3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Paganchicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks-185/)
-   -   Poll: What's Your Path? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks/175194-poll-whats-your-path.html)

Frigg 06-25-2009 06:20 PM

Poll: What's Your Path?

I'm not able to put a lot of options on, but this was the best I could do.

If you select more than one, please comment. I'm curious to know. I know many of our paths are complicated.

lizziep 06-27-2009 02:13 PM

i picked pantheist - it is the closest match to my eclectic combination of beliefs. :)

Frigg 06-28-2009 08:41 PM

I realized afterward that I didn't put eclectic in there.. Oh well, there were only 10 options available.

I selected Norse and other.. I guess in practice I'm almost entirely Norse, though I have a lot of philosophical influences from other non-Pagan religions. I hope to never shut myself off to anything just because it isn't from my particular tradition.

PriestessCynder 07-01-2009 09:13 PM

I checked 'other'.

My other is Asatru.

Frigg 07-02-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PriestessCynder (Post 2809338)
I checked 'other'.

My other is Asatru.

Doesn't it fall under Germanic?

I have a little semantics issue with the name Asatru, but am essentially of the same tradition. Greetings!

lizziep 07-04-2009 04:08 AM

180% ?!?! :)

ifyernasty 07-17-2009 09:32 PM

I'm what I call a weirdo pagan--I'm a hard polytheist with animist leanings who does spirit-work stuff. I don't follow a particular pantheon and am not a witch and do not practice Wicca. I dabble in hoodoo and Vodou traditions, as well as some Egyptian stuff but, really, weirdo pagan.

Hydra 09-04-2009 12:07 AM

I followed a traditional Wiccan path for years. I belonged to a coven of sorts at one point many years ago. My beliefs are very similar to the Wiccan path and I refer to myself as a kitchen witch. I am most comfortable with that term and I have been referred to as an electic Wiccan and that fits as well.

Skullarix 09-06-2009 11:32 PM

I put other and that's because I'm a Celtic Reconstructionalist, some how just clicking "celtic" didn't seem right, but I guess that is what I am.

gothik butterfly 09-22-2009 10:02 PM

I've considered myself 'eclectic pagan and witch' for 12 years and I am an initiate of an eclectic coven with a loosely wiccan ritual structure.

However, for the past near year, I've been studying Anderson Feri traditional witchcraft and know that it is the right place for me.

aurorasworld 10-01-2009 11:12 PM

I am explaining my other

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frigg (Post 2800779)
I'm not able to put a lot of options on, but this was the best I could do.

If you select more than one, please comment. I'm curious to know. I know many of our paths are complicated.

I am an elemental, ecclectic pagan. I am very much ruled by the elements, but I also have patrons. For instance, my chief patron is Lilith. I am a Water/Fire elemental mix. Most of my gifts lie within the Water element, though some are Air, I am kind of all over the spectrum gift wise. However, I am tied to the Earth in a way that the other traditions I encountered didn't cover thoroughly enough for me. Or if they came close, they discounted the connection to patrons.

Blessings,
Ro

Mango30 10-02-2009 02:24 PM

Green/hedge witch here.

RavenToy 10-12-2009 10:50 AM

I picked Germanic because I'm probably closer to Asatru than anything else, at least at the moment. :) Nice to see a pagan group here.

drake3272004 10-12-2009 06:35 PM

I picked other. I am still searching for my path, so I just tell people that I am pagan.

LadyStarDust 02-20-2010 06:43 PM

Druidry
and ancestrial learnings of Aboriginal Australia

RockerMommy 02-20-2010 11:07 PM

I checked other.... it is kinda blurry.... I am actually a 1st degree alexandrian wiccan, I was in a coven ( a founding member whose "circle" included Issac Bonewits) BUT, that was only for "COVEN" work. I am no longer involved with said coven. I am now and have always been Eclectic. I use a little here a little there including alot of of Celtic, Welsh, a little Strega, some Fairy work like I said very eclectic

PaxilPixie 02-25-2010 03:48 AM

I debated selecting other... but the truth is with a few exceptions I suspect I fall under Wicca along with the rest of my family. Generally speaking though we take in tid bits from different traditions.

MidgieMonroe 04-15-2010 11:24 AM

I have a very strange view on religion, one I'm not always comfortable discussing. I fall under the category of eclectic pagan though.

astrophe 04-15-2010 12:17 PM

Unitarian / green / kitchen witch here.

A.

Jacque 04-15-2010 12:31 PM

I would consider myself an Eclectic Pagan.

I do most of my "work" in the kitchen, and I feel pulled towards the Celtic traditions if I had to specify. (Although my cat, Persephone would lead people to think otherwise... LOL! But she picked her name. The day we brought her home she curled up on a children's book to sleep, the book happened to be titled Persephone. )

witchyonadiet 04-17-2010 06:26 PM

Eclectic, hereditary, solitary witch here ! Amazing how many different paths but I think that is another of the things about Wicca/Paganism that I appreciate.

