3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Nutrichicks II!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/82905-nutrichicks-ii.html)

RubensMuse 04-28-2006 06:48 PM

Nutrichicks II!!!

Digging through all those pages was getting crazy. So here we are on out second thread!!!! We are AWESOME!!!! :carrot:

If any of you ladies want the PDFs for the nutritional information for the restaurants that I have collected, I have created a site just for us!

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/q2creative/erase/index.html

Enjoy. I think I found some before pictures too so I might upload those there as well.

readyfreddy 04-28-2006 08:05 PM

pictures pictures we want pictures! :)

MELODY525 04-29-2006 10:14 AM

:welcome: SKINNY
:welcome: AM. WOMAN
:welcome:BIG
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!

:cofdate: IT WAS NICE TO SEE 3 NEW FACES TODAY AND NOW A NEW THREAD. HOPE WE'RE ALL DOING WELL TODAY AND THE SUN IS SHINING ON ALL OF US :sunny:
I HAD A CHANCE TO MAKE SOME EXTRA $$ THIS WEEK AND ALSO TODAY SO I TOOK IT!!! :dance: I AM DOING GREAT AND STILL ON THE NS.:carrot: NOTHING NEW TO REPORT BUT I AM GLAD MY DD IS HOME!!! LOL TIRED OF BABYSITTING THE BIRD!!! :rofl: I AM WAITING FOR A CALL TO START WORK IN THE OFFICE DOWNSTAIRS. THEY ARE LATE AS USUAL!!! :( BUT I BEST POST THIS AND GET GOING.:moped:

FREDDY~ SORRY YOU HAD A BAD TIME OF IT THE OTHER DAY. BELATED :hug: FOR YOU!!! SOMETIMES WHEN THE DAY IS A WEE BIT NUTS, I HAVE LUNCH FOR BREAKFAST, DINNER FOR LUNCH AND BREAKFAST FOR DINNER. WHEN I KNOW I HAVE TO WORK, I LIKE TO MAKE PAUL'S BUNDT CAKE WITH THE PANCAKE MIX FOR DINNER. I MIX IT UP, SET THE MICRO, RUN TO TAKE MY SHOWER AND THERE IS A LOVELY COMFORT MEAL FOR MY SOUL!!! :lol3:

RUBEN~ HOPE YOU AND THE HUBBY ARE STILL DOING WELL. THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD AND THE NEW WEBSITE TO LOOK AT FIRST CHANCE I GET!!! :p

WICKED~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE DIETEX!!! PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON HOW YOU FEEL ETC. INQIRING MINDS WANT ALL THE DETAILS!!! LOL YOUR WHOLE FAMILY WILL BE ON NS SOON. PEOPLE KEEP ASKING ME IF I HAVE LOST WEIGHT AND I AM BECOMING A NS AND ALSO A MICHAEL THURMOND POSTER CHILD!!! LOL ANYWAY....GOOD LUCK WITH THIS JUMP START!!!\

Rocker Chick 04-29-2006 10:38 AM

hey still waiting on my food so I can get started! I also looked into OA meetings in my town. I think I'm ready to take that first step!

readyfreddy 04-29-2006 02:33 PM

big- sounds awesome!!!!! you can totally do it! a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step :)

mel- woohhooo for some extra $$. i just applied for a position that pays just under 13 bucks an hour and all i have to do is "monitor" a room. Im hoping i can just sit there and do my case reading. ;)

on a happier note yesterday was my last day of classes as a 1st year law student!!! now if i can just get through these next two weeks of finals...... ;)

on a not so happy note, yestderday i went to the store and got a pint of hagan daaz and a bag of cookies and at all of both! :( self sabotage much?? i felt soo sick after. i feel okay this am... im just getting right back on NS and drinking LOTS of water and not even thinking about weighing till wed.

i think im starting to get a bit sick of the food and the only things i have left are the rejects that i dont really want to eat. plus i am not getting my veggies and fruits like i should.

the good news is that my new shipment should be here any day!! im hoping i will feel some renewed dedication ;)

im also refocusing on how much ns costs me. not too much if i dont go off plan... but way too much if i am eating nonplan food (in addition to plan) and not losing my weight. SO...get my butt in gear right?!

this is always my hardest point dieting... i get to about 135 and then i actually feel like i look okay and then the motivation for dieting goes WAY down.... but then i gain back a lb or two and i feel HUGE. i just want to get to like 130-128 so i can gain a lb or two and not get worried i am going to go back over 140. (which for some reason is the "danger zone" in my head lol... and also the point at which weight charts start characterizing me as overweight...) i know it says 120 in my siggie.... but....i was hoping that if i told myself extra low i wouldnt do this stop at 135 lol. apparently it didnt work. i think 128 is prob a better weight for me.

okay sorry for the NOVEL. ;) time to study study!

have a good weekend!

