Old 04-16-2006, 08:38 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

Mummy Tummy, congratulations!!!! You are an inspiration. So are you following wave 1 or wave 2 of the Sonoma Diet?

I have to say that I haven't lost but 3 lbs. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week for about 3 weeks. I have been really working my cardio hard, too. I was told by someone that she worked out for two months straight, and gained 4 lbs.!!!!

I think that my body just doesn't want to let go of the protective layer of fat.

BB~Cate
Woodstock Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #47  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Awww thanks, Cate. I am currently on Day 3 of Wave 1. I've got a bit of a sugar withdrawal headache today but mostly, it's been easier than I thought it would be to follow. I've lost about 1 1/2 pounds just in the first 2 days of Wave 1!!! I can't wait to step on the scale tomorrow morning to see what's going on. I had despaired of reaching the 20 pound goal for Beltane and was willing to settle for losing 10, which is what it looked like I was gonna end up with. But starting Sonoma has given me hope that I can get alot closer to 20 now. I know the weight loss is more dramatic during the first 10 days (Wave 1) and it seems to be just the kickstart I needed to get off the plateau I was riding. Have you tried Sonoma? Maybe it can work for you, too.

Granted, I've been a bit lazy in the exercise department although I am still making sure to get a daily walk in.

What's everyone planning for Beltane? Hubby and I are running the local open ritual so we need to start seriously writing our ritual. We've tossed around ideas and have a general idea but I'd like to get it written so I can start memorizing. When we do our rituals together, we tend to wing it in Circle and say whatever comes to us. But considering we'll have about 30 or so others looking to us, I want to be a bit more prepared!

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to share! It's a family-friendly gathering. I bought these really cool masks for the kids (adults too, if they want!) that they can decorate with pens and glitter and stuff. I am thinking we may incorporate them into the ritual somehow but haven't exactly figured out how yet.

Man, I love Beltane!
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:51 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Just checking in. I haven't been very good about stopping by and updating. I've lost 14.5 pounds since we started the challenge. I wanted to los a total of 31 pounds, but that's obviously not gonna happen. I had about 3-4 weeks where I just lost all desire and basically maintained or bounced around the same 2 pounds. I'm back on the wagon now, but I wasted so much time not being on plan, that I won't be to my goal by my birthday, April 30. I'd like to get to 145 by then, which is 6.5 pounds away. We'll see what happens. That's only 9 more days, but I have a very stress-filled week at work coming up and it might work out that way.

Blessings!
Morgaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:51 AM   #49  

Just checking back in. At the start of the challenge, I had around 7lb to lose. Now it's around 3lb, so although not there yet, I'm happy! I've been dieting and exercising like a mad thing since July though, so things have really slowed down. I won't be too disappointed if I don't make it, as I seem to be losing at a rate of only 1lb a month, now, no matter how hard I work, so it's not likely I'll be finished by Beltane! Keep going, everyone!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote