PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #16  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Ugh..I'm due to get my period sometime this week. Maybe after the 10th. I'm hoping it will last only like 3 days like it did last month. My boobs are soooooo sore right now, and I'm very sleepy. So it should show up soon.

Anyways..I'm gonna be real quick right now. I just started reading "The Host" and I wanna get back to it, lol. But I think it's time to donate my hair now. If it's 10 inches, then I'm gonna make an appt to get it cut and styled. My hair will probably be kinda short for awhile..but eh, its just hair. It'll grow back. I'm donating my hair to Locks of Love in memory of my mom & aunt.

http://www.locksoflove.org/

When Fonzo gets home, I'm gonna have him measure my hair..I'll let you know how long it is. Please let it be 10 inches or more!!! Okay..back to book!!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #17  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hi all.

I haven't had a period in a while. So I am just waiting for "The Flood" and you all know what I'm talking about I'm sure. lol. I dread that and hope it at least happens when I am off work. I hate flooding at work. lol.

Michelle -- WTG on the exercise. My periods are never ever "normal" so I wouldn't know what its like to be "normal" When I do get them, its like the dam has burst! lol.

Francie -- that is wonderful! I would love to do that, only I don't think I have 10 inches to give? If I did, I definitely would because I can't stand my hair! lol.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 07-07-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:21 PM   #18  
I was born this way hey!

Sassy~I hope you're not working when you get the flood too. That just sounds awful!! My hair is 12 inches..so I'm gonna get it cut after payday!! Yay!!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #19  
~Believe~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Sassy~I hope you're not working when you get the flood too. That just sounds awful!! My hair is 12 inches..so I'm gonna get it cut after payday!! Yay!!
Yeah lets hope......

I def. don't think my hair is long enough. Although you'd think it would be I haven't had it cut in forever. My hair just doesn't grow right. I had that problem when I was getting married. Hoping my hair would be long enough to do the style my hairdresser wanted to do. It did make it but man my hair takes forever to grow, at least length wise.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #20  
~Believe~

DH & I stopped at Costco Tuesday morning after I got off of work and we saw the cutest baby boy!! He reminded us of DH when he was a baby. DH had the blondest hair when he was a baby, it was almost white and he was just adorable. (I think anyways but I know I'm a bit biased) lol. But it has inspired me to do better at the WL and to finally make a drs appt and get the "ball rolling" again. Its been quite some time since we have been ttc, but my clock is ticking with me getting older and all..........So if we want biological children, we need to get moving! lol. Maybe I should get one of DH's baby pictures and put it on the fridge so its a reminder of what is important to us........
Old 07-09-2008, 01:22 AM   #21  
I was born this way hey!

It took my hair a year to grow this long. I cut it last July, a month before Fonzo was due to come home. I think I'm gonna donate my hair every year. It's just hair to me..but to the little kids that need wigs, it's everything. I remember going wig shopping with my mom. I think her wig was real hair. I totally wanted her to get a pink wig..but she had to work & go to my wedding in it..so it was a no, LOL!! Oh well.

I'm totally with you on the baby track. Once we move..I'm gonna get back on schedule. I'm just so stressed out and not eating right anymore. I wanna buy a bike. And I wanna start roller skating again. I have the skates, I just can't seem to get steady enough to skate again, lol. I'm all wobbly on them, lol. I used to skate every single day when I'm younger.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 07-09-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:42 PM   #22  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Cysters!!!

Hi All.

How are you all doing? Me? Okay under the circumstances. My Grandpa just died and we found out that my FIL is in Kidney Failure.

But I wanted to "check in" and be sure my "Cysters" were doing good. And I'm not sure if I am allowed to say this here, but I did start a new group for Infertility. I know we have this thread here and I love it here, but we all know that some infertility things are very very private matters. So I figured I'd create a group so that we could talk about the more private matters and keep this thread on here for the everyday things.

So if you are interested, just PM me and in case the above is deleted, PM me if you'd like to be added to my Myspace page. I have something special there for PCOS/Infertility there. Or if you don't have a Myspace page, just PM me and I can fill ya in.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Sassy_Chick, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa and FIL I know what that is like to have everything happen at once. All within the same week, a few years ago, my Great Grandmother, 2nd cousin, and Great Uncle died. 3 funerals in one week. It was crazy. You'll get through it!

