PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #76  
Size 10 wannabe

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the Welcome!

Hi Rhonda! I think I know you...lol Way to go for working out!

Well,I have decided for the first time ever to admit how much I weigh and what size I am in currently. I am ready to lose and keep it off and I think this is the perfect place to find the support and push that I need.

My goal for the next week(to start with )
1)I will not cheat
2)I will go to the gym M-F
3)No SUGAR
tinamarie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #77  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Rhonda & Tinamarie

Rhonda : I'm sorry to hear you are having such trouble with metafomin .. I personally have never been on it at all so i cant really comment on how it works but have you tryed talking to you dr about it and see if there is any other factor in your weightgain like thyroid or something im not saying that this is the cause but it seems metafomin usually has the oppisite affect or at worse stabalises your weight ... I hope you can sort something out i know how distressing it is when you weight doesnt seem to wanna do anything one way or the other... I have had that for a few weeks i stabledised then put on 10lbs so i feel your frustration .. I really hope you can get something sorted one way or the other... Regarding the exercise regime i joined the gym back in March and at first i went a lot then i had a bad ankle and stopped going for a while now im back at it and i basiclly try and workout about 3 times a week and do aqua aerobics as many times a week as i can but as you know sometimes it doesnt always work out that way if you have things to do or plans... Good luck with everything and were all here if you need us...

Tinamarie:I'm sorry to hear you have had a rough time with your Eptopic and your PCOS i really wish you lots of luck with your weightloss .. It looks like your doing great so far so keep up the good work hunni .. its all takes time but it will be worth it in the end....

Lifeguard : Here's A Cause i can give you one and also to say well done again for your weightloss...

Me : Nothing much to report for me really been gym yesterday did Aqua and 10 lengths of the pool that was my goal for the day and i did it so i was happy with myself ... Today i have a blinding headache its really annoying me i have already took 2 headache tablets about 2pm and just took another 2 about 7pm as its not going at all.. I do suffer from migranes so i dunno if i have one coming on as normal tablets don't help if i get one and this is going that way but fingers crossed these tablets work cos even my eyes hurt and my sight has gone a little blurry when its bad like this ....

Im off catch you all later on...

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:30 PM   #78  
Size 10 wannabe

Thanks for the Welcome Teresa and I hope your headache goes away quickly I get migraines too and know how awful you feel from them
Old 04-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #79  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I don't know if I've properly introduced myself on this thread yet,but, hi! I was diagnosed with pcos in 2003. I did get pregnant by taking clomid and staying away from sugar. My husband and I are about to start ttc #2 soon,and I'm excited, but really scared. It took me 2 1/2 years to get pregnant the first time and I'm 26 lbs heavier now than I was then.

Rhonda don't give up. Have you tried the insulin resistence diet? I know you've probably tried a bunch, I was just wondering. I've read that met can take some people months or even years to straighten them out. Don't put so much pressure on your self. Just stay away from sugar, and get moving. Does your re have anything else to try? I've read about some success with acupuncture and chinese herbs. I've also read about success with women taking soy on days 1-4 and then the clomid on 5-9.

Hang in there...
Holdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #80  
Never give up!

Height: 5'10"

Smile

Hi Ladies!

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Hi Tina! Yes I know you. Thanks for telling me about this site. If we are being honest with everything well... here goes. My current size is 22 and my goal size is whatever I can get into at 150. I think that will be a 10.

Hi Liz, I've tried to stay away from soy because I've heard so many bad things about it as it relates to PCOS. My RE will try Femara also but honestly at this point I feel I need to lose some weight to be healthier before trying ovulation induction again. Thanks for the support, I need it. Good luck with TTC #2.

Teresa, Thanks for the warm welcome. It's great to be here, it seems very friendly and full of support. Your workout sounds great. I totally understand things coming up though, sometimes you just can't make it to the gym. I have a treadmill and a swimming pool so I don't really have an excuse for not doing something at least. I hope your headache goes away soon. I've never had a migrane but I understand they are painful.

Rhonda
RhondaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #81  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Default Hi all!

Hey all,

Hello , I hope you all are well!

I'm feeling a bit better, so far at least -- no pain in my side! (knocking on wood here) lol.

to all who have just joined us!