SkinnyAgainSoon 04-29-2006 02:39 PM

Hey everyone! Thanks for the big welcomes from all of you! Man, this is such a GREAT group! Everyone is so incredibly encouraging!

Anyway, this is day 4 on NS and its going great so far. I'm starting to recognize when my danger times are and I'm most likely to binge. Just knowing that makes it so much easier! AND I don't feel tired anymore. I have 4-year old twins, and everyday I take a nap with them because I'm exhausted. But yesterday was the first day in I don't know how long, that I didn't even feel sleepy at all. I don't know if it has anything to do with NS or not, but I'll take it!

QUESTION: Do you ladies really drink the 64 oz. of water each day? I am having such a hard time with that. I truly dislike water. Maybe I'll try Crystal Light - zero carbs and only 40 calories in 64 oz.

Okay, kids screaming gotta go

MELODY525 04-29-2006 08:59 PM

Freddy~ OMG!!!! 2 of my favoriteds and you didn't invite me???? :tantrum: lol sending some :hug: and hope you are treating yourself better. Portion control!!!! Neither of the items would be bad if it was a portion each. so hang in there cause you have come so far!!!!

Big~ we'll be here for every step!!! or most of them at least!! lol sometimes I get busy. good luck!!!

Skinny~ great work on day 4. Keep going! I peraonally drink between 5-7 glasses a day and one of Crystal lite. I'm being honest here! lol

I have much to do tomorrow and company so I will see you all Monday!! Have a safe and happy Sunday and stay well!!!

vikki50 04-30-2006 04:28 PM

Hello all. I have finally had time to catch up. This week hasn't been too bad. I did go off diet just a tad.. My daughter got married Fri. night. Very small, we went out to eat afterward and do all the toasting and celebrating. I had a 1/2 a KC strip, grilled veggies, and a baked potato. I did put too much sour cream and butter on it, but didn't eat the whole thing. I also had 2 bites of the most delicious Carmel fudge cheesecake you ever tasted. It was so hard not to eat more. But I did it!!! Plus champagne!!! I was totally suprised when I stepped on the scales this morning and had lost 2 lbs.
I hope it stays off. Tomorrow is weigh in. I guess we will see!!

Welcome to everyone new. I have been on this since Mar 13. I'm not losing really fast, but I am losing, so just hang in there, it will work!!

Hey Mel, What is Pauls bundt cake? How do you make it? I must have missed that post. Sounds good, I need to try a few different things, as I am starting to get tired of the same food too.

Here's wishing everyone a 100% week!!!

Rocker Chick 04-30-2006 05:52 PM

Hey thanks guys! It really means alot! My first meeting will be thursday night. I will let you all know how it goes!

MELODY525 04-30-2006 06:39 PM

Paul's Apple Bundt Cake

Here's a creative approach to using the NutriSystem pancake mix from NutriSystem member Paul. With fall approaching, it could be a perfect cool weather "comfort food" breakfast.

Counts as 1 Breakfast Entrée + 1 Fruit Serving + 1 Dairy/Protein Serving + Free Foods

Ingredients

* 1 package of NutriSystem Pancake Mix
* 1 egg
* ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce
* ¼ tsp. vanilla
* ¼ tsp. cinnamon
* 3 packages Splenda® (or sweetener equal to 1 Tbsp. of sugar)
* 12 squirts I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray(ICBINB)
* 2 Tbsp. any calorie-free maple-flavored syrup

Directions

1. Place pancake mix, cinnamon and sweetener in a large microwave safe bowl (Paul uses a 3" x 4.5" wide ceramic cereal bowl) and mix; add egg, applesauce, and vanilla and stir thoroughly until all ingredients are well mixed.
2. Leave in bowl and place in microwave. Cook in microwave on high for 3 minutes (longer if necessary). Finished product should resemble a small individual bundt cake (depending on dimensions of bowl used) and be moist with the texture of a sponge cake.
3. Turn upside down onto serving plate and spray with 12 squirts of ICBINB spray, and drizzle with syrup

**NOTE: I ONLY USE THE MIX, THE APPLESAUCE AND 1 WHOLE EGG. I USE MRS. BUTTERWORTH'S SF SYRUP ON TOP. I EAT IT RIGHT OUT OF THE BOWL I MIXED IT IN AND NUKED IT IN. I LOVE THIS STUFF. :p

VIKKI~ WOW GIRL....CONGRATULATIONS!!
:encore: :cheer: WISHING YOUR DAUGHTER AND HER NEW HUBBY ALL THE BEST!!! GREAT NEWS!!!:hug:

BIG~ WE'RE WITH YOU!!! GO GIRL GO!!! HAVE A GOOD MEETING AND DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE!!!!

