Diagnosed with PCOS

• I had an appointment with my gynecologist today, as I haven't had my periods since last 2+ month. She told me that I have PCOS.
    I was having Birth control pills since last 3 years and now we plan to have baby. My mensuration cycle was little longer 30-35 days prior to using birth control pills but never had problem of not having periods for so long. I am really depressed and disheartened now. I cried in my car after leaving doctor's office
    I have been trying to loose weight since last few months, I am not overweight but was not comfortable with increase in weight and was trying to reach the weight I am/was always comfortable with.
    Doctor has given me some medicine to induce periods and have asked me to do some lab test. But right now my main concern is my ability to get pregnant. I am trying to do some research on PCOS, but I do know that lot of girls here have this problem too.
    I want to know if it is really hard for me to get pregnant, or is there some hope for me? Also, if there is certain diet plan that I should adopt that may help me in controlling this problem.
    Sorry for long rant but I am very sad today, we are really looking forward to have a baby and this seems like a huge blow to our plans.
  • I wouldn't lose hope... I know a few people who have PCOS and have gotten pregnant, though I haven't been on birth control or anything in 3 years and still nothing for me. They say the more you weigh the harder it is when you have PCOS and if your info is correct you should be okay!
  • I have pcos too! And you can get pregnant!!!! For us it had nothing to do with how much I weighed as it did with how I was fueling my body. About a month after eating only whole foods, lean meats, low fat dairy and TONS of fruits and veggies and water. and when we stopped freaking out about it. IT HAPPENED. my son is now 14 weeks old. Dont lose heart! And for us the most important thing was to change our mindset about it. It seemed like when we were both really ok with the possibility that it wasnt in the cards for us we got pregnant 2 seconds later. I guess my body just finally relaxed. And I quit reading stories about it. It just upset me more. There arent as many success stories as there are unsuccessful stories.

So my advice; Relax, eat whole foods as much as you can, drink water, and have some fun trying to make that baby!!
  • I have PCOS, and have my 6 month old miracle baby! Technicly doctors usually say it takes a year for you to try on your own before helping with fertility like pregnitude, or femara. I was very blessed, and got pregnant without trying! My husband didn't want more kids (he has an 8 year old son), and I got pregnant on BC. But there are SO many different medicines, and natural ways to conceive if you have PCOS. Blowing baby dust your way!