Old 03-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #31  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

LovesToTravel-- I've been performing for two years.

As for what got me into it, there was this comedy show on Netflix called Live Nude Comedy several years ago where they had comedians and between acts, burlesque performers. That kind of got the burlesque bug into me. Then I watched a documentary called "A wink and a smile" about a burlesque school taught by Indigo Blue and The Shanghai Pearl. Then I watched some on Youtube, and then some local shows in my area. I contacted Miss Rachel Riot, who teaches a local school on burlesque and took a class and it took off from there. From there not only have I performed, but I've also started to produce.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:35 AM   #32  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Martina - Great to see you again! Burlesque sounds like a good workout, I bet you need a lot of strength to get in certain positions and endurance as well.

LovesToTravel - Limited contemporary resources are definitely a challenge. The ancient Celts certainly didn't leave behind written documents, and the Romans had a bit of an agenda when writing about the Gauls. But what is left from the past I find fascinating. Although Druidry was more of a 18th century revival (or 17th?) combined with Christian practice, I found it a good starting point. I'm a bit more drawn to reconstruction now though, so I'll see where that goes.

The St. Patrick's Day madness is finally over with 12 performances under my belt the past week, including 7 on St. Patrick's Day itself! I have one more show tomorrow but overall I'm feeling much more calm as work is slowing a bit (finally!) as well. I'm now way up in weight but I think the calm time is a good time to tackle it.

Hope you all are doing well!
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:54 AM   #33  
Irish dance addict

Hope all you Paganchicks are doing well! I've put on weight up to 145 but maintained that the last week. I've been exercising more consistently and tracking my food, so now I just need to pull my calories down to my daily goal for loss. Slowly but surely!

It has been beautiful warm weather here as we head into spring, with just one dusting of snow last week and the leaves are coming out on the trees. I had an interesting discussion with my boyfriend recently. He feels much more connected to everything and alive in a city setting, whereas I feel that way out in nature and am more lost/alone in a city setting. We think he's sensitive to the spirits of people and I'm sensitive to the spirits of the forests and waters. I think that informed my path choice of Druidry.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #34  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 340/332/185

Height: 5'4

Merry Meet! I am new to 3fatchicks my aunt recommended it months ago, and it took me this long to join. I am here to become a better me physically and connect with myself and the Lady and Lord for I have been out of touch with all three spiritually for sometime now. :/
tabbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:28 PM   #35  
Irish dance addict

tabbylady - Welcome to 3FC! Hopefully this site can help provide some good support for you in your goals.

Do you have a particular plan in place to improve yourself physically and connect with yourself and gods that you'd like to share?
Old 04-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #36  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Martina, that's fantastic that you've found something you're so passionate about! Good luck with your new venture in producing, sounds like a very creative endeavor.

atmos, glad to hear you finished up your very hectic dance schedule last month, sounds exhausting combined with all of your work responsibilities.

tabbylady, welcome to the board and our little group!

I'm just doing a quick check-in to see how everyone is. Life is busy as usual and a little extra crazy this week- my sister eloped and it's caused a lot of family drama. I'm hovering around 140 at the moment and I'm just done with the re-gain. I started exercising again this weekend and am working on being more mindful of my eating habits. I let things slide too much in all of the stress of the last few months. DONE.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #37  
Irish dance addict

LovesToTravel - It was exhausting, but I finally got a chance to take a mental health day yesterday from work so I'm hoping that helps. Eloping definitely sounds like drama, wow! I hope that ends up settled soon. Best of luck reversing the re-gain. I'm still trying to do that myself...
Old 04-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #38  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I'm back! Sorry I was gone so long. I had a serious bout of winter depression but the signs life and rejuvenation has made such a positive impact for me.

Name: Sierra (Ciao)

Religion: Hellenic Wicca, polytheist, solitary for now but I wouldn't mind joining a coven

Birth religion: Christianity, I can't even begin to list out the number of sects I joined until I realized I didn't believe in the Christian God, the last one being Mormon.