So I weighed in today and lost 3lbs over the weekend! I've been buying the expensive organic produce, finally. I can spend the extra $20/week on groceries for my body, right? I've just been reading up on how chemicals, even in small quantities, disrupt the endocrine system, which is exactly what is wrong with us. It's 99% clean for me from now on (the other 1% will be for the occasional meal out, dessert, or bag of chips). I mean, I won't go the rest of my life without ANY junk, right? ;-)

*sigh*, back to work. I've been typing a lot this morning.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #24  
~Believe~

Thanks I know I'm no special case. There are worse things in life for sure. But I just cannot help but feel sad today. Tomorrow is the funeral.

Anyways. Thanks and hope all is well.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 190.6/144/140.6

Height: 5'4"

I a 29 yrs old and was diagnosed with PCOS 10 years ago, though I think I have always had it as I never had a "normal" period. At the time of my diagnosis I was told I should take BCpills, end of story. so that is what I have done for the past 10 years. I recently went to a new Dr. who was appalled and told me I should be on metformin and that I need to lose weight (15-20 lbs). I know that it is not a huge weight loss, but loosing any weight with this disease is hard! He was very vauge about how I might go about loosing. I have heard lots of people talk about low carb, but do not believe it is for me...not sure I can give up what foods I love best. Besides I have been experiencing periods of low blood sugar recently (I test with a glucometer 2X per day). Anyone have any good ideas for loosing weight?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #26  

Right now I am not low carbing. It left me without any energy. I am controlling my calories (1360 per day, more or less, alternating calories is good for metabolism) and eating clean, with about 70% of my food being produce. My numbers have been about 15% protein per day, so that's definitely not low carb, although I limit starchy carbs to 1-2 servings per day. And I'm losing weight, and have so much energy I'm off caffeine. That might work for you.

B~ Banana salad smoothie: 1 cup spinach, 1 banana, 1 cup almond milk, 1tbsp nut butter (i used sunflower seed butter). (400 cals)

L~ veggie burger, 2 slices rice-almond bread, 2tsp organic mayo

S~1 cup blueberries w/ string cheese (160 cals)

D~fish, turkey, or tofu with veggies, salad (no grains or starch) (400 cals)

Sometimes I eat 1500 cals, then sometimes I eat 1200. Alternating boosts metabolism so your body can't adjust to a set caloric intake.

Last edited by Michelle125; 07-17-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #27  
I was born this way hey!

I've been on AF for 7 days now. This isnt normal for me. I hate it and I feel so tired!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #28  

AF, do you mean Aunt Flow? Just wondering... lol.
I had a bad one last week. I mean, it built up for 3 whole months (really 6 months, since my last one was really nothing) and I thought I was friggin miscarrying or something!! It really scared me! But I guess the longer it stays away the worse and longer of a period it is. Hang in there Try the raspberry leaf tea. It's weird, but I think it actually makes my period get done quicker.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #29  
WW Moderator

Hey everybody, it's still July!! How is everybody doing?? I am feeling awesome. I am over my nasty knee business, and I am exercising daily to build the strength back up. I think within a couple of weeks I'll be at 100% again.

I've also cut sodium out of my diet by a landslide. I am having a horrid time with water retention, and I just don't feel good lately. I might has well hook a tap up to me, or move my computer to the toilet because I'm really dropping water. I stopped taking BP pills, and I'm borderline of needing them , so I'm grabbing the bull by the horns. Exercise, better choices, and lower sodium.

Otherwise, same ole same ole.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 215/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

I just wanted to say how awesome this website is and how NEEDED these support groups really are. I really only check this forum, but you gals are great. I've found a lot of great info here that tides me over until the next time I can get an actual appt. with my doctors.

I successfully got through my first week of the 1st dose of Metformin (500mg with dinner) and am a little hesitant to pump up the dosage to 1000mg a day. I barely had any stomach issues except for one day (because I ate a meal that must've been too greasy or carby or both), and I'm hoping it'll stay that way. In WL news, the scale was down 2 lbs yesterday morning since 2 days prior, but I can never tell if it's just water loss or if the numbers will creep up again by bedtime! Always lighter in the a.m....

I'm gearing up to train for my 3rd marathon (but I haven't had consistent exercise since I finished the last one in December last year!!) so I'm trying to run a few times a week before the training season starts. Realllly lacking motivation to get to the gym. In fact, I cancelled my gym membership because I'm hoping to find a new, better one...but in the interim I am being really lazy. Any practical tips for getting up and going? What works for you to get you to the gym/track/outdoors/mode of exercise?
Closed Thread