Old 10-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #1  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Starting my Year and a Day training

Hi All.
I've been pretty busy as of late ( work, buying my first house, ect.) but after practicing for over 8 years I've decided to do my official Year and a Day training. Even though I’m not part of a coven (or have any wiccan friends-other than my BF) I've decided that I need to get serious about learning all I need to to feel confident in calling myself and knowledgeable wiccan.

I’m starting the day after Halloween, which is the witch’s new year. Because it’s so close I figured it would be a good time to start this.

I’m using Witch School by Rev. Donald Lewis-Highcorrell He teaches in the Correllian tradition and is pretty close to my beliefs even though I consider myself eclectic. There is one book for each degree and I tend to use them all in due time. My BF is typing out “Worksheets” for me, complete with vocabulary lists, test questions and subjects to wright in depth reports on. (All of this is provided in the books) I’m treating this like school to keep me on task, disciplined and serious. I’m also forcing myself to write all this by hand to help me remember it. The book is divided up into 12 lessons, one for each month of the year. It’s very…”textbook-ish” if you know what I mean which is good for me. I have a whole bookshelf devoted to my wiccan/pagan book collection and I plan on using them for research as well as the good ol’ World Wide Web.

It’s been a long time coming and I’m as excited as if I’m going back to school @.@ (I loved school)
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Sounds fun and interesting. Good Luck!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

it sounds awesome
leopardtuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #4  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

I would love to hear an update on how things are going? I love this idea and I may have to do this as well soon.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote