Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:33 AM   #46  
The sweetest thing !

Hi Girls, and Welcome
I am so happy to see this thread is taking on a life of it's own, and I love to see all pagan types, posting here. I just want to make it clear that your really don't have to identify yourself into a certain title. We just are who we are and I am sure on this tread we are alll loving and accepting bunch of pagans.
Le'ts just vow to keep this thread alive and I am sure there are alot more of us out there, just cannot find us. I wonder if we could get a heading. (like instead of Alternachick, the heading Pagans would be nice.
Brightest Blessings to all !!!!
and welcome.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #47  
Empress/Queen

Smile Yo!

E, I'd forgotten about this thread until I saw your name. Glad that happened. I think a pagan weight loss book would be wonderful.

Wild Honey, thanks for the welcome and the understanding re self-identification.

I also would like a "pagan" heading as, personally, I guess that comes closest to a definition of me.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:24 PM   #48  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking

Just wanted to pop in and say hello...HELLO.

Nothing terrible exciting going on here -trying to "visualize" my house cleaning itself, but it isn't working

Anyway - hope everyone is good - back to work now.

Trish
Old 09-24-2005, 09:30 PM   #49  
Pending Email Confirmation

pj - it works about as well is visualizing yourself thin, huh? Hubby came down stairs this morning after sleeping in til 11 and says "wow, you're on a cleaning spree!" and my reply was "what, did you think fairies cleaned our house while you slept?" hah. the boy seems to think that it magically get's done without any work involved (i suppose that's true for him *LOL*)

I think a pagan pamphlet or book on weightloss would be an excellent idea. Something to get some perspective from a different angle. Some thoughts on herbalism meditation and magick in regards to being a woman and being overweight would be excellent. One of the things that turned me off of the pagan and wiccan books is that they are mostly geared toward beginners and toward teenaged girls. One in particular said you couldn't fully be wiccan until you were slim because not taking care of your body and being overweight was not allowed. What a pile of crap!
Old 09-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #50  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Talking

Pagan Weight Loss Guide...(Humor)

Appetite Suppressant - before meals, study the Herbal Remedies Encyclopedia (in full color), after seeing the medicinal uses for Wolf Spiders and Crickets - you won't feel like like eating for at least 3 hrs. or just live on fistfuls of vitamins and herbal supplements - you will be so tired of swallowing - you wont be able to eat.

Workout - Get dressed for the Rennisance Fair in full period garb.
- Sprint about your house, stashing obvious pagan items like daggers, vials of gooey things and baggies of "herbs" because MIA is very not pagan and has just "popped by" to say hello. - take a "stroll" in the woods to find the perfect wand material - spend a week scratching from poison oak.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:00 PM   #51  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Lizziness, if takin' care o' the bod for spiritual reasons worked, the "weight down" folks (a Christian weight loss program based on the idea that God wants people to care for their bodies) would all be slender as willow wands, so I agree w'ya!

Dish, I did Ren faire for two years in a costume borrowed from someone who could sew ... thou art correct, quite a workout.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:43 PM   #52  
deleted2

Trish, now that's funny! Many times I've done the hide-it sprint, but have found that unless the visitor is knowledgeable about such things they don't notice, or maybe they're just being polite?

Lizziness, I've never read the 'you must be slim to be Wiccan' things. A load of crap indeed!!!

I'll try to crystalize my thoughts on pagan weight loss and share them here. Just goes to show I should've been taking notes all along......

Old 09-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #53  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Are any of you seriously interested in a pagan/wiccan dieting group? If you I can see about getting separate header under the alternachicks banner - the same type of thing as the "veggie chick" header so that other people with simalar interests can find us.

My thoughts are that we can all have a regular chat thread, share some wisdom, share herbal and food recipes, and chat about weight loss in our own little corner.

Any one else have some thoughts on this or any ideas of what they would like to see in a pagan/wiccan forum? What would we call it then? Paganchicks? or maybe something related to Goddess or earth based path?

If there are enough people interested I will see what the can be done
Old 09-26-2005, 02:30 PM   #54  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default So glad to find ya'll!!!

