PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #1  

Default Insulite - Remembering the pills?

Started on Insulite about 3 weeks ago. The only thing that I'm really having trouble with is remembering to stop and take pills 6 times per day. I have a hectic schedule and just plain forget... There's just so many other things going on that I have to remember to do.

I have done the thing of shifting things around (like taking the lunch supplements at dinner). Even with that I'm still having trouble remembering all of them.

Are there others who have had this challenge and can give me some ideas on overcoming it?

Thanks,
Carla
PretzelLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

I have the same problem, so I (try) to take them 4x a day (twice for with meals, and twice between meals) but when I don't remember I just take all 18 pills at once. I swallow all of them in small increments with a big glass of water. I've never had any bad effects from it- I mean, it's just herbs. But I think they recommend taking them throughout the day so it regulates your appetite and blood sugar better. But I find that I feel really good if I just get the pills in no matter in what order they are taken.

Last edited by Michelle125; 08-15-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #3  

Actually, what I'd like to do is break open the pills and put them in a smoothie in the a.m.- then I'm done for the day. Sometimes when I take all those pills at once I can feel them in my throat. They are big! I'll let you know how the smoothie thing works out.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #4  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

smoothie?? OMG I can't imagine the green PCOS pills in a smoothie..they smell kinda funny. Let us know how that turns out. I don't think you can put the GlucX in with the smoothie. Mixing it with liquid I think causes it to expand too much and maybe too thick to drink? That is why we have to drink 8 oz of water with it because if it doesn't go down all the way and opens up before it reaches the stomach the fiber in it expands and will get stuck. I read that somewhere, maybe on the FAQ part of the site.

I have extreme difficulty taking the pills on time too, I'm thinking about investing in one of those little pill timers like older people have lol. I just try to associate the pills with different things I do during the day. Like the PCOS+ pills I take as soon as I get in to work while I start my computer. That gives me about 30 min. to answer emails and get situated before I can eat breakfast and take the InsulX and RejuvenX. The first dose of GlucX I have a hard time remember. Then at lunch I take the 2nd round of InsulX and RejuvenX and just before I leave work I take the PCOS+ while shutting my comp down. I take the 2nd round of GlucX before bed.

Try to associate the pills with things you have to do during the day that you won't forget to do. Hope that helps.

Quick questions(maybe TMI) but on the weekends I ALWAYS forget to take the pills and I find that when I do forget it always effects my stomach(stomachache and diarrea). Does anyone else find this happening?

Last edited by JerseyGirrl; 08-20-2008 at 02:03 PM.
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #5  

Hi!

Well, I broke open the pills and put them into a 12oz glass of Odwalla Super Food Green Protein (it's basically a green drink with grasses, fruits, and protein, which tastes so good) and other than the drink being a little grainy, I really couldn't taste a difference in flavor! I still mostly just down the pills when I forget to take them, but the smoothie option worked out well, too.

Yeah I think I should get a pill timer or something, too. I'd rather take the pills on schedule than down them all at once. Did anyone else's recent shipment include a sticker on the green pills saying they added chlorophyl to the casing? That means taking the green casing, too (as opposed to opening the pill) is now important.

OOOOh I went to Whole Foods and found condensed apple cider vinegar in pill form. I love it. Take it before meals and it helps with appetite as well. Now I've got my Insulite/ACV regimen
Old 08-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #6  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

I didn't notice the cholorphyl thing but I haven't opened my new shipment yet. I'll check it out and let you know.

I've been trying to ACV thing too but I can't quite seem to remember that everyday either ! LOL
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #7  

I hear ya! Off to the drugstore to get a pill box!