3FatChicks goals: Get to my goal weights little by little. I'm recovering from an eating disorder (and the very bad mentality) so I just want to take the weight off little by little. Also, just adding in more exercise. I may start doing Couch to 5k soon.

General diet plan: I don't count my calories because recovery but I do try and incorporate more vegetables, fruits, and avoid sweets. I work third shift and that's especially rough for me because I get super hungry and it messes up my weigh-ins the next day.

Favorite exercise and food: I do Blogilates now on Youtube, take my son out for walks, and I love foods like baked chicken or spaghetti. Just need to make sure I don't have too much of them.

Occupation: Currently majoring in Criminal Justice. I would like to go back to school for either Biology so I can do Forensics OR law school so I can be a lawyer.

Hobbies/activities: Game collecting, making lists (of literally EVERYTHING! haha), chasing my son around
___
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #39  
Irish dance addict

Ciao - Welcome back! I'm very sorry to hear about your winter depression but very happy the changing season is improving your outlook. Hopefully it continues to become more positive as we move to summer!

I had a dance competition on Sunday. There unfortunately weren't enough people in any category to advance the dances, but I did get 4 firsts, 2 seconds, and 1 third in my 7 dances. Overall I feel I danced quite well except for the one third (of 3!), where I ended up getting a bit wobbly right in front of the judge. Oops! I'm hopeful that in the next feis in June there will be enough adult numbers to advance some dances. The small numbers make me want to drop down with the kids, but that also makes me nervous as I'm not that good yet!
Old 04-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #40  
Irish dance addict

Hope you all are doing well! We're about to get a weather pattern change here. It has been warm and dry for a couple weeks, but the entire next week's forecast is rain/snow chances with highs in only the 50s (about 10-15C) and lows in the mid 30s (~0-2C).

I weighed in again at 145 and am getting frustrated. My exercise is up to par and I know my eating is not. I know what I need to do, but can't seem to find the will to do it. I'm not sure what could help at this point.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:01 AM   #41  
Bella Signora ♥

You can do it! I know how hard it can be. Many times when I start seeing progress and seeing that I'm actually doing what I set my mind to I kind-of self-sabotage. This happens a lot when I try to get out of the 190's.

I don't know if you do already, but maybe you could plan out your meals in advance so you don't deviate from your plan? I know that helps some of my friends.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #42  
Irish dance addict

Ciao - When I'm not short on groceries I typically plan out at least breakfast and lunch to take with me to work. Evening mindless snacking kills me, though, so maybe planning dinner as well would help.

Work has been a nightmare and I was sick for a few days, as well as stress with apartment hunting, so I comfort ate and didn't exercise. Yesterday I actually did manage to stay in my calories for the first time in ages, though, so today I'm trying to make it 2 days! I made it through 3 hours of dance classes yesterday and managed to get up and "run" (walk/jog) this morning, so I'm feeling jaunty about that.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:45 AM   #43  
Bella Signora ♥

Atmos- I do hope it gets better for you. I work third shift (graveyards from 6p-4a) and I always get so hungry around 2am which always messing up my next day's weigh-in. I know the struggle.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #44  
Irish dance addict

Ciao - I've tried working overnights before. It was definitely not for me! It was at the radar during a field project and we all took turns sneaking off to another trailer to take a nap. So I decided not to go into forecasting. Even though it messes up your next day's weigh in, if it's consistent at least you'll be getting a good trend still.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #45  
Irish dance addict

I went for a walk today along the "creek" (actually an irrigation ditch) near work for a break. Work was very productive today, and the nice nature walk with full creek after a bunch of rain yesterday was super calming and reminded me how much connecting to nature can sooth me. I need to make my religion a priority again, rather something I dabble in here and there. More nature, please! I'm very happy it's Beltaine on Friday.