Rhonda, I can sure feel your pain. I too am on fortamet, we've been TTC for several years as well, Clomid did absolutely nothing for me, I haven't yet gotten to the injections. We were about too when my DH's company at the time got downsized and he lost his job. So we took a break, now we have insurance again, but I just dread going through all of that again........ I know its for a worthy cause if it actually works, but still, as we all know, its such a thing to go through with the fertility testing and treatments. Big my fellow Cyster.

tinamarie75: Big so sorry about the eptopic preg. and wish you lots of luck with your weightloss journey!

Lifeguard: WTG on the WL!

Holdensmom: on conceiving #1 and lots of luck with TTC # 2!!

Teresa: Congrats on the Aqua!!! WTG! I hope your headache goes away, I've been having headaches lately too. I think its time for an eye exam for me!

I hope you all have a Great Weekend!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #82  
Pregnant with #2

S/C/G: 315/262/175

May i join this great group of Women.

A little background. I was diagnosed with PCOS in Dec of 2002. Got PG in 2003, DS was born 10wks early due to IC. We have been ttc number 2 for almost 2yrs. Starting clomid on saturday 4/28. Current meds are levothroxin and met. Was taking byetta but cant with clomid. Hope to get to know everyone.

Hi Tina & Rhonda
camarofanatic90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #83  
Never give up!

Thanks for the welcome Sassy_Chick! Thanks for the . It sure is tough going through all the testing, multiple appointments, timing everything, blood draws, u/s. It's enough to make you I guess that's why we seek so much support. I'm here for you.

Hi Jessica! That was fast! Great to see you here!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #84  
Size 10 wannabe

well,I made it to the gym and did 45 minutes on the treadmill at 2.9-3.0mph at a 5% uphill grade I feel great about actually doing it! Well,I am in the need of a shower now so,I will check back in shortly

Hi Jessica!! Glad you followed us over!
Old 04-28-2007, 03:46 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 220/210/145

Height: 5'4

Hey all you new people. Wow I get back on and ya'll are all here. I am new to this thread too.
Having a good weekend. I am about to start and feeling very hungary. Since on Met. I feel like I am having less PMS. Any little bit helps. I am having some food cravings. Trying to just give myself alittle more to eat because I am feeling like something bad and I do mean bad.
Rhonda- I so agree with what you said about being 38 and wanting to be healthy again. I am 39 and I swore to fix this before I turned 40 this Oct. That goal is getting so close. I feel my weight the older I get.
Tinamarie- I love your goals for the week. They are so reachable. I really need help with the exercise. We are in our raining season and I am so embarrassed at the gym. I can only go to a military gym and there are allot of fit people.
Sassy- glad you are feeling so much better.
Holdensmom- Good luck! I have two teenage boys now and I remember those days. I am hoping in the next ten yrs to have a grandbaby. I had better get fit so I can stick around.
Lifegaurd- Keep up the good work.
So,
If everybody doesn't mind me asking. I sure would like to know more about everybody.
As you know I am 39, married 21 yrs to my highschool friend. I have two boys, live in Okinawa,Japan. I am originally from Georgia and miss it so much.
I have been up and down with my weight since I turned 18. I have lost more weight than the weight of my entire family ,only to gain it back each time.
Vicki
Vicki in Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:47 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 220/210/145

Height: 5'4

I forgot Jessica.
Vicki in Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:50 AM   #87  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey and to Camaofanatic & Holdensmom

Camaofanatic : Good luck with ttc#2 i hope it happens for you quickly...

Holdensmom : Same thing to you i hope it doesnt take you to long to concieve no2 as u say you have a bit of extra weight this time but lets hope that it doesnt make much difference for you or you are able to shift it quickly ..Good luck and let us know your progress...

Sassy : I am so glad to hear that your not in any pain at the moment that is always a plus point... Its funny you should say about an eye exam i got a letter the other day to say i am due a new one cos i havent had a test in 2 years so maybe i should take a leaf out of your book and go get one too its just so expensive if you need updated glasses its £20/$40 just for an eyetest here without anything else oh well... hope your health is improving now hunni and your on the mend...

Vicki : Hang in there hunni with the cravings im sure they will pass soon i have been having iddues with cravings too latly but i am trying best not to give in and it seems to be working... Wow you live in Japan that is awesome do you like it ?... In relation to your question about where we live etc ..I am 24 and my dh is 28 we have been married nearly 4 years on may 17th and we have been ttc since october 04 so just over 2 years now ... we had a m/c in July 05 and since then nothing so we just keep trying haha... Oh and we live in Wimbledon, South-West London , United Kingdom...

