Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #31  

Did anyone watch QVC yesterday? Nutrisystem was on, and the guest and callers said they fix a lot of the meals in the oven. According to them, it tastes better (they kept going on about baking the lasgna with some cheese on top).

I might try this
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #32  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

thank you vikki!! and mel last night was rough! Your words are great...I guess I kind of was talking to myself yesterday, I was like...."just get through the day, I am powerless to food, so STOP thinking about it, DON'T let it control you" ... I was fine all day and then I started to get hungry before bed and I started to get grouchy. My husband came up to me and had obviously JUST eaten something ...I was so mad!!! I was like STOP BREATHING YOUR FOOD BREATH IN MY FACE!!!!

But you know what, I went to bed and slept great, probably from the walk I took yesterday!!! I feel great now--- renewed strength for another day !! I guess that is how it's done, right??? One day at a time!

How much week did ya'll lose in the first week?

have a great day! stay strong!
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 170/166/135

Don't sweat it BIG. It'll get easier, I promise you. You just have to keep thinking about the awesome results you'll get & how great you feel. You just gotta keep your mind occupied with stuff. The first was rough but once you get trhough it, it's all good after that. My first week I lost 7lbs & it was such an amazing feeling. Don't worry about wat your hubby is eating 'cause you know that what you're doing is going to help you feel great. We're all here for you.
wickedgrl_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #34  

Height: 5'5"

ruben- yay for goodies! how are you liking it??

wicked- yeah for getting out of the 160s!!! rock on

big- you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously- i think by day 3 my cravings had majorly subsided. think of this as a detox for your bod. all that sugar all those carbs have been reeking havoc with your blood sugar- now your bod is just getting used to the fact that it doesn't have to work so hard! you will be so pleased to weigh in after you stick to it for a whole week!
also if you havent yet- i recommend taking your measurements....that way if theres ever a week you dont see the scale move- you can see the inches come off!!!

i got my food yesterday and am back in the saddle with some renewed vigor (?? spell sorry)

picked up some protiens to add...

got 12 eggs and hard boiled them for am protien
got string cheeses, laughing cow light spreadable cheese triangles, and some amazing white chedder individually wrapped slices. these all meet the requirements (laughing cow is even under) for a dairy/prot serving. all one ounce or under and under 80 cals. i love cheese yum.

i also got some little cocktail hotdogs- but the good news is i was able to get this brand (i want to say chiradlles or something....) that i like the big sausages... its chicken apple sausage. yum! so i can micro 3 little ones in the am for a quick protien serving.

also got some zuchinni for veggies for dinner... mmm...

and some nf milk for cereal.

bannanas and oranges (read today that 1/2 ban is a fruit serving so opps need to start eating only half)
anyways just wanted to share in case anyone was having a hard time with their protien servings. i love cheese and i love that these are individually wrapped. grab and go. ;-) and i cant "cheat" and cut a bigger slice. hehehe

vikki- no worries about a minor slip up! back on plan chica!

mini- i like the micro because of the convience- but lets hear how your lasagne turns out!

big good luck tomorrow!

alright back to studying for me!!!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #35  

I took my oldest and my youngest children to the grocery store today. I had to pick up some RX so I figured while I was waiting (worst place to have to be waiting, am I right?) I would get my son a reward (why am I rewarding with food? I know it's wrong!), for not biting his fingernails. What does he want? Donuts from the bakery and not just one either. Oh man, what was I thinking? My second day on a diet???? So I open the case and that smell hits me square in the face! Oh that smell! I just wanted to dive in...I was lost in it for about 15 seconds! I overcame though and haven't touched one yet! I just hope they get eaten soon (and not by me either!)! Today has been alot easier than yesterday! I still have to walk on the treadmill...BUT hey that's (almost) 2 days down now!!! yay
Old 05-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #36  

Good Morning Nutrichicks

How is everyone this morning? Way to go BIG for over coming the donuts. I know it can be hard but you gotta stay strong. I think you should also encourage your children to eat healthier. It'll help you in the process also. Whenever you have your family eating healthy also, it definately helps you keep going strong without wanting to cheat. If you're going to reward them, you should do it with something better for them. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm preaching, I'm just trying to be supportive. Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:53 AM   #37  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WICKED! I AM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU(AND SECRETLY JEALOUS) A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Freddy~ I am the queen of grab and go or I over eat. My idea of a portion of chees is half a block!!! I too love the cow cheese and with celery and apples! YUM!

Big~ I am an admitted carboholic and it was and still is tough for me so that is why, like Wicked, I try and stay busy when the "attack of the munchies" hits me. I find cleaning closets and drawers takes my mind off things and they can actually use the clearing out!!! My DD and her BF smoke and eat the foods I love. When they come here I could just smack them in the head!
I know exactly how you feel!! But we will survive.... another thing and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I was giving everyone food as treats or presents. Never realized what I was doing. Then one day my daughter and I sat down and she commented about it. Since then I have found other ways of showing love.
And it was good for me cause then it wasn't in the house tempting me either. Good luck and I think you are doing a great job and I love your attitude!

