PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #31  
WW Moderator

Hey Snoozle, don't beat yourself up over that scale. Once in the morning and that's it. Anything else after you eat, etc will not show a gain or loss in body fat. It's all food, waste, water. You might have a full stomach and then go out in the heat and retain water, etc. So yep you'll see all kinds of wacky numbers. And the same thing can happen on a daily basis, also. The scale lies. This was originally written way back in 2000 or so, but it is so great, that it still gets circulated like crazy.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...90&postcount=7

Congrats on handling the Met so well. You are lucky!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #32  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone!!

Nothing much is new with me really. We'll be out of WA in 27 days!! YAY!! I'm excited, nervous, scared and feeling a million other emotions as well, lol. Dh goes on leave on friday..and we'll be doing a billion things while he's home.

After we move..we will be moving forward with the baby making. I'm very excited. I feel more and more ready to have a baby. Like after a few days of being in MD, we're gonna set up my medical or whatever the process is (I totally forgot, lol). I am determinded to have a baby very soon. I know I'm probably setting myself up for a heartache..but well..it's my life, lol.

Anyhoo..I think I shall go now. I actually have stuff to do today, lol. Wow!! LOL!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #33  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Talking Hi Chicks!!!

Hey Chicks!

I had a drs appt today, I have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) and yup he lectured me about getting my A1C done. (Diabetes Testing) I've been putting it off and putting it off...............So no more. I'll do it and be good!

I have been doing well. I'll give you the "Cliff Notes" version. lol. I haven't been eating fast food or even craving it! I am going to purchase a book I saw that I want called, Eating Clean by Tosco Reno, also a scale for my weight and a better food scale (we have one but its not the greatest), also an organizer where I write down EVERYTHING and carry it with me EVERYWHERE because my life is a MESS! This way I can keep track of food, weight, exercise, meds, appts, etc, etc, etc.

I am giving up my Mt. Dew. Its like giving up a good friend for me. I have tried and tried and tried to "kick the habit" but always went back, but no more! I won't even drink Diet, because well, Diet is Yucky! lol.

So there Ya go!!!

Have a Good Day!

I'm off --- for a shower and sleep!!! lol.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:36 AM   #34  
WW Moderator

Oh Sassy, please let me know what you think of Tosca's program. I have the whole set (journals, etc) on my desk right now to review for 3FC. It looks really, really good so far.

I have graduated from the recumbent bike back to my elliptical. I have no sign of knee pain in sight, so I am back in the saddle! I really can't wait to get back in to full swing of cardio and weights. I miss weights very much. I rejoined the gym, also.

Well, I better get to bed so I have time to get on the elliptical before church in the morning.

( ellipitcal )
Old 07-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

Is that the 30 Day Shred, Michelle? I've been thinking about it but wondering if i'd get through it. I'm also limited to what i do at 5 am in the morning with everyone sleeping and noisy floors and creaky house. HOw noisy would it be without a carpet on the floor?
Laura
Old 07-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 225/214/140

Height: 5'7"

I have been doing the eating clean by Tosco Reno and have never felt better. I got off of it for about a week and a half while I was on vacation and felt horrible. I have more energy and feel more motivated to do things. I highly recommend it. I look at it as a new eating life, not a diet.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #37  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

I have the 30 Day Shred..I love it, but man, you sure do sweat a lot, lol.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #38  
~Believe~

Red face

Jen -- I will I have yet to order it. I went to a local Bookstore here and they didn't have it. So I'll order it from Amazon, it looks really good!!!

Thanks for sharing with us, Xray girl! I have been feeling better since I finally the fast food habit! I can imagine how good I will feel once I do the eating clean plan!

Oh and after I got home Thursday, showered, went to bed, I was woke up about 4:30 pm (remember I work nights) by my DH. He was fired!!! We are fine, he has put out many, many calls to people he knows, applied to places, put out resumes, etc. He took "off" the weekend from looking, and will start back tomorrow on the job searching.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 07-27-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:48 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

Red face Monday July 28

Today is my munchkin's birthday......he's 6 foot tall and 15. He's away as usual for his birthday but as long as he's having fun that's what counts the most. I miss him......he's away for another few days.