OH BOY OH BOY A PAGAN FORUM GROUP!!! I am so glad that I poked around a bit on here today and found you guys!! I was on a few months ago in another group that was really nice, but then the puter crashed and I just now got back online. The first group I was in was a great group of ladies, but I still felt a little out of place ya know, watching what or how I said something on certain topics. Let's see....about me... my real name is Heather. I am a 29 yo stay at home mom of 3 great kids and wife to another great kid oops I mean man . I am a solitary eclectic wiccan. I have been reading and learning for about 3 years now but still classify myself as a newbie to the craft because info out here where I live is very hard to come by and other wiccans/pagans are even harder to come by, and I am leary about info online cause you never know if the site's people/info are correct or if they're talking out their @$$. I'm sure ya'll know what I mean. My hubby follows his own path which is geared more toward Native American beliefs but has a little of this and that thrown into it also. I guess he's eclectic pagan.My mom knows about our paths and is very supportive, but then again she raised me in the fashion of "there are religions out there, try them out. If you have any questions I'll try my best to answer but do what feels right to you." Hubby's family...well let's put it this way the WHOLE family disowned one of his cousins because he brought his wiccan girlfriend home to meet the family and told them that he too was wiccan and had been for years. They did the whole your gonna burn thing and haven't spoken to him in roughly 20 years. So, we don't tell them. My weight issues have been a lifelong thing although looking back I was never really fat as a kid I just thought I was. 10 years ago when I had my first kid is when they really began. I am now at 205 lbs., 5'2" and ready for a change. I want to not be ashamed to go out in public, have clothes that fit and be able to keep up with my kids when they play. I want to have friends, because as of right now the only person that I talk to besides my kids is my hubby and that isn't a joke. I don't have any friends because I don't like to leave the house. I am hoping to lose at least 50 lbs by next summer cause hubby wants to take a trip to see his family and I don't want to look or feel like this when I go out there. My ultimate goal is to lose about 80 lbs. Well now that I've bored ya'll enough. I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'll if you'll have me. I'll check back later.

Old 09-26-2005, 04:00 PM   #55  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Wow, I run off to equinox festival for a few days and this thread goes crazy!

Welcome to all the new people

Heather, I don't know what region you live in, but I've always been amazed at how many active pagan communties there are in even the most rural out of the way areas. Folks might not be as vocal and active in your area as they are out my way (where you can't trip without falling on another pagan of one sort or another) but I bet they're out there. I hope as your confidence grows you can get out there and meet some people. I'm a horrible introvert, but I've learned how to fake a little confidence, and it can really go a long way.

BTW, are you familiar with the pagan greeting call? Around here it's ususally "Nice necklace" said with a smile when you see a goddess, pentacle, triskele, hammer etc. around someone's neck.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:01 PM   #56  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Ooops! I forgot to tell Mauvais that I vote for Paganchicks as a header under Alternachicks
Old 09-28-2005, 09:49 AM   #57  

Thanks Tani!

I need a show of hands in order to put a request for a forum in so if you are interested in a pagan forum then please let me know.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:41 AM   #58  
Crazy Old Crone

Default I vote For the Pagan Forum

I am new, but would love to see a Pagan Forum.

A bit about me, I have been an HPS for nearly 25 years now, having had my last coven hive off about 9 years ago, I am now Solitary well, almost, DH and DS are also Wiccan as well, so it's a family thing.

I have already lost 90 pounds but need to lose another 80-100 due to health issues. So a pagan friendly forum would be a boon for me!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:55 AM   #59  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Talking I vote for Pagan Thread

But what will it be? Just another chat? Or will there be Pagan related topics like meditation, herbal supplements, yoga, etc?

Maybe a ritual for bannishing fat cells?

T the D
Old 09-28-2005, 01:42 PM   #60  

I was thinking of the following topics:

Weekly/monthly chat - whatever is preferred
Health ideas - herbal, medicinal, spiritual (i.e. meditation, yoga,etc.)
Herbal recipes
Healthy recipes for celebrations (low fat, low cal versions of foods used during celebrations and rites) or favourite things like mead recipes etc.
Earth friendly products
Related books

Anything that would interest anyone - if any of you have suggestions I would be glad to hear them
Closed Thread