Rocker Chick 05-01-2006 12:25 AM

Thanks Mel! I feel good about it...I'm ready for those 'flood gates' to open wide! =)

RubensMuse 05-01-2006 07:51 AM

Hey ladies! Been supper busy the last few days but you all were thought of :hug:

Vikki~ Great to see you back!!!

Skinny~ It is awesome to have you here with us! Personally I have found that once I started uping my exercise that I WANTED water/fluid more. That is what helps me alot. Or I drink SF flavored waters.

Mel~ I am so happy to see you are your old peppy self. :carrot: On May 15 those doctors better decide that you need to stay right here with us or I am packing my bags and making a house call to HIM. :devil:

Freddy~ I am with Mel..how dare you not invite us! Actually, I ate come choco-chip cookies this weekend myself. Sometimes that urge just wants to eat you alive. But I gave in then walked an extra mile that night.

Big~ I am so excited for you. I really think you will feel better about everything soon. Things will feel more in control, even if just a little, it is very rewarding. :hug:

As for the rest of you wonderful ladies....hope you are doing great!

And that Bundt Cake recipe is the BOMB! I eat mine with my FF whipped cream and no syrup. I have also added Almond extract to give it a more 'sweet' flavor too.

~~~~~ OK..today is weigh day and I have put it off......here goes....

229??!!!!!!! I am out of the 30's!!!!!!! :cb: :dance: :dancer: :woo:
Oh my gawd I never thought I get there!!!! That's 21 pounds so far!!! and that means a new present!!! Hmm, probably new walking shoes..no no a new pedometer!!!!! WhooHoo:carrot:

Wow I am still in shock......I do need to get going now and take my morning walk...and then off to Tampa with The Hub!!!!

Ladies, thank you so much for being so inspiring, encouraging and REAL, I get so frustrated with threads that never show anyone eating off plan, or seeming to do anything 'wrong'. We are ALL going to do this cause we have each other :) :grouphug:

wickedgrl_76 05-01-2006 10:04 AM

Good Morning Nutrichicks!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good except that saturday night I was bad! I went to Friday's with a bunch of friends & had 2 giant banana daiquiri's. And the worst part is that they were soooo good that I didn't feel bad. But I was good all week aside from that day. I got on the scale & again it didn't moved. This will be my 3rd week where it hasn't moved. I'm not giving up though. I have alot of major things coming up that I need to look fabulous for. I just gotta stay on track 100% this week. As long as I don't gain, I'll be ok. Have a good day ladies ;)

Rubens~ Congrats on your weight loss :cheer:

Rocker Chick 05-01-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubensMuse
Hey ladies! Been supper busy the last few days but you all were thought of :hug:

Vikki~ Great to see you back!!!

Skinny~ It is awesome to have you here with us! Personally I have found that once I started uping my exercise that I WANTED water/fluid more. That is what helps me alot. Or I drink SF flavored waters.

Mel~ I am so happy to see you are your old peppy self. :carrot: On May 15 those doctors better decide that you need to stay right here with us or I am packing my bags and making a house call to HIM. :devil:

Freddy~ I am with Mel..how dare you not invite us! Actually, I ate come choco-chip cookies this weekend myself. Sometimes that urge just wants to eat you alive. But I gave in then walked an extra mile that night.

Big~ I am so excited for you. I really think you will feel better about everything soon. Things will feel more in control, even if just a little, it is very rewarding. :hug:

As for the rest of you wonderful ladies....hope you are doing great!

And that Bundt Cake recipe is the BOMB! I eat mine with my FF whipped cream and no syrup. I have also added Almond extract to give it a more 'sweet' flavor too.

~~~~~ OK..today is weigh day and I have put it off......here goes....

229??!!!!!!! I am out of the 30's!!!!!!! :cb: :dance: :dancer: :woo:
Oh my gawd I never thought I get there!!!! That's 21 pounds so far!!! and that means a new present!!! Hmm, probably new walking shoes..no no a new pedometer!!!!! WhooHoo:carrot:

Wow I am still in shock......I do need to get going now and take my morning walk...and then off to Tampa with The Hub!!!!

