Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 08:50 AM   #91  
Radiologist in training

S/C/G: 338/296/165

Height: 5'6"

Smile Greetings

I am a 36yo engaged female in the St. Louis area. I am a licensed chiropractor and a shaman. I am also a radiology resident. I have two cats. My fiancé lives in NY state and we only got to see each other one time in the past year.

Be well,
Doc
Old 10-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #92  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Nikaia and docdragon!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #93  

Default Just started

Well with the new year starting I have decided to regain my life and stop hidding behind the weight. I am a 33 year old pagan stay at home mother of 2 boys 12 and almost 16...(ughh how fast they grow up) I am hoping meeting others trying to lose weight will help me on this journey, a journey that I have needed to take along time ago.
Jewell
Old 11-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #94  

Welcome Jewell!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 245/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi and Merry Meet!

Newbie here. This is so cool that you have a pagan weight loss support group! I have been on WW for about 12 weeks now, but with Yule and the New Year, I think I gained back the 9 or so pounds I lost!

Help!

Bright Blessings!
D'Aurora
Old 01-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #96  

Welcome D'Aurora - nice username by the way!
Old 01-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 290/250/160

Height: 5'11"

Talking Hallo!!

Hiya!!

My name is Gretchen, but I go by Cairistiona/Cairis for the most part..
I'm 27, and live in Springfield MO. Married to a great guy, have 6 cats.. (yes.. I said 6!! ) Mischief, Loki, Morrie, Neko, Kitsune, and Pookie, and pretty much love life!

I was raised Methodist.. but never really felt right. Finally decided to do some looking around for something that fit ME!! Met a wonderful group of Wiccan/Pagan folks about 5 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back. Now I am pretty much an eclectic pagan, mostly working with Celtic/Native American/Eastern Philosophies.

Oh Oh Oh!! Did I mention I sing in a punk-rockish band? I DO!!!! course we just started, so we don't even have a website yet...lol

ok.. health stuff...

I've had weight issues all my life. By 5th grade (10 yo), I was 5'10" and 190 lbs. I've only gained another inch or so in height in 17 years, but in that time, I've also gained another 100lbs.
I've had 2 open-heart surgeries to repair a birth defect, but apparently neither has been successful apparently, as I am still having problems with it.. I have never really LOOKED like I had a major weight problem, mostly because of my height, and the way I carry my weight.. and the fact that I have had almost 20 years of practice in hiding it...

What I think caused it is that my father's family is all severely overweight. They all did hard labor as teen-agers and young adults (mostly grew up 1930's) and had big meals with big portions, mostly fried and lots of bread.. My dad carried this on to us kids.. I never knew what a real portion of food was until I was in high school.. it was something like 1/4 of what dad put on our plates every meal. I learned to cook by watching him, and so it kept going on (even with smaller portions) until a couple of years ago.

I've tried everything to drop the weight it seems.. even prescription medications that after the fact, I found out I should never have been on... (stupid doctor didn't think to ask me about heart problems, and as far as i knew at the time, mine were long done with- this was pre 1st surgery)

Nothing has really worked for the long term.. doing South Beach now, have been since Nov 1 2006, lost 22 lbs so far, even with having the holiday season in there!!

I was just soo glad to see a group like this here.. all of the support groups i have found here in good ol' Springfield have been Christian-Based, and not something I felt comfortable going into

Anyhow.. sorry for writing a novel..lol Glad to meet everyone!!

Peace and Blessings
Cairistiona

Old 01-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #98  

Welcome Cairistiona!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 290/250/160

Height: 5'11"

Thank You!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:44 AM   #100  

Default Wow a pagan weight loss board about time!!

Merry Meet

Can't believe I stumbled across y'all.

Diane here mom of 4 (3 living) plus 2 dogs, a cat and a dh all at home
42, peri-menocronaul is that a word??

As the user name says pagan rn. Labor and delivery. Get to see the Goddess first hand, and they pay me for it!

Pagan for 20 years, solitary eclectic, live in the Catholic Capital of the world, more than Vatican City. Out of the broom closet, but not psycho about it.

Lost 60 lbs with Atkins 4 years ago, then 2 1/2 years ago my son died...mashed potatoes, ice cream and lexapro packed the weight back on.

