Old 11-14-2006, 06:00 AM   #1  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Waning Moon weight loss spell

I wrote and posted a Waning Moon spell on my website that a few others tried as well. A friend of mine had great luck with it because it really gave her the motivation to stick with Weight Watcher's. That's the thing about spellwork. You have to back it up with ordinary, everyday actions. Here's a copy of my post. Obviously, the next Full Moon would now be...ummm...errr...Dec 5th and the last before the New Moon would be...Dec 19th. I wonder if anyone wants to make this a mini-challenge along with me?

Quote:
Desperate times, ladies, call for desperate measures. No seriously, this is somehitng I have been thinking about doing for a very long time and now, the time is right. On the night of the Full Moon (the 7th), I will be doing a spell to aid in weight loss. Let's be clear...it's gonna be more like a dedication to doing all the right things to lose weight and being very mindful of my intent. I don't want to contract some wasting illness! Is anyone interested in joining me? I've been working on a chant/mantra to use. I'll post what I've got here and then y'all can give me your ideas. A poet I ain't!

Mother Moon, hear my plea
As you wane
I'll wane with thee.

Ummm, that's pretty much all I've got so far!! I swear, I had more all worked out the other day when I was walking but I so cannot remember any of it! GRRRR! I should carry around scraps of paper to scribble ideas on! Anybody want to add? Feel free to share!

Anyway, I plan to use a white taper cande and ritually mark it at intervals to represent a certain amount of weight to lose. I'm still toying with how much each mini-goal should be but the entire candle should be carved up to represent what you specifically want to lose. I'll probably do 5 pound increments, not sure I want to do it by 10s. The candle should be charged by the light of the Full Moon and then burnt a bit each day during the waning period which ends on November 1, as the New Moon starts on the 2nd. Cool, that coincides with Samhain fairly nicely. Of course, this does not mean you will reach yor goal by then. It just means that you will be re-affirming your intent every time you light the candle and say the chant. I'm also considering charging up my moonstone pendant with the same intent and wearing it to remind me.

I also think that an affirmation would be in order when you light the candle, like "I am strong, I am beautiful, I can prevail".

And, for the hard part, you have to actually work at losing, too. No sitting back, popping crisps and Pepsi and expecting magic to do all the work for you! I think that a vow made to the Goddess will be far more motivating than a vow made to the scale!

Anyone else want to join?
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:13 AM   #2  

Default Can we do this?

Greetings:

I would be interested in this, or some variation on it. In general, I would like to be more aware of the moon phases and their effects. Not sure how to go about it quite yet, but this would be a good way to start. We could charge our candles during the upcoming Full Moon and start thereafter.

I have found it effective to be as specific as possible in forming the intent in spellwork. So I would like to say something along the lines of, Mother Moon, as you wane, let the overweight that harms me go with you.

But we still have a few days to toss ideas for this around.

I hope others are up for this!
cathrynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #3  
American ex-pat

I'll definitely be doing it and am very pleased that someone else wants to jon in! Last time around, I wrote and posted the spell and then didn't do it myself! Derrr! This time around, I'm determined to be successful. I'll do what I originally mentioned, which is to charge the candle on Dec 5th (next Full Moon) with my very specific intent to lose (healthily)weight. Hmmmm...Cathryn, you'v got me thinking now...there are 14 days during the waning moon cycle so I may just divide the candle with 14 segments and burn it til it reaches the line so that it will burn evenly and finish up on Dec 19th. I think I planned to actually burn the candle each morning of the waning moon but wonder now if it would be more appropriate to burn it in the evening, along with a meditation/visualisation of me getting to goal. And of course, staying OP and exercising, as well!

I'm getting excited about this all over again! I love candle magick.

Here's a link to the Moon Phases calendar we have on our website, if anyone is interested: http://www.wyldwytch.com/weavings/ar...ases/index.htm I always try to be aware of the phase of the moon for any given day but sometimes, I'll look outside and go wow, how'd the Moon get so full without me noticing?
Old 11-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like an interesting idea. A good way to keep the goal in mind. Could you then renew it at the next moon?
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:02 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I'd be interested in trying this out too.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:49 AM   #6  
American ex-pat

Lifeguard, yes you could definitely renew with each waning moon. It might even be nice to save the candle stub from the previous period and use that to light the new one the first time. I dunno...I love continuity and tradition and ritual. My husband swears I'm a closet Ceremonial Magician!
Old 11-23-2006, 12:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

That's a great idea!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:26 PM   #8  

Default Ready to go!