Ladies, thank you so much for being so inspiring, encouraging and REAL, I get so frustrated with threads that never show anyone eating off plan, or seeming to do anything 'wrong'. We are ALL going to do this cause we have each other :) :grouphug:

Wow! I am so happy for you Rube!!!!! That is awesome! It gives you that extra little hitch in your giddy-up doesn't it??!!! I hope this week is as rewarding for you!:carrot:

vikki50 05-01-2006 12:11 PM

Good Morning All!!!! I did lose a 1 lb. 1 is better than nothing!!!

Mel, thanks for the recipe, I will def try it. Sounds delicious!!!

Ruben, good going ,, I can't wait until I get into the next lower digits. At a lb a week, it will be awhile... LOL

Glad everyone else is doing well.. LATER

MELODY525 05-01-2006 12:37 PM

:carrot: :cb: :cp: :bravo: :dance: :hat: :dancer: :flow2: :wizard: :balloons:
RUBEN~ GREAT JOB!!! :hug: CONGRATULATIONS MISSY!!! YOU MUST BE SOOOO VERY EXCITED. I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU TOO!! GOOD JOB!!!!

BIG~ LAST YEAT I WAS ON A BUS THAT HIT A BUMP AND ENDED UP WITH A COMPRESSED SPINE FOR 2 1/2 MONTHS. IT ENDED UP GIVING ME TIME ON MY HANDS AND AND MY FLOODGATES BURST WIDE OPEN TOO!! SO MY HEART IS WITH YOU EVEN THOUGH IT WAS FOR DIFFERENT REASONS. THIS IS A NEW YEAR FOR BOTH OF US!!! :hug:

WICKED~ :hat: BANANA??? MAKE THEM STRAWBERRY AND I'LL JOIN YOU!!! :rofl: I WAS WONDERING IF THE SCALE IS MOVING SLOWLY BECAUSE YOU ARE CLOST TO GOAL. THE LAST 10-15 LBS ARE THE HARDEST TO LOSE. BUT HANG IN THERE!

I AM HAVING A GREAT OP DAY. I WANT TO TRY TO GET AS MANY 100% DAYS AS I CAN THIS MONTH AND SEE IF MY BLOODWORK CHANGES. :crossed:
NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT...BUT WONDERING WHETHER TO ORDER MY 4TH MONTH OF FOOD OR WAIT TILL THE END OF THE MONTH:?: DECISIONS DECISIONS!!! :rofl:

MELODY525 05-01-2006 12:38 PM

PS~ WICKED...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :dance: :cb: :carrot: :encore: :cheer:

readyfreddy 05-01-2006 12:46 PM

vikki & ruben- keep on keepin on girls! youre doing AMAZING!!!! woohooo! :)

wicked- yeah i lost all of my 4 lbs in week 1-2 and now im going on week 6!! yikes!! haha...

but i am CONVINCED im going to stick to it this week.

my new motto is no pain no gain ;)

big- how did the meeting go?? they have an OA group in the support section here too if youre ever interested- but you better not leave us! 8)

okay.... its another day at the library for me! exam time is killer!

Rocker Chick 05-01-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readyfreddy
vikki & ruben- keep on keepin on girls! youre doing AMAZING!!!! woohooo! :)

wicked- yeah i lost all of my 4 lbs in week 1-2 and now im going on week 6!! yikes!! haha...

but i am CONVINCED im going to stick to it this week.

my new motto is no pain no gain ;)

big- how did the meeting go?? they have an OA group in the support section here too if youre ever interested- but you better not leave us! 8)

okay.... its another day at the library for me! exam time is killer!

Well the meeting is on thursday, wish me luck though, cause I"m a little nervous!:^:
I read some of the boards on OA, I haven't posted yet. I'm not going anywhere, you nutrichicks are AWESOME!!! :grouphug: :

RubensMuse 05-01-2006 10:35 PM

Big~~ Keep us up on your first day. We want your feedback so we are right there with you!!

readyfreddy 05-02-2006 01:46 AM

ooh my first exam is thurs and im a little nervous for that too ;) hopefully we both do stellar!!

im def interested how the meeting goes. i could probably benefit from one but am too scared to go. plus... i always feel like i have to explain to people that you can be a compulsive overeater and still be my size- because its not necessarily intuitive. lol i guess i feel like a fraud! please keep us updated! and also know that you are welcome to pm me if you ever need a little extra support! (although these gals are so great, it prob won't happen! haha but just so you know)

however a lot of that is behind me and i am MUCH better now! the ns def helps me figure out when, how much, and what to eat!

woohooo for mon.

i ate an on plan dinner tonight. i have just a bunch of the yicky leftovers and beef dishes (i dont eat beef) from my first order... at first i thought id just eat it... but i think im going to send that stuff back- why be unhappy when theres so much good stuff!?! right!!?

also... feeling pretty good... guess i am up one or two lbs. am thinking about not weighing wed (my normal weigh day) and just sticking to plan from wed-wed and then weighing and i know if i can do that i will get past this plateau!

other than that... not too much new here!

happy tuesday!

