Old 11-29-2005, 02:28 PM   #16  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Hi, all... I recently ran out of my St. Ive's Apricot Scrub as I was about to hop in the tub to prepare for a "hot date." No way was I going out to the store, but I really wanted to exfoliate, so it was off to the kitchen for me. Here's what I came up with: I put some regular sugar in a bowl and add a few drops each of almond extract and vanilla extract. Then I added some safflower oil (mine wasn't from the grocey store; it's the oil I use as a base for potions and such, which I got from Bath & Body works, but I think it's the same). Then I mixed it all up. Right before I was ready to use it, I added a very little bit of water just to make it more spreadable. I washed first and then used it to exfoliate my arms, legs, face, butt.... everywhere. Then I rinsed off with warm water.

I love this because it rinses away clean and leaves no grit anywhere; it smells wonderful and not at all fake; it moisturizes as it exfoliates; and it's just yummy and fun. Plus my sweetie said my skin tasted vaguely sweet and woodsy. Nice! Just be careful because the safflower oil can leave your tub slick, but not as bad as baby oil or some commercial oil-based soaks.
MaggieShines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #17  
Lisa

S/C/G: 205/205/145

I was surfing around the web tonight looking at different pagan sites and happened upon this little recipe. I tried in my bath, and it's really wonderful! Enjoy!

Green Tea Bath Bag

Serves/Yields: 1 bag
Prep. Time:
Cook Time:
Category: Bath & Body
Difficulty: Easy

Introduction
The green tea leaves are a mild sloughing agent. The comfrey or calendula add a soothing touch. The result….Silky skin!
Ingredients
1 cup loose leaf green tea
1 cup calendula or comfrey
4 to 6 drops rose, lavender, ylang ylang, or bergamot essential oil (actually any favorite oil will work)

Directions
Mix all ingredients thoroughly and fill sachets made from loosely woven 100% cotton gauze (available at craft stores). Tie tops with string or ribbon. To use, hold under the running tap of a tub until tub is half full, and squeeze several times to release the fragrance. Rub the tea bag gently over your body, paying special attention to elbows and knees and any other rough spots. Allow the bag to float in the tub to add its skin-softening properties to the water.
oh_surfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:38 PM   #18  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Lisa -That sounds lovely
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:06 PM   #19  

Default Itchy skin relief bath salts

Ingredients
* 1/2 cup baking soda
* 1/2 cup dry milk
* 1 cup epsom salt
* 1 cup sea salt

Mix all ingredients together in a large ziploc bag.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:07 PM   #20  

Default Sleepy time bath salts

Ingredients

2 cup Epsom salts
1 cup Sea salt
4 drops of blue, 6 drops of red; makes purple
20 drops of lavender essential oil

In a large bowl mix salts first, then add the other ingredients slowly. MIX VERY WELL!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #21  

Default Lemon Shoe Deodorizer

Eliminate odor from your athletic or running shoes with this lemony deodorizer

Ingredients

˝ cup baking soda
˝ cup cornstarch
One storage container with cover
About 15 drops of lemon essential oil

Directions

1. Combine the baking soda and cornstarch in the container

2. Add the lemon essential oil and mix well. Cover and let it sit overnight to blend and absorb the fragrance.

3. Sprinkle some of the deodorizer (a little goes a long way) into your athletic or running shoes each night (or at least 4 hours before wearing them). Shake out shoes before putting them on.

4. Repeat once a day until shoe odor is reduced. It may take several treatments to fully eliminate odors.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #22  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

This thread is so cool! I just became Egyptian Wicca myself, if that's what it's called. Any book suggestions for this stuff would be great. Also, know any to pull toxins from the skin? I need that bad.
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #23  

I've been debating colouring my hair with Henna. I researched it eons ago, but it's been a while, so I was wondering if anyone had any experiences to share. I'd like to go brownish red. My hair is currently dark brown (though it has professional dye in it that's about 4 months old and is pretty much faded out) and is quite fine. Any tips would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!
sillymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #24  
Smart Choices!!

S/C/G: 160/154/130

Height: 5'6"

To pull toxins from skin you can bathe in fresh ginger and some epsom salts (about a cup for my garden tub). I use a 3-4" piece that I chop up and toss into the tub. I guess to make for easier clean up you could tie it in cheesecloth.

Another good way is green tea but it takes a bit of tea to notice a difference.

After the bath (soak 20 minutes) rinse off in a cool shower and pat dry. Use a few drops of extra virgin olive oil patted into the skin to moisturize when you are dry.

Speaking of evoo, I need to make more of my face oil. I guess that is another post though.
Celastrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 AM   #25  
Good Charlotte fan !!

S/C/G: 184.2/176/135

Height: 5 foor 1 inch.

Wink Rosemary hot oil hair treatment.

Hi gals :
Want lovely, shiny hair ?? Heat a small amount ( based on how long your hair is ) of olive or coconut oil. Add some rosemary essential oil. Can add some sage too, if you have dark hair.

Warm gently. Apply to hair and give a good scalp massage. Wrap your hair/head in a plastic bag for a mimimum of 30 minutes, but the longer the better.

Hop into the shower, and shampoo twice to rinse away completely.

Your hair will be managable, shiny and beautiful. Can do as often as you choose as completely non-toxic.

Enjoy !!
FairyVickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:23 AM   #26  

S/C/G: size 26/size 16/size 12

My favorite scrub in the whole world is a mix of cornmeal, honey and heavy cream. Your skin will feel so soft. Just make sure to rinse in lukewarm water. If you rinse in hot water you will smell ever so slightly of sour milk.
150reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:34 AM   #27  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Default Toxin Release Bath

Simply put 2 to 4 cups of unprocessed apple cider vinegar in a very warm to hot bath.

The warm to hot water will help to loosen up your pores and the apple cider vinegar helps to restore ph to your skin and acts as a cleaning agent through your pores. I like to relax in this bath sipping a nice cup of tea, until the water goes room temperature. Very invigorating and good for your skin.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #28  
Beings fats is brutals

Height: 5'10

I use Apple Cider Vinegar on my face after a workout. I apply it with a cotton round and leave it on to burn for a few minutes before I get in the shower. It's done wonders for my skin. It's a very mild acid so it helps burn off some of the dead skin.

You may want to dilute it with water if your skin is sensitive. Some people who use this say that it actually made them break out for the first week or two THEN their skin cleared up. I never had that problem though. Be sure to wash and moisturize your face with your usual products after you use it because like I said, it burns.
Metal Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 260/260/140

Height: 5'0"

Through a user named Bubbs on YouTube, I found an excelent facial routine. It's made with:

- Green Tea
- Honey
- Sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar (preferably not distilled, but I used distilled and it's fine)

It's a facial scrub and than the stuff that tightens the skin, the word escapes me. If you search her videos on YouTube, it's very easy to find. She has a few others too like Avocado for your hair and things.
MidgieMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #30  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

I recently had some mental/physical problems and I am recuperating. I have been simply sniff some lavender oil while I do some deep breathing....very nice and relaxing....I up few drops of the lavender oil in my hair today, again, very nice and relaxing.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote