Visualizations

• Merry meet!
    I wanted to find out if there are others who meditate and visualize their weightloss?

The plan that I'm on actually has a focus where they want you to visualize yourself in your new body. So, I've included something similar in my daily meditation. I'll list it down a little quickly.

It's an earth grounding. It's a deviation from a tree grounding meditation. You stand with your arms to the sky. Your feet rooted to the ground.
    I ground all negativity held in my body including my negative thoughts about myself and appearance starting from my arms through to my toes grounding and cleansing to the earth. Once grounded I imagine white light coming from above same way as the negativity left through my hands then flowing through my body. I surround myself in white light protecting me. I then surround myself in pink light for self love and understanding. And this is where I visualize my new self.

What do you do?
  • (not a pagan chick), but I firmly believe in "think it do it." I have my masters' degree in psych and learned progressive relaxation, guided imagery, and hypnosis and self-hypnosis.

Visualizing and mentally "practicing" things you want to be/do - it's strong stuff, and works. You've reminded me how much, as I haven't done this in a long time. Busy lives often push important stuff to the wayside. And now that I don't have a busy life, I've gotten out of practice.

Your post has been a wakeup call, I guess. Thanks!.
  • I don't do any structured meditation or visualisation, I'm usually too tired or bust at the moment to focus too much on my craft (which is bad, but it'll find it's place shortly ) but every night before I go to bed I either read something inspiring or write something positive in my journal and meditate a little on being healthy and fit and slim before I sleep. I also do it a little because sometimes I dream about what I meditate on before sleeping and I love such positive dreams
  • I do a similar meditation, and have incorporated "thinking slim" into all kinds of daily things now. It wasn't always easy to remember to do it, but that gets easier and it becomes 2nd nature really. For instance, in the daily bath or shower, which for me is very ritual, I soak in "slimming" water, and I visualize the slim woman I am, with her fabulous abs. I use "fat burning" salts, soaps, oils, & lotions. I massage in cocoa butter, for it's benefits of skin elasticity, and as I massage it in I "see" the figure I want to have.

When I have a cup of tea, regardless of what kind, it is "fat burning" tea.

And I apply this thought to everything I can in daily life. It is very powerful stuff indeed, especially when practiced while exercising.

I'm glad to know that other women do this. We should all practice recognizing ourselves as the truly beautiful women that we are!
  • Quote: Visualizing and mentally "practicing" things you want to be/do - it's strong stuff, and works. You've reminded me how much, as I haven't done this in a long time. Busy lives often push important stuff to the wayside. And now that I don't have a busy life, I've gotten out of practice.

Your post has been a wakeup call, I guess. Thanks!.
    I'm glad you found the post. Once you get a routine going, I'd love to hear what you do and your focus.

Thanks for sharing!!
  • Quote: I don't do any structured meditation or visualisation, I'm usually too tired or bust at the moment to focus too much on my craft (which is bad, but it'll find it's place shortly ) but every night before I go to bed I either read something inspiring or write something positive in my journal and meditate a little on being healthy and fit and slim before I sleep. I also do it a little because sometimes I dream about what I meditate on before sleeping and I love such positive dreams
    Whether or not you think so, it is a bit of a structured meditation. You do this ever night. And no matter how it's done, it's still something. I think that's great!!
  • Quote: I do a similar meditation, and have incorporated "thinking slim" into all kinds of daily things now. It wasn't always easy to remember to do it, but that gets easier and it becomes 2nd nature really. For instance, in the daily bath or shower, which for me is very ritual, I soak in "slimming" water, and I visualize the slim woman I am, with her fabulous abs. I use "fat burning" salts, soaps, oils, & lotions. I massage in cocoa butter, for it's benefits of skin elasticity, and as I massage it in I "see" the figure I want to have.

When I have a cup of tea, regardless of what kind, it is "fat burning" tea.

And I apply this thought to everything I can in daily life. It is very powerful stuff indeed, especially when practiced while exercising.

I'm glad to know that other women do this. We should all practice recognizing ourselves as the truly beautiful women that we are!

What great ideas!!! Have these focuses helped you have a different out look on yourself and your dieting? I know for me, what I do helps me in a sense that I don't think so negatively as I did. And that was my big issue.'
    But I'm sitting her sipping tea and thinking.... fat burning.

Thanks for sharing!!
  • Quote:
    What great ideas!!! Have these focuses helped you have a different out look on yourself and your dieting? I know for me, what I do helps me in a sense that I don't think so negatively as I did. And that was my big issue.'
    But I'm sitting her sipping tea and thinking.... fat burning.

Thanks for sharing!!
    LOL!

Yes, it really has helped me tremendously in several ways. In 2005 I went from a size 18 to a 12, and visualization was a huge part of my day. Like kaplods I had gotten so busy that not only my diet and exercise, but a lot of my important little for me rituals got pushed to the wayside. Then I broke my ankle last year and I really just lost control of it all. Meds, which I don't like taking, and being bound and dependent upon others to such a extent really pushed me into a depression. It was teasing the 200 lb mark that kind of refocused me to get the diet and exercise back into routine.

Visualization was also a big player in my quest to learn to truly love myself, in any form I happen to be in. As I went through that process I really did start to realize that I am very comfortable with the person that I am. And as a result people were more comfortable with me as well. It is your inner quality that is truly attractive.

And while before I learned to meditate little things could have been enough to make me give up on what I wanted, now I know that meditating on what I need will bring it to me. And in that knowledge I have a calm sort of patience and positivity that I didn't before.

I think the big trick is in crediting all of this for it's full importance, and not letting it get pushed to the wayside.
  • Jeannie, I love the idea of fat burning tea and creams and salts etc. I'd never thought of applying that label to things I do that alreayd fat burning in themselves. I'm definitely going to be drinking my fat burning tea tomorrow