MELODY525 05-02-2006 07:49 AM

FREDDY~ HAPPY STUDYING!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE EXAM THURSDAY!! CONGRATS ON YESTERDAY. I THINK WEIGHING NEXT WEEK IS A GOOD IDEA. GIVES YOURSELF A WEEK TO BE BACK ON TRACK.

BIG~ JUST TAKE US ALL WITH YOU IN YOUR BACK POCKET. WE WILL BE THERE IN SPIRIT WITH YOU ON THURSDAY. REMEMBER TO TAKE ALL THE POSITIVE STUFF TO HEART AND LEAVE ALL THE NEGATIVE JUNK THERE.
WE'LL BE ROOTING FROM THE SIDELINES! :cheer:

:wave: TO EVERYONE ELSE!

I HAD A GREAT DAY YESTERDAY. FREEZING MY BUTT OFF TODAY! :rofl: MY NEXT DR IS ON THE 15TH AND I AM A WEE BIT NERVOUS ABOUT IT. HOPE ALL THE TESTS WILL COME BACK OK. NOT GOING TO THINK ABOUT IT TILL THEN:rofl:
HAPPY TUESDAY!!!

Rocker Chick 05-02-2006 11:05 AM

you are guys are the greatest, literally like I've known you all for years! I talked to the contact for OA yesterday and she was really nice! I will share all that I walk away with each time I go. Oh hey, you guys can PM me anytime too! Freddy---I really appreciate the offer! Like I say each time......NUTRICHICKS ARE AWESOME!

RubensMuse 05-02-2006 11:46 AM

:hyper: I got my present, oh yes indeedie, I got my present, I'm so happe-e! :hyper:

Well I got my new pedometer as my gift to myself for getting to 20lbs! My old one was real simple only showed distance and time. My new one shows, distance, time, steps and calories burned! They didn't have the one I REALLY wanted but this one will work for now. I was happy about that. I think my next present will be new walking shoes. These should last me another 10 pounds (hopefully). The ones I have now just lack something in the support area at the heel and I think I need more there. My mom gave them to me as she could not wear them because of a bone spur in her foot or something like that. I need to do some research first though. I research everything before I buy it. I am such a nerd. :twirly:

I did eat off-plan yesterday, but no bad choices, so I was proud of myself there too. We were too far from home for so long yesterday so we had no choice. Today I am back on the NS and will be for the rest of the week. I have to go back on weighing every week for a month per doc request. They are changing some of my medication and they have to monitor fluid increases (if any) and blood pressure. So I will be weighing on Monday as well as measuring. I think my mom is coming in this weekend too, so that should be fun!! We play canasta and laugh alot.

Well that is it for today. I have alot of water to drink today as I did not do so hot in that department for the last 2 days and I can tell the difference. I get an empty 1 liter bottle, then fill it with water and tell myself I have to finish that by days end...that really helps and challenges me too!

Ok ladies that is it for now from me! Take care and :hug: all around!!

Big~ Let us know about your first day, how you feel, you foods etc. Inquiring minds want to know! :chin:

wickedgrl_76 05-02-2006 01:39 PM

Good Afternoon Nutrichicks

How is everyone doing today? I'm doing good. I got back into doing my Turbo Jam yesterday. Last week I only exercised 2 days 'cause it was so hectic. But I got back on it yesterday & this morning because I can't workout tonight. I've also been 100% on NS since yesterday. It's such a pain when you get on the scale expecting to be down & it hasn't moved. But I'm not going to let this bring me down, I just gotta keep working hard. I've come too far to give up now. Plus I love all the compliments I've been getting, definately a plus. Have a great day ladies.

vikki50 05-02-2006 11:23 PM

I really blew it last night. My daughter had a birthday party. I even ate the cake. I didn't even do that at my own birthday.. I have been strickly on the NS diet all day today. Even trying to get in all 8 glasses. The funny thing is that I felt terrible after I ate it all. Way to full and really yucky. So stupid of me. It was just an uncontrolable moment. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it. This is the first time since I started that I have done anything like that. I will just be more aware next time when I feel that way.