So I reinducted beginning 1-2-7 15 lbs so far following old school Atkins

looking forward to getting to know you all

bb
Old 01-16-2007, 10:34 PM   #101  

Welcome our little group paganrn!

Looking forward to getting to know you too!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello, I am new to 3FC as of last week and I am glad I found you so quickly.

I have hesitated about posting here as I wasn't sure what to say but I have read all the other posts and see an open,friendly group so I will take the plunge...

I am a solitary practitioner of Wicca although most people do not know that, even my husband of almost 18 years was unaware of my religion until the last couple of years. Now, as I push almost 40 years old, I have come out of the broom closet and have my books, cards, etc. around the house.

I see that several of you here would like a "diet buddy" - I am volunteering, lol
I, too, have gained a tremendous amount of weight since (finally) being declared menopausal. I fought for almost 7 years to get the medical community to put a name to my affliction and by the time they did I didn't care if the term was "menopausal" or "crazy." Lol...The first thing they did was put me on hormones and my weight shot up from 140 to almost 200 in the first year - now I have managed to add even more weight to my 5'6" frame and my new Doctor tells me I need to eat whole/organic foods as much as possible, exercise (she recommends 10k steps a day) and has me on a naturopathic regime.

I love to read and will read almost anything including the backs of cereal boxes, lol. I have 2 fuzzy babies that were adopted from abusive homes. No human kids. I also love to scrapbook. Anything involving nature and travel are of great interest as well. Currently we are working on purchasing a piece of property to build a log home on. I also love to cook, grocery shop and plan menus (I know, a "freak", lol).

I guess I have taken enough time out of your day, Thank you for being here.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:34 PM   #103  

Wow - like the others, I'm so happy to have found this group! I've dug around on this forum several times, but none of the threads ever felt right. This one speaks to me I think .

My name is Rhonda, I'm 32 and live in Canada. I'm not a full fledged pagan, but I'm not a christian either. I'm still working out what I believe, and I find it an ongoing process. I do believe in nature and in the power that surrounds us and comes from us. And I believe there is an 'other force', but I haven't pinned down what I truly think that is yet.

I've had weight problems all my life. Or at least I thought I did - I look back at the pictures now and would kill to have the body I had in highschool, even if a 14 is a little chubby. I've lived on my own (no parents/roommates/partners/etc.) for over 10 years now, and I think that's been my major downturn with food...with no one watching, I just graze constantly.

About 3 years ago I lost 40 pounds simply "eating right and exercising", but I've gotten way out of the habit and put another 15 back on. However, I've just joined the weight watchers at work program in my office, so I'm hoping that will help get me back on track, or at least get me motivated to change the way I think and the way I spend my free time (which is becoming more and more inactive all the time).

Last year was my year of change - new bf who I love very much and who loves me large, and assures me he'll love me smaller since he'd like to have me around for a good long time. Last year was also the year to drop the job I hated and get into something I like a lot better, which comes with a much more supportive and friendly environment.

This year is my year of moving foward. Losing weight, learning French and getting out of debt (something left over from my student days).

So (just to round out this incredibly long post)...my 2 current weight loss goals are - getting to 200 pounds, and then getting to 170. At 200 pounds, I'll allow myself to buy a car (something I've been meaning to do for a while, so why not tie it to my weight loss). At 170, I'm going to take up horseback riding - something I've wanted to do since I was 5, but have never have the guts to go for more than just a trail ride or two. And I'll set new goals from there.

So glad to meet you all - I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 02-02-2007, 10:34 PM   #104  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

I'm not new to 3FC, but I am new to paganism. About a month or two. Give or take. I was going to go for Celtic, but I met this guy in a pagan store that said he could sense a huge tie to Egypt in me. So I'm going to study Egyptian as well as spellcrafting. Still working on that.

Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. April, single, no kids, going to be 26 a week from tomorrow. Now that I got that, if anyone knows any simple and easy spells that might help me, I'm all ears. My PM box is open. I'm still new to spellcrafting, so I want to start easy. Like jsut tonight I empowered a spellbox. I am hoping it will help me get a job. I need one so bad... Anyway, anything that you know I'm willing to listen too. Hopefully something that will help my sugar cravings. They are horrible.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #105  

Welcome allison dawn, sillymonkey and and BlessedBe!

Gald you decided to join our little group!
Closed Thread