Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yup! New beginnings for me too and happy belated Ostara to you too!

Good luck at your appointment today - hope all goes well!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #17  

Jenn - how did your appointment go? Well I hope

Well this weekend is my spring cleaning/home blessing weekend. Saturday is supposed to be a bit warmer so I will open some windows and let the house air out. I'm also going to try out some of my homemade cleaning products as I have now used up most of the storebought cleaners I had and want to replace them with natural products.

Hope everyone is doing well this week.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #18  
The change I want to see.

S/C/G: 250/239/150

So...my appt. lol Oy...

My cholesterol is high...my iron is low...I went back yesterday to get more blood drawn so that he can check more of my iron levels..

So...I've put myself on a low LDL/High HDL diet...he doesn't want to put me on statin drugs because I'm still "of childbearing years" yippee. lol

Hmm...what else...ohh...I'm going to start going to therapy again for my depression. So...I guess that's a good thing, right?

In other news...Full Moon is this week. So I'll get out of the house and have ritual with the group. Yay!

How are you doing mauvaisroux?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #19  

I'm doing well I lost 2 lbs recently so that is encouraging. I picked up one of those deodorant crystals today as I'm trying to convert all my personal hygeine and makeup items to natural products. Hope it works I'm looking forward to the long weekend

Sorry to hear about your cholesterol/iron problems but a least they are things that can be helped through diet and you are not being put on meds for them. Hope your therapy sessions help
Old 04-11-2006, 03:22 PM   #20  

I use natural products too...I can certainly tell you that they work. At least in my house they do.

I've been in a "Green" house for quite awhile...and it's certainly cheaper and less toxic.

Anyway...best of luck!
Old 04-22-2006, 10:10 PM   #21  
Dante'smama

S/C/G: 245/239/140

Default Hi I'm New and a Wiccan

So nice to see everyone!

Old 04-23-2006, 05:42 PM   #22  

Welcome Dante's Mama.

And Merry Meet.
This is a great board. Enjoy!

Peace and blessings,
Jenn
Old 04-24-2006, 09:50 AM   #23  

Welcome Dante' mama!

Had a quiet weekend, mostly stayed in and watched movies as it was cold and rainy out and it looks to be that way for the next few days.

I've started planning out what I want to do with the garden this summer - I'm going for a Celtic theme in the front yard and a Zen theme in the back.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:47 AM   #24  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Welcome Dante' mama

We were blessed with perfect weather over the weekend. The first really nice weekend of the year, it was blissful. I got some work done in the yard and discovered a junko nest while I was mowing! Luckily, I didn't quite manage to weed wack the mama bird and she returned to her eggs after I left off working on that side of the yard. Phew!!

I'm almost finished with the body of my sister's sweater. I love the the yarn I'm using, it has such a great drape (it's an alpaca/tencel blend) I should be done with it in a couple weeks at this rate. That should give her some time to wear it before it get's too warm and/or she gets too huge. Hehehehe, at this point I should say that she's currently 4 months pregnant, for those coming in late, so I don't sound like a complete ogre!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:04 AM   #25  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

We've been incredibly lazy about the garden for the last 2 years so we are really paying for it now! I spent all last week digging up beds and pulling out mass weeds, grass roots and overgrown plants. I had never really done the grunt work in the garden before, just sailed in after the beds were ready and planted. You know, the fun part. But I'll tell you what, it was really liberating to be out there sweating and working and putting my all into it. I'm extremely proud of myself for the hard work I've done out there. It was very empowering to know I didn't have to wait around for my husband to do it for me.

I was just outside planting up around my Aphrodite statue. She sort of resides in a half-moon bed. I planted lots of red carnations behind Her and to the sides. At Her feet are 2 gorgeous pink azalea bushes and all around the border are these pretty little pink white and red bellis flowers. Now I just need to find some low-growing pretty flowers to fill in the bigger part of the crescent in front of Aph.

I have 1 pumpkin seedling as of this morning. I planted 9 so the others should be making an appearance soon. The pennyroyal seedlings are popping up as well as some sunflowers I planted a few weeks ago. All of my established container herbs are looking great except for the rosemary and sage. I think I need to get some new plants. These are pretty old and looking a bit leggy. I am finding lemon balm everywhere! It's one of my very favorite herbs but man, is it a pain to keep under control! I have it in a big pot and it's propogating across the length of the entire garden! Smells gorgeous though.

*yawn* I've got to go out and get the sugar snap peas and the runner beans in the ground. I'll be tomatoes peppers and chilies this weekend. I am so completely about gardening these days! My son laughed at me for reading garden manuals in my spare time, hehe.

But then, that's the life of a Kitchen Witch, eh?
Old 04-25-2006, 11:26 AM   #26  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I hear you on the lemon balm, mine crossed with my spearmint and I now have lemony scented mint plants *everywhere*
Old 04-25-2006, 11:22 PM   #27  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Hi there! Hope you all don't mind that I join you!

I don't know that I would call myself a Pagan, but I've always been drawn to the Pagan spirituality. I'm a forever wanderer I suppose... a little bit of this, a little bit of that!

But I am on a weight loss journey and loving this website!
Old 04-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #28  

Welcome!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #29  
ThickChick

S/C/G: 205/189.6/140

Thumbs up

Hello there everyone. I have been following along this board for a month or so... I had seen the Beltane Challenge but was too nervous to put myself out there and fail miserably right off the bat. I am using fitday.com to track everything that I eat and have been at least more consciensious (sp) about getting a bit more activity in my daily life. So, I started dieting April 1st and as of today I have lost a total of 16 lbs! I am so proud of myself. I hope I can keep it up over the long-haul. We have a great festival (Heartland Pagan Festival) coming up in a few weeks and I am excited as I can be to be going this year. We also have "Laid-Back Labor day" which is just a multi-day excuse to party beyond memory! Giggle. That is my goal time, to have lost 50 lbs by then. Any pagan-hippie chickies (or guys) in the Kansas City area?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3321588.jpg (3.6 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by tori99999; 05-03-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:52 PM   #30  
loser ina good way

I signed up for a Wiccan teaching site called Sacred Mist since with my working 2nd shift I can not get training to get any further. Is anyone else familiar with them? I have to admit I miss the being around live people. amazing what the internet can accomplish is it not?

Jade Catz
Closed Thread