Mel, glad to see that you are doing good. I know the Dr. will turn out fine. You've been doing so great.

Freddy good luck on your tests.

And everyone else so glad to see that you are all staying motivated. I keep reading your posts it really helps keep up the momentem.

Rocker Chick 05-03-2006 12:40 AM

Hey ya'll! Today is almost over for me, (Thank God!). The first day of a diet is such a hurdle, isn't it? I will be so happy to go to bed and put this day behind me! I have to say the food really does seem to keep me 'not hungry'. I am happy about that. But the urges to binge were almost unbearable today! Is there anything you do, or think about to gain control over this? I'm praying that I can walk away something, ANYTHING from the OA meeting this thursday night!

Ruben, thanks for that calorie counter...very helpful!

Stay motivated NUTRICHICKS!!! It's going to pay off in the end!

vikki50 05-03-2006 05:55 AM

Hi there Big,
When I want to binge, I always think about the price of the food, and the fact that I have tried everything else, and it didn't work. This works if you do it, and stick with it. It has to , you can't fail, everything is right there, it is a no brainer. You don't have to think about portion control, or what to fix. It is so easy, and it will work. I also try to remember the first week, you lose so much in the first week, it is a great motivater. If you stick with it, you will see a tremendous loss in just 6 more days. Go for little mini goals. I also treat myself once a week with a few bites of anything I want. So I just keep myself that on Sunday, if I do well all week, I can have anything I want or am craving. It has always worked for me except for at my daughters birthday. And I didn't even try to fight the urge to binge, I just did it. Now I am going to pay the price I know. That 1 time will ruin a whole week of dieting. SO stay strong!!! You can do this!!! Just keep talking to yourself, and take it 1 day at a time, until it becomes second nature. Good luck!!!!

MELODY525 05-03-2006 07:59 AM

RUBEN~ GLAD YOU GOT YOUR PRESENT. IT MAKES THE 20 LBS A VERY JOYOUS OCCASION!! CONGRATS AGAIN. BEING AWAY FROM HOME ALL DAY IS TOUGH. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I GO OUT TO THE HOSPITAL. BUT I THINK YOU GUYS DID A GOOD JOB. AFTER ALL, WE HAVE TO "LIVE"! LOL

BIG~ I SOMETIMES TALK MYSELF OUT OF IT BY USING COMMON SENSE. BUT LIKE VIKKI, I HAVE ALLOWED MYSELF A WEEKEND TREAT OF STARBUCK'S SKIMMED MILK FRAPPUCCINO IN A LITTLE BOTTLE. ONE SERVING SIZE AND EASIER TO CONTROL. I DECIDED THE FOOD IS A LOT OF MONEY TO WASTE AND ALL I AM DOING IS "DRAGGING" IT OUT IF I CONTINUE TO CHEAT.
CAUSE IN THE LONG RUN, I AM ONLY CHEATING MYSELF OUT OF HJEALTH. WE ALL GET THAT "AH HA" MOMENT WITH TIME WHERE YOU REALIZE YOU CAN AND WILL GAIN CONTROL. JUST KEEP TALKING GOOD THINGS TO YOURSELF. AND DO NOT WATCH TV FOOD PROGRAMS AND COMMERCIALS!!! :rofl:

WICKED~ SEEMS LIKE THE ENTIRE WORLD IS DOING TURBO JAM. A FRIEND CALLED LAST NIGHT AND SAID SHE GOT THAT AND A GAZELLE!!! GOOD TO SEE YOUR ATTITUDE ABOUT THE SCALE. IT MADE ME FEEL BETTER TOO! THANKS! :hug:

VIKKI~ I AM GLAD TO SEE YOU ATE THE CAKE AND AREN'T BEATING YOURSELF. I FIND THINGS LIKE THAT ARE PART OF MY LIFE AND AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T QUALIFY AS A BINGE OR OLD HABIT, THEN IT'S A GOOD THING. CONTROL AND PORTIONS ARE WHERE IT'S AT. AFTER ALL....CELEBRATIONS AND HOLIDAYS AREN'T GOING TO DISAPPEAR. :rofl:

FREDDY~ HOPE YOUR STUDYING IS GOING OK!!

