Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #76  
walk into the sky

S/C/G: 292/290/140

Hi everyone.

I'm a 24 year old Pantheist. Currently living in Oregon, but moving to the UK on Samhain. I'm engaged to a great (English) guy, and my life is kid of in limbo right now as I wait for October to get here and pack up all of my stuff.

I've been heavy most of my life, and have decided I've finally had enough excuses and I'm going to actually do something about it. I'm so glad to have found this forum!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #77  

Hi everyone, I am Jennifer and I have been lurking for a while, but used to post alot on the 300+ board. I am 26 and in Memphis, Tn. I am married but living separately at the moment but still much in love with my token Southern Baptist husband. No kids, but lots of nieces and nephews and god-daughters to spoil rotten. I am hard to classify. I guess I am an urban Southern Celtic Reconstructionist...if that makes any sense at all. I hope that posting again will help to keep me motivated and I hope to get to know everyone.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:23 AM   #78  
Want out of fat

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5'3"

HI to everyone.
I am so glad to have found you all. But I just like minds and hearts always do find one another. I am a soon to be 35 year old SAHM. With a wonderful live in boyfriend. 2 of my 3 children live with us. Openly Pagan even though I do not pratice from a ritual stand point. I also was raised Cathlioc, I questioned it at the young age of 10 and almost got myself kicked out of the Cathlioc school I attened at the time LOL
May the Lord and Lady Bless us all as we fight the fat!
I need help getting up off my big A** to exercise! I would rather to something , like pull carpet!
Blessed Be!

Last edited by AGill; 07-15-2006 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 198/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!!!! I am new too, and have been welcomed by everyone. This is a great group of people.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #80  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Lyrae, Jennifer and AGill!
Old 08-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #81  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

There's a Pagan Forum here!? lol I've been here all thses months and never knew.

Okay well lets see. I'm 21, not married nor do I have any kids. I'm a eclectic wiccan, for the moment...I still havent found my nitch but i'm happy where I am. ^_^
Old 08-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #82  

Welcome Sakai!
Old 08-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

I am so glad that I found this forum!
I am 28 years old, married, and I have a daughter (7-from a previous marriage), and 2 stepsons (12 and 10). We have 4 ferrets and I work at a daycare......so we are always busy!
I was raised Catholic (shoved on me) and hated it. I started questioning the CCD teachers about everything in 6th grade/7th grade and I could never get any answers. They either avoided my questions or thought I was confused and would go on a rant that didn't make any sense to me. By the time I hit high school I knew that I didn't belong in church, but I didn't know what I believed so I told everyone I was atheist and then I was agnostic. I didn't live at home anymore, so I didn't have to go to church anymore! By the time I graduated I was starting to get into wicca, but I still wasn't sure if that was my path. And now 10 years later, I am still searching, exploring and keeping an open-mind.
I love all kinds of music, I read all types of books, and I LOVE arts and crafts---wish I had more time or could manage my time better to do everything I want to do. Same problem I have with losing weight---but I need to make the time because my health is in jeapordy-- between ganglion cysts, tendonitis in both hands, acid reflux, sleep apnea and now endometrial hyperplasia. I need to get healthy and stay healthy before it gets worse!
WOW, that was a lot! Guess I needed to get that out!
THANK YOU ALL
Old 08-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #84  

Welcome Jackie!

Sorry to hear about your health problems You are taking the right steps by acknowledging that you need to take care of yourself.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #85  

Hello, all! I'm new here. Obviously. I'm Sabrina. I'm married (somewhat newly), no kids, one cat.

I've been a Pagan for... um... gosh ten whole years now? Where does the time go. I don't have any specific tradition or path right now. Sort of been in "search mode" for the last few years. I was involved in ADF for a couple of years before that.

As for the weight loss... I've tried WW in the past and a few other things. Now I'm trying something different called Thintuition which is intuitive eating if you've ever heard of that. I'm hoping it works! I've always considered myself heavy even though when I look at pictures of myself as a kid I don't think I was as heavy as I thought I was back then. I've gotten to the point where I'm too heavy. I can't be on my feet long without my back hurting. And recently a friend of mine died of a heart attack at age 33. He was heavy too and his doc told him to lose weight but I guess he didn't think it was that big of a deal. His death has been a shock to my system. It's sad that it's taken that, but it's opened my eyes. Sorry to be such a downer on a Friday!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:11 AM   #86  

Hi Sabrina!

Sorry to hear about your friend - it is a real shock and an eye opener when someone that young passes.

You are taking the right steps to take care of yourself

Welcome to the forums and we'll see you on the boards!
Old 08-29-2006, 12:21 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 384/380/145

Height: 5'7

I'm new to 3FC and I'm really glad I found the pagan corner of this forum!

My name is Ruby, but most people call me Lyss because of a book I'm writing.

I am 23 years old, and a single, solitary, eclectic pagan living in baltimore City. I do my own thing, and that makes me happy. I'm a very spiritual person, and I dont always have time for the ritual work, which makes me sad. I work as a video store clerk, and I'm Mommy to 2 dogs, and 4 cats. Oh, and once a year I staff a convention in downtown Baltimore known as Otakon.

Interests: Cooking (though not so well), animal causes, reading, singing, writing, I love horror movies (especially bad ones), and japanese animation. My taste in music ranges from Alternative to pop to rock to metal to all kinds of japanese music, everything... Just not into rap though...

And a blog!

http://lyss.livejournal.com/

Nice to meet everyone!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:50 AM   #88  

Smile hello

hello i am in the learning phase of wicca,reading books and will prob.attend classes.i don't know anyome else interested so will probably be a solitary.
i attended traditional church as a child but don't feel connected to it now.
i would like to worship nature more and can't stand being in church on nice sunny days!
i am single ,working as a nurse in nova scotia.my sign is leo and i dabble in tarot cards just for myself and close friends.
i have been losing the same 10-20 pounds for years and would like to keep it off for good.
i have done weightwatchers,jenny craig,nutrisystem ,slimfast and cabbage soup.i would like to make a commitment to a new healthier lifestyle and give up habits like eating when stressed and bored,eating late at nite.i have always exercised so this has kept my weight from escalating too much.
i am going to stonehedge,penzance,king arthur's birthplace this week on a tour and hope fully start atkins'
hopefully i may post on this site with you kindred spirits
Old 09-13-2006, 09:34 AM   #89  

Welcome Lyss and Forest Faerie!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:45 AM   #90  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

You know, I thought I'd made the introductions on this forum as well, but I guess I missed it somehow!

Well, I'm Nikaia. I'm 21 and a college student. I split with the United Methodist Church in which I was raised at age 14, when an older friend gave me a copy of Scott Cunningham's "Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner". She was into it for the usual teen reasons - "Ooh, look at me, I'm a witch. I'll hex you!" - but it struck me strangely. I'd been questioning the youth group teachers to distraction during that time period, and they could never satisfy with their answers. But reading about Wicca, something in me said "Yes! Exactly!" It was like coming home.

In recent years, I've become more open about being a Witch, and more focused on my spirituality; or perhaps, just more aware of it. I've felt called to service of the Lady, and am pondering training as a priestess of the Sisterhood of the Silver Branch.

I look forward to getting to know you all. Blessed be.
Closed Thread