Rhonda : Hello again i hope your having a good weekend....

TinaMarie: WTG on the treadmill girly thats great you will be losing those lbs and inchs in no time girly ... Keep up the good work...

Me : Well this morning i have woke up with an ear ache but my headache sees to have passed so many the headache was a warning for the earache who knows either way im feeling a bit blah and dont feel like doing anything.. Maybe i should go back to bed...or just get off here lol were see how i feel in a while...

Take care all and have a brlliant weekend....

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #88  
Size 10 wannabe

Here ya go Vicki

My name is Tina,I now live on the Red River of texas but,am from Northern california/Oklahoma. I have been with my hubby for the last 12.5 years and married for 10 of them. We have two children,Kyle(8)Kalie(7) I just learned about having pcos on Valentines day 2005 after going in for a follow up appointment with the surgeon who did my lap for an ectopic(which after lap surgery and a D&C they never located so,I had to have methotrexate)Anyway,he showed me the pics of my ovaries and said that he could not believe the size of them(They were the same size as my uterus ) I then started looking things up on my own about it and decided to try met to see if it would help with my weight(I am lucky and have af every month)needless to say,it did nothing so,I quoit taking it and moved on to the gym and diet. I lost 40 pounds 5 months ago but then my hubby broke his foot and we went on vacation for 3 weeks to California so,no gym=weight gain I gained back 20 pounds and I am very angry with myself for letting it happen Well,I am now 100% ready to lose it for good now so,I will be on here numerous times during the day looking for a friend to lean on for support and someone to smack me if I start to stray..lol

Breakfast=Smoothy(1/3 cup milk and 3 frozen berries)100 calories

Lunch=6 slices of smoked sausage with low sugar/cal sauce and 1/3 cup of green beans 210 calories
Old 04-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #89  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Happy Sunny Sunday!

Holy Moly I took my Blood Sugar as soon as I got up and it was 252!!!! Its NEVER been that high!!!!!!! What is up with that?! (Yes I am a Diabetic and yes I am on medication: Fortamet 500 mg Twice a Day.)

Also DH & I talked this morning after getting off of work (we work 3rd shift for anybody new here) about starting to TTC again. We have heard about this wonderful Fertility Center that is nearby that we want to go and check out. They have everything in-house, labs, surgical team, etc, etc. So we will see.

After reading my blood sugar it really "woke" me up and now I see the bad affects that having even just a couple "bad" things does.........So I really need to do better, not just for the weightloss, but for my general health, esp. if we are going to TTC again and I want to be in the best health possible so when and if I get pregnant, the baby and all will be a lot healthier.

I can do this, I can be good, I just have to set my mind to it and remember that number from earlier today and the reason why, not just for me, but for my future.

I hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-29-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more..........
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #90  
Never give up!

Hello ladies!

How is everyone doing? Great I hope.

Sassy, your sugar was high. Do you normally follow a diabetic diet? Or just try to control it with medicine?

Tina, you're doing great! I'm going to do as you suggested and try to count calories. I really need to be 100% accountable every time I eat something.

I have a question for everyone. How do you handle meal times with family? Do you cook something special just for yourself? Do you cook low-fat, low-cal meals for the whole family? Or do you eat regular meals with your family, just small portions?

Vicki, my hubby and I will be celebrating 20 years of marriage this summer. We don't have any children... yet. We've never prevented, always wanted but have not been able to. We live in Merritt Island, FL. Home of NASA and 4 miles away from world famous Cocoa Beach (home of "I Dream of Jeanne" ) I was always on the thin side growing up. Most people in my family are, what I now call thin but when I was thin I just called it normal. Anyway, I started gaining weight when I got married. Probably no big deal for some but for me I just didn't stop. So for 20 years I've tried all kinds of diets. The real restricting diets actually do help me lose weight but as soon as I eat "normal" food Wham! The weight comes back and then some. Always, always, always. Whatever I lose I gain back and then some. Every stinking time. That's why now I'm tired of diets. I want a real change. I know it's going to take time but I want to change now. I want to see the real me again. The one hiding under all of this... fluff! And I know one thing for sure, I need help to do it. I'm tried of trying it on my own, it's not working.

Have a great day ladies.

Rhonda