I AM OFF TO THE LAUNDRY ROOM. YESTERDAY WAS 100% AND AM GOING FOR ANOTHER TODAY. YESTERDAY JEN AND I CLEARED OUT A DRESSER AND I THINK I CAN PUT MY BLANKETS IN THER AND GET RID OF AN OLD CEDAR CHEST. I COULD USE THE SPACE FOR ALL THE :moped: CHAIRS I HAVE. :lol3: A GOOD SPRING CLEANING WILL KEEP ME GOING!!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!! :sunny:

wickedgrl_76 05-03-2006 08:41 AM

Good Morning Nutrichicks :cofdate:

And a very good morning it is :dancer:. I got on the scale this morning & it finally happened. I'm down 2lbs :carrot:. I'm finally in the 150's!! I was stuck on 160 for the last 3 weeks, it was killing me. I was so excited, I even weighed myself a couple of times just to make sure my scale isn't acting up :goodscale:. I feel so great! I'm definately back on track. I gotta keep going. My brother-in-law is getting married April 07' & I'm in the wedding party so I need to look smokin'! I'm going for the first fitting on May 20th & my mini goal is to fit into the demo dress. For those who don't know what a demo dress is, it's the model dress at the store that they fit you & measure you in. So I was told that store carries an 8 & a 10. So I need to fit into one of those. I think I can do it if I keep losing 2lbs a week. I guess we'll have to see. Have a wonderful day all!

Mini-Me 05-03-2006 09:34 AM

Did anyone watch QVC yesterday? Nutrisystem was on, and the guest and callers said they fix a lot of the meals in the oven. According to them, it tastes better (they kept going on about baking the lasgna with some cheese on top).

I might try this

Rocker Chick 05-03-2006 11:05 AM

thank you vikki!!:hug: and mel:hug: last night was rough! Your words are great...I guess I kind of was talking to myself yesterday, I was like...."just get through the day, I am powerless to food, so STOP thinking about it, DON'T let it control you" ... I was fine all day and then I started to get hungry before bed and I started to get grouchy. My husband came up to me and had obviously JUST eaten something:cbg: ...I was so mad!!!:rollpin: I was like STOP BREATHING YOUR FOOD BREATH IN MY FACE!!!! :devil:

But you know what, I went to bed and slept great, probably from the walk I took yesterday!!! I feel great now--- renewed strength for another day:wl: !! I guess that is how it's done, right??? One day at a time!

How much week did ya'll lose in the first week?

have a great day! stay strong!:goodluck:

wickedgrl_76 05-03-2006 01:42 PM

Don't sweat it BIG. It'll get easier, I promise you. You just have to keep thinking about the awesome results you'll get & how great you feel. You just gotta keep your mind occupied with stuff. The first was rough but once you get trhough it, it's all good after that. My first week I lost 7lbs & it was such an amazing feeling. Don't worry about wat your hubby is eating 'cause you know that what you're doing is going to help you feel great. We're all here for you.

readyfreddy 05-03-2006 05:06 PM

ruben- yay for goodies! how are you liking it??

wicked- yeah for getting out of the 160s!!! rock on :)

big- you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously- i think by day 3 my cravings had majorly subsided. think of this as a detox for your bod. all that sugar all those carbs have been reeking havoc with your blood sugar- now your bod is just getting used to the fact that it doesn't have to work so hard! you will be so pleased to weigh in after you stick to it for a whole week!
also if you havent yet- i recommend taking your measurements....that way if theres ever a week you dont see the scale move- you can see the inches come off!!!

i got my food yesterday and am back in the saddle with some renewed vigor (?? spell sorry)

picked up some protiens to add...

got 12 eggs and hard boiled them for am protien
got string cheeses, laughing cow light spreadable cheese triangles, and some amazing white chedder individually wrapped slices. these all meet the requirements (laughing cow is even under) for a dairy/prot serving. all one ounce or under and under 80 cals. i love cheese yum.

i also got some little cocktail hotdogs- but the good news is i was able to get this brand (i want to say chiradlles or something....) that i like the big sausages... its chicken apple sausage. yum! so i can micro 3 little ones in the am for a quick protien serving.

also got some zuchinni for veggies for dinner... mmm...

and some nf milk for cereal.

bannanas and oranges (read today that 1/2 ban is a fruit serving so opps need to start eating only half)
anyways just wanted to share in case anyone was having a hard time with their protien servings. i love cheese and i love that these are individually wrapped. grab and go. ;-) and i cant "cheat" and cut a bigger slice. hehehe

vikki- no worries about a minor slip up! back on plan chica!

mini- i like the micro because of the convience- but lets hear how your lasagne turns out!

big good luck tomorrow!

alright back to studying for me!!!