I've come across Tosca Reno before but hadn't heard anything one way or the other......i'll have to read her stuff now......sounds informative. I rarely eat processed food any more but you can always learn something new or a new approach.

I don't mind sweating with the 30 day shred! It's the noise level i have to be concerned about! lol Sweating is good when exercising !

Going for my poke in the arm this morning so not eating or drinking anything.....i'm missing my tea In about 2 weeks i'm to go back to my doctor and see what the results are.......then i'll just take them to my naturopath no matter what my doctor says!

Have a good day all......Laura x

Current weight: 180
Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 AM   #40  
~Believe~

Wink Morning from Sassy!!!

Morning All.

Last Day of July!!! This month has flown by! Pretty soon we'll all be carving pumpkins, making pumpkin pie, and decorating our trees! lol. If someone gets on here before me tomorrow morning, go on ahead and feel free to start an August PCOS WL Support Thread, that is if you all still want to do the thread.

Well I think my UTI is finally gone. I didn't think it would ever leave! I was beginning to wonder about the antibiotic that the dr put me on, guess I have no patience. Now just have to go and get my blood drawn so that it shuts my dr up. lol.

Our new supervisor already has approved my time off for the end of September!!! That would have never happened with the "Weasel"!!! (That is what I call my old supervisor, cuz well, he is one. lol) So now we can begin planning and yup we are still going somewhere, I don't care if we go somewhere and camp out, we are going!!! lol.

We are now maybe thinking about Gettysburg and possibly Washington, D.C. But I suppose Savannah, GA is still an option too.

I kinda fell off the wagon a bit but I'm ok, I know I will be just fine. DH had a job interview and a job offering. Only thing is its very low pay and further away than we'd like, esp with gas prices the way they are. So he's not gonna take it. He did file for unemployment so we'll see if that goes through. I'm still not worried. I believe in us. So we'll be just fine.

We are thinking about "downsizing" to a cheaper apt. though. Our rent isn't the problem here, its the stupid ulities that are killing us! Our town has its "own" ulitilities so they are a lot more expensive! Put it this way, we have a 800 sq. feet apt and we pay MORE than my in-laws do for their 1500 sq. feet HOUSE!

The only advantage we have here is we have no lease and we have been here a while and the owners do like us. So kind of a toss up. The in-laws have let it be known to us that we are always welcome there, if we need it. That is very sweet, but I'd rather not until we absolutely have too. Plus I believe in my husband and I know he'll find something very soon. If not he said he'd just go and work at Wal-Mart or something for the interim.

Speaking of Wally World, we went there for a few things, figured I'd look there to see if they had the "Eating Clean" book, nope.........Guess I'll just have to order it! I did go to her website yesterday morning and look, looks pretty cool. Plus there is now an Eating Clean Magazine!

Anywho, that is the latest news from "Sassy's Corner"

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 07-31-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #41  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Hello all

First time posting in this thread .

I am feeling exhausted this week. I understand this is related to the PCOS and probably to my IR too but I'm also wondering if it's a side effect of the Metformin? I am tired to the tips of my fingers and toes, feel like I could just put my head down and go to sleep.

I'm trying to change my diet to low carb and it's hard. No cereal or oatmeal for breakfast! Had a chicken salad and yoghurt for lunch and dinner will be the beef from the pot roast and broccoli.

I'm going to walk tonight to try get some exercise in but it's daunting when I feel so tired.

Nutritionist appt. is on Wednesday and on Sunday I plan to start the South Beach Diet.

Sassy I'm glad your UTI has gone.

August tomorrow, where has the year gone?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 225/214/140

Height: 5'7"

I love the eating clean magazine. I use it almost everyday. It has a 30 day menu plan and that helps me out so much. I just turn to it, and go "that's what I am suppose to eat today." I do do a few modifications because they tend to be a little high in calories. Anyway, I haven't been doing so well "eating clean" the past few days. I have had a terrible cold and all I want is comfort food. For me, it is the spicier the better.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:25 AM   #43  
~Believe~

Thread Closed.
Closed Thread