Mini~ I saw the QVC show also and thought I might try ther lasagna in the oven also. Made me want to go out and buy another toaster oven!!!

Busy days for the next 2 days. i really need to finish this living room and Friday is food shopping and my chairs return I cannot wait cause this one is so short I can't reach everything!!
Have a wonderful day!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #38  

I totally agree with you guys...this ALL is going to be a life style adjustment that is going to take time for me (and my family) adjust to. I would be more strict about it, but my mother in law is visiting here, and she has never been on a diet in her life. It's not worth the arguement to get through the next two weeks before I start changing the families diet. Although I KNOW donuts are not ok, if I knew how to eat healthy I wouldn't be on n/s that supplies the food for me. Tonight is my first OA meeting, I really am trying to turn my life around, but it's going to take one step at a time, one day at a time!
Old 05-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #39  

BIG I know it's hard but it will get better. If you feel you have to reward your kids, try something healthier. If you can't change their lifestyle all at once, try changing little things. It will definately help you alot not having all the horrible temptations. As far as your mother in law being around, she's going to have to accept it & be supportive fo your new lifestyle. This is important to you & you should be around people that are going to help you succeed. My family has been incredibly supportive & I think that's what makes me keep going when I reach a hump. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:16 PM   #40  
supaphatchick

Default pizza cermaic tile thangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Me
Did anyone watch QVC yesterday? Nutrisystem was on, and the guest and callers said they fix a lot of the meals in the oven. According to them, it tastes better (they kept going on about baking the lasgna with some cheese on top).

I might try this
I took my NS pizza and put some pre-shredded mozarella on it, cut up some carrots and broccoli...and added cayenne & garlic salt to the sauce. Put it on my pizza cermaic tile thangy in my oven and cooked it. The pizza thangy is BIG and I felt like I was wasting energy for my tiny lil' pizza, but I kept repeating to myself "You're worth it...you're worth it". It tasted pretty good that way.

I will admit though, I am pretty lazy. I will only do this to crisp any cheese on top of NS Entrees.

On another note, I ate a BUNCH of Popeye's chicken last weekend. I came by my mom's house and between my old baby-sitter from long long ago being in the ICU, hovering between life & death...and work stress...etc...I lost it and ate the comfort food.

Whenever I am feeling emotional, I must really watch it.
AmericanWomansong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #41  

thanks wicked, you're exactly right..,that is a wonderful way to change the kids lifestyle...if I feel I must reward to do it, with healthier "treats" ---BRILLIANT! ((The light bulb just came on))! As for my mother in law...she is old and very very southern...she'll never be supportive (of her own family) so NEVER for me! But my hubby is good and he does he TRY to keep her line!
Old 05-04-2006, 01:29 PM   #42  

Hey nutrichicks let me ask you all a question. For breakfast you eat, a fruit (or juice) and a dairy or protein. So just to clarify...I could have a whole fat free, light yogurt with my n/s pancakes, and a 1/2 cup of OJ?? Or even I could've scrambled an egg instead of the yogurt???? Is this right?
Old 05-04-2006, 02:52 PM   #43  
Buggin' with Pugs

You are burning Wicked!! Great job!!! It is so great to go to the next group of 10's isn't it. Now I have to concentrate on getting out of the 20's.

Big ~ To be honest. I had the most awful urges in the first week. I seemed to want everything I couldn't have. Did you get your free food list?? If you didn't let me know and I will get it too you. That list was MY savior. For my sweet tooth craving I had FF whipped cream with my fruit and a few other things. I made a challenge to myself to stay on plan, but work with what was given to me to fulfill that urge. I don't know if this will help, but hope so.

Ladies my SIL finally got her shippment last night and she will become a Nutrichick on Monday!!!!
I am so excited for her! She is giving herself the weekend to prepare and shop and so forth. I had to do that too. I told her I will hit the diet solid and totally on plan with her Monday so she is not alone in this. I've been able to eat off plan some and still lose, but I will keep it strict if it means helping her out. Her only son is getting married in August and she wants to be in better 'shape' before then.

Well I am dying for my Turbo Jam DVD to arrive. It is getting too hot to walk these days and I want to be able to do something indoors. I mean it has been like 2 weeks!!! Where is the thing? They said it shipped. errrr.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well!!! Later Chickies you are all sooooo awesome, even the cake eaters
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #44  
Buggin' with Pugs

Big~~ yes and yes your meals sound right inline!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #45  
Buggin' with Pugs

Big~ Darling did you measure yourself as well as weigh the first day? If you didn't I almost beg you to do so. You will see inches come off even when the scale is pokey. It will really help after a few weeks and things start to get 'boring'. I measure and all this dieting makes sense and I can go another day, week, whatever.

If you do measure, do hips, thighs, calves, biceps, neck and waist