cut my metformin back to once a day and see if I stayed stable that way. Well, this week was the big experiment, and I regret to say that the results were not good ones. Over the last six days my weight started steadily creeping up (I'm up 1.5 pounds) and this morning my fasting blood sugar was 99.

I'm happy with the way that my overall health is improving, but I just can't help being disappointed that I'm still classed as pre-diabetic. I've been told that just a 20 pound weight loss is enough to make an impact on blood sugar, and I guess I expected that it would be true for me since I've lost so much more than that.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Lisa,

I understand the disappointment. It can be really rough when you think your lifestyle changes have made a big impact on your health, and you have issues regardless. I'm going through a bit of it myself.

Still, imagine where you might be if you hadn't made the changes you've made, right?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/199/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Still, imagine where you might be if you hadn't made the changes you've made, right?
Exactly!

I'm sorry it has been disappointing. I very much understand where you're coming from. Just keep up the great work and know that you're doing what you need to do.
Magz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #4  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

The more you lose, the less diabetic you will be! It's a hard road to travel but your health and well being are SO worth it. My step brother just recently found out he was type two diabetic and he lost about 70lbs in 7 or 8 months. He is managing his insulin and whatnot but he struggles everyday. Good luck on your road to being healthy!!!
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/142/135

Height: 5'2

Just wanted to say I understand what it's like to be faced with disappointments like that - it's tough! I hope that things will resolve themselves.. and in the meantime with your overall health improving.. that's a good thing!
hopefully is offline   Reply With Quote