JuicyBits 06-01-2010 04:23 PM

I'm an eclectic and I just picked "Other"... lol

souvenirdarling 06-03-2010 11:15 PM

I am a Traditional Wiccan with ecclectic tastes and interests :) Witchyonadiet, I agree!

honeythorn 11-12-2010 08:05 PM

Tradwitch. Can't abide fluffy paths like wicca ( sorry wiccans , just the way it is for me personally ) though I started out looking into those like many do. I work with and learn from the natural things around me. I use what I find as and when I need it.

Tea Granny 01-24-2011 07:47 PM

Just call myself Pagan - I'm still learning my path ( and I'm 51 :))

Ahzuri 01-25-2011 02:31 PM

I consider myself to be eclectic so no specific tradition, though I do always like to read about the different traditions :)

Ruslana 02-14-2011 09:58 AM

I consider myself eclectic, with leanings in wicca, and hellenic poly..so much variety here, I love it! :)

NewGirl24 05-23-2011 10:54 AM

I checked "other". I consider myself to be a Solitary Eclectic Pagan Witch.

I don't practice too often, but I do candle magic sometimes, and I pray to Hecate sometimes, and other deities as I feel drawn to them.

sheski 05-24-2011 07:07 PM

Well, I mostly consider myself an animistic polytheist, eclectic basically. My ancestry pulls me towards germanic and celtic directions, while I have been drawn to deities of other areas at different points in my life. I really believe no creation myths, I believe that all life on and the planet herself is sacred and has energy and yet I flatly reject any notion of one-god and do honor and believe in many of the old deities. I picked other, celtic, germanic, and pantheist, sorry for the long non-explanation. (been pagan since 70's on an ever-changing path)

LookingForElana 06-20-2011 03:01 PM

I clicked Other since I'm still sort of finding my way. I'm just eclectic as of right now -- I also know a bit about herbs and what their purposes are, and a lot of my work is in helping others. :)

SpangleMagnet 06-25-2011 12:17 AM

I put Germanic. I'm mainly Norse, researching into Norse magical practices too (such as seithr and galdr).

justjen78 07-01-2011 05:44 PM

I am Wiccan. I am a High Priestess of a local coven in my area. I've never been solitare for very long, I like coven life (with the right coven that is). Outside of coven tho I am still definatly Wiccan but I practice alot of Kitchen Magick

RowanM 07-04-2011 07:51 PM

Solitary Kali dedicant here. :D

Rebecca85 08-15-2011 11:26 PM

Proud Wiccan Its what i was raised.

Gabe 08-24-2011 02:40 PM

I put other. As I said in my profile, my religion--or lack of--is kind of private, but, as it was asked, I figured I'd poke my head in.

I practiced solitary, electic, sort-of-not-really-Wicca for a number of years. A lot of that involved research into older magic-type-things--going back from the Golden Dawn and Thelema, eventually landing in John Dee and before that Trithemius. At that point, I pretty much drifted away from any sort of formal belief and practice.

As I stand now, I'm largely agnostic. I think that magic and rituals are valuable as meditative and focusing activities. What remnants of belief I *do* have are vaguely. . .nature-based, I guess? Tied to the seasons more than any sort of theology. Anyway, my spiritual background puts me here, even though I'm not really pagan anymore, so I figured I'd post.

melstrj 09-29-2011 05:03 PM

I've been Norse pagan for about 7 years now.

Rhiannon27 10-03-2011 09:53 PM

Shamanism, Druidism, and Wiccan. I call myself a pagan to not confuse anyone lol.

Spyke1985 03-03-2012 01:47 PM

Merry Meet!

I'd classify myself as Egyptian Pagan, with shamanistic and druidic roots, and a slight nod to Hinduism.
I am an alchemist, most of my practice revolves around herbs in some way.
I've explored Wicca and a few other pagan belief systems, never found a match, and finally realized that I didn't conform to any of the current "traditional" paths, so I made my own. I've been looking for a coven for many years, but it's been slow, so I've been a solitary practitioner since I was 16. I picked Egyptian, Just Witchcraft and other.

lora m 05-28-2012 06:35 PM

I ticked the poll a while ago without introducing myself, and now I can't remember what I checked. I've been a member of a druid order for quite a few years, but I also have some Hellenic leanings due to feeling a draw to some members of that pantheon. Most of what I do is solitary practice, although I sometimes work with DH and have been more group oriented in the past. I find it easiest to just call myself Pagan these days.

AbstractSilver 06-07-2012 03:46 PM

Oh this is tough. I don't identify completely with any of the mentioned, but I identify with parts of all of them. Does that make any sense? I suppose if I had to choose I would identify most closely with Keltrian Druidism.