Rocker Chick 05-03-2006 11:12 PM

I took my oldest and my youngest children to the grocery store today. I had to pick up some RX so I figured while I was waiting (worst place to have to be waiting, am I right?) I would get my son a reward (why am I rewarding with food? I know it's wrong!), for not biting his fingernails. What does he want? Donuts from the bakery and not just one either. Oh man, what was I thinking? My second day on a diet???? So I open the case and that smell hits me square in the face! Oh that smell! I just wanted to dive in...I was lost in it for about 15 seconds! I overcame though and haven't touched one yet! I just hope they get eaten soon (and not by me either!)! Today has been alot easier than yesterday! I still have to walk on the treadmill...BUT hey that's (almost) 2 days down now!!! yay

wickedgrl_76 05-04-2006 08:51 AM

Good Morning Nutrichicks

How is everyone this morning? Way to go BIG for over coming the donuts. I know it can be hard but you gotta stay strong. I think you should also encourage your children to eat healthier. It'll help you in the process also. Whenever you have your family eating healthy also, it definately helps you keep going strong without wanting to cheat. If you're going to reward them, you should do it with something better for them. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm preaching, I'm just trying to be supportive. Have a great day everyone.

MELODY525 05-04-2006 08:53 AM

WICKED! I AM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU(AND SECRETLY JEALOUS) A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance: :carrot: :cb:

Freddy~ I am the queen of grab and go or I over eat. My idea of a portion of chees is half a block!!! :faint: I too love the cow cheese and with celery and apples! YUM!

Big~ I am an admitted carboholic and it was and still is tough for me so that is why, like Wicked, I try and stay busy when the "attack of the munchies" hits me. I find cleaning closets and drawers takes my mind off things and they can actually use the clearing out!!! :rofl: My DD and her BF smoke and eat the foods I love. When they come here I could just smack them in the head! :tantrum:
I know exactly how you feel!! :lol3: But we will survive.... another thing and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I was giving everyone food as treats or presents. Never realized what I was doing. Then one day my daughter and I sat down and she commented about it. Since then I have found other ways of showing love.
And it was good for me cause then it wasn't in the house tempting me either. Good luck and I think you are doing a great job and I love your attitude!

Mini~ I saw the QVC show also and thought I might try ther lasagna in the oven also. Made me want to go out and buy another toaster oven!!! :rofl:

Busy days for the next 2 days. i really need to finish this living room and Friday is food shopping and my chairs return:cheer: I cannot wait cause this one is so short I can't reach everything!! :tantrum:
Have a wonderful day!! :sunny:

Rocker Chick 05-04-2006 10:58 AM

I totally agree with you guys...this ALL is going to be a life style adjustment that is going to take time for me (and my family) adjust to. I would be more strict about it, but my mother in law is visiting here, and she has never been on a diet in her life. It's not worth the arguement to get through the next two weeks before I start changing the families diet. Although I KNOW donuts are not ok, if I knew how to eat healthy I wouldn't be on n/s that supplies the food for me. Tonight is my first OA meeting, I really am trying to turn my life around, but it's going to take one step at a time, one day at a time!

wickedgrl_76 05-04-2006 12:09 PM

BIG I know it's hard but it will get better. If you feel you have to reward your kids, try something healthier. If you can't change their lifestyle all at once, try changing little things. It will definately help you alot not having all the horrible temptations. As far as your mother in law being around, she's going to have to accept it & be supportive fo your new lifestyle. This is important to you & you should be around people that are going to help you succeed. My family has been incredibly supportive & I think that's what makes me keep going when I reach a hump. Good luck.

AmericanWomansong 05-04-2006 01:16 PM

pizza cermaic tile thangy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mini-Me
Did anyone watch QVC yesterday? Nutrisystem was on, and the guest and callers said they fix a lot of the meals in the oven. According to them, it tastes better (they kept going on about baking the lasgna with some cheese on top).

I might try this

I took my NS pizza and put some pre-shredded mozarella on it, cut up some carrots and broccoli...and added cayenne & garlic salt to the sauce. Put it on my pizza cermaic tile thangy in my oven and cooked it. The pizza thangy is BIG and I felt like I was wasting energy for my tiny lil' pizza, but I kept repeating to myself "You're worth it...you're worth it". It tasted pretty good that way.

I will admit though, I am pretty lazy. I will only do this to crisp any cheese on top of NS Entrees.

On another note, I ate a BUNCH of Popeye's chicken last weekend. I came by my mom's house and between my old baby-sitter from long long ago being in the ICU, hovering between life & death...and work stress...etc...I lost it and ate the comfort food.

Whenever I am feeling emotional, I must really watch it.