Greetings:

I have December 5th marked on my Palm Pilot calendar: Start spellwork.

I have been giving this much thought. I don't see a problem if each of us has variations on a theme, so to speak, in doing this spell. I believe it will come together for me when time comes, but here's what I have so far:

Apart from finding other Pagans who are drawn to include the quest for health and fitness in their spiritual life, the most valuable aspect of this site for me so far has been the idea of having small, sometimes very small goals instead of focusing on the big picture. For me at least, the picture is so large as to be discouraging and to feel like something I couldn't possibly manage. But I can break those goals down as much as I need to, something I needed outside encouragement to do. So I would like to make my spell focus on just my Yule goal, that of bringing myself down to 189 or better. This type of focus will have everything to do with my ultimate success, so I'd like to reinforce it in this working.

In doing some Web surfing, I found this site helpful: http://www.spiritual.com.au/articles...ick-spells.htm

I would also like to include you all in my intentions, by name.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:50 PM   #9  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Count me in, ladies. My personal cycle at the moment revolves around the dark of the moon, but the full seems a good time to do this. Dec 5th, yes? Because I know Solstice is the day after the dark moon, this year.

I've got a paper to write right now, but I'll think on this over the next day or so and see what I can come up with for an invocation or chant. As much as I like the first few lines that were proposed, I also agree that for the initial spell, specificity is better. I could see using the short chant as the nightly invocation over the candle, used *after* the full intention has been stated.

Anyway, wish me well on this paper. I've been putting it off all day. I'll talk to you guys later.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:38 AM   #10  

I have marked December 5th on my calendar!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:56 AM   #11  
American ex-pat

Tonight's the night, ladies. Best of luck to everyone. I think all the personal touches and changes are really good, makes it more powerful when it's got a part of you in the creation of the spell. Can't wait to hear how everyone gets on.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:32 AM   #12  

Default Sidetracked but still there

Greetings Ladies:

Yes, tonight's the night, and I have my candle. I have been unfortunately sidetracked by what I think is bronchitis; I'm waiting for a callback from Kaiser as we speak. I have asthma, so they can be counted on to give me some dangerous drugs. I'm really bummed about the setback to my weight-loss program. Also, I finally get to the slack time of year for my work (court reporter), and I don't have a chance to enjoy it. Plus I had a setback of gaining one pound back. Even though I'm eating acceptably, I can scarcely move.

Anyway, I'm starting tonight. I will be dressing the candle with olive oil, rubbing it in both directions as I think about my purpose. When I light it, I will be saying, "Mother Moon, as you wane, take my harmful overweight and overeating with you. On December 21st, let my weight be 189 or lower. So mote it be. Blessed be."
Old 12-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #13  
American ex-pat

I did this last night with a more short-term goal in mind. I just concentrated on losing 5 pounds by the dark of the moon, which off the top of my head is the 19th but I could be wrong. I think I made it all up on the spur of the moment, chanting Mother Moon, hear my plea, as You wane, I'll wane with Thee. Let my health begin to thrive. By the dark of the moon, I'll be down by five.:blush: It's always embarrassing to share my cruddy rhyming skills but I work better and remember better with a mantra to chant. I ritually marked the candle into 5 segments and charged it under the Full Moon. The motivation could not have come at a more appropriate time! I plan to burn a portion of it each evening while chanting the above lame poetry and envisioning my goal. I felt as I always do after candle magick during the Full Moon. Full of energy and conviction.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #14  

I did mine too!

I asked for guidance with my health and help with my weight loss. Er, I'm not good with the rhyming thing either -
Old 02-28-2007, 12:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/178/125

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Talking

I know I'm coming in on this one months late, but I thought I'd give it a go at the next full moon. Spellwork, if nothing else, helps me focusing my energy. I personally like to "juice up" this sort of thing once a month.

I was also thinking that on the waxing moon I might do a "muscle gain" spell of some sort, though I'm not sure how that would work yet
photographydork is offline   Reply With Quote