PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #31  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I did laser hair removal and because I had stubborn hair, I needed a year of treatments before it was acceptable. I could've gone longer but I decided to stop the treatments. After that, I still needed to pluck the hair but I no longer needed to shave. Honestly, it is the best thing I ever did.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 309/250/200 (for now)

Height: 5 foot 2

The nighrmare of my life! I keep hoping I will lose enough that it will stop. I am considering laser removal but it is costly and scares me a bit.

I have sensitive skin and any removal cream I have tried has caused pretty bad chemical burn.

For shaving I find that I will get the bumps If I don't use a shaving gel/foam.
SarahJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 265/0/200

Height: 5'5

i am not on any meds i dont have any health insurance which sux but theres nothing i can do about till i finish school... and no im not a diabetic
bigbla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #34  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Yay I'm not the only girl with this problem! I have a chicstache (as I lovingly call it) and all through highschool I was teased constantly about it...Never knowing there were options. I had a friend who shaved hers back then, but it was always noticeable by the next day and I was to chicken to shave mine..Then I found bleach. Oh so wonderful bleach. Specifically made for facial hair. I have never looked back. I was joking with a friend about my chicstache one day recently because she has one too and she brought up how annoying it was..She didn't even realize I had it too because the bleach makes it blend so naturally with my skin! So if you guys haven't tried the bleach as an option, I will totally vouche for it.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #35  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Oh PS...It's alot more convenient than waxing/shaving because I only have to do it once very couple of months
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Mary - you are so lucky, I wish I could just do that!

I am so glad someone referred me to this board. I am doing LA Weight Loss and asked a question about metformin and PCOS over there, and someone mentioned the forum here

It is comforting to know I am not the only one who has to deal with embarrassing hair issues. I have a lot of hair on my chin, basically a beard It is dark and thick - so bleaching wouldn't help me. After reading some posts on here I bought an epilator and it has helped. It hurt to much to do my entire chin at once, so I did some and will do some more after. The pain is much better than having to shave everyday!!

My doctor just put me on metformin in hopes it will help with the facial hair and for me to lose weight. My fingers are crossed

PCOS sucks, but in a way I am glad to finally know what is wrong with me and has been wrong with me for soooo long...
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:31 AM   #37  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

I bought it epilator too! OMG It hurts soooo badly and I think it irritated my skin even more. I did my cheeks but I cant do my jaw line. It hurts!!! But thats the area I need to hit next. How do you make the pain go away?
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:58 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

Nico,
I used to take a couple advil before waxing. It still hurt, but not quite as bad I think.
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:02 AM   #39  
HE'S my motivation!

Really??? Do you really think that will work? It feels like my skin is being ripped off not just the hair
Old 10-04-2007, 07:40 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

I did it without doing anything, and couldn't do it all at once.

May sound stupid, but I have bought some orajel liquid (for toothaches) and am going to try to put that on the skin before I do it. I just recall using orajel and how it would freeze or numb my lips and gums...and hoping it does the same for my chin

Will let you know if it helps or makes it worse :/
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #41  
HE'S my motivation!

Please let me know! Actually it doesnt sound stupid because the pain that you feel when you try to do the chin area ... OMG! I wish I could go to a dentist office and get some of that gum numbing stuff they inject in your gums lol
Old 10-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 309/250/200 (for now)

Height: 5 foot 2

I once tried nair on mine when it first started happening. I have sensitive facial skin and I guess I didn't think about it well enough. OMG..chemical burn..such pain.
SarahJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #43  

Wow...
I have a lot of facial hair, too that I wax often. Once in awhile I get the wild hairs under my chin and on my neck. Lately, the sides of my face have been growing out hair but I'm too afraid to shave it. I would recomend icing the area that you want to work on. Ice really helps. Just put some in a ziploc baggie and wrap a wet towel around it, apply it to your face for about five minutes or until numb (but not too long) and then shave away. This should help. I didn't think ice would really work but it did work when I had to use it for my chemo treaments on my port. It might help with the hair treament as well. Good luck!
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 265/0/200

Height: 5'5

just wondering if anyone has tried the epila laser hair removal for at home and if it works any would be alot of help my hair is sooo out of control and nothing helps waxing only last maybe a week if im lucky
bigbla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #45  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Unfortunately, I have also been afflicted w/this. I did the electrolysis a couple of times but would strongly recommend laser instead. I am needing a touch up now--it always seems I have regrowth on my neck.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote