Old 02-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #1  

Height: 5'

Question pre-TOM: anyone have any ideas?

About a week before my TOM, I get the world's most terrible cramps. I know what it is - endometriosis, which apparently women in their 30s and 40s are prone to having if they never produce children. I had laproscopic surgery for it back in 2002 but the doctor told me it was likely to return and it has.

I work out about an hour a day and sometimes more - body flex, yoga, pilates and of course meditation accompanies the yoga.

I'd rather not go through another surgery knowing that yet another could follow in another five years or so. Anyone have any ideas - whether physical (certain kind of exercise) or herbal (beyond the usual chamomile tea) that might assist?

cheers, ladies!

Samantha
samanthaf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

I would be interested in this too. The only thing that I ever found to help was finding the right birth control pill. It works great but I would rather not have to be on the pill for the rest of my life. I may change my entire view on it all and decide to breed some day.

I wish I had some help, but I can say that Yasmin bcp was the only one that worked for me, lightens the period, less days, and I went from calling in sick to work laying on the floor puking every month to it not being a problem at all.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:31 PM   #3  
Member of the Gold Plan

Hi I am brand new and I hope you don't mind me jumping in.
Something that works is to start taking ibuprofen the day before you expect your cramps to begin--it helps build up prostiglandins (or lessen them, I can't remember exactly!)and it makes for better pain control all around. Check with your doctor, of course, to be sure you can take ibuprofen and the specific dosage for you, as I am not offering medical advice. But its something I've seen work before.
Also, heat packs to your abdomen and lower back, gentle stretching, and I have heard that raspberry tea is good for cramps too.
Good luck and I am sorry to jump in like this but hopefully it will help.
coopergrrl is offline   Reply With Quote