1) I found the list of additional foods online, but was wondering how much of that you incorporate into you meal plan on a daily basis? I can not find the "meal plan" anywhere on line.
2) How does the food taste? be honest Is it like eating a healthy choice or lean cuisine frozen meal?
3) Can someone send me the "pay it forward" coupon from the NS website so I can get a $15 coupon (and they will too). I will pm you my email addy if you are willing!
4) Is the NS website the cheapest place to buy the food? I see it on Amazon and QVC...is it anywhere else?
~ You incorporate vegetables, fruits, and dairy-like skim milk or yogurt to fill out your entrees into full meals. Usually a handful of additions a day out of that group. The exact amount will depend on which calorie plan you are on-which will be chosen for you based upon your gender, weight, etc.
~ I personally have tried NS, and I don't think the entrees (lunches and dinners) are as good as a Lean Cuisine frozen meal. They are shelf stable-so the best comparisons I could give would be the shelf stable meals at the store-like the shelf stable Dinty Moore entrees. The desserts, generally, are very good though-and I liked the cereals and muffins pretty well when I sampled the items.
~ I personally think the cheapest place to buy Nutrisystem meals is Ebay. There are lots of folks who stop the plan and have food leftover, etc. The second cheapest would be from the NS site, and take advantage of their special with the free week's food with the purchase of 4 weeks meals. The thing about Amazon and QVC, is that you can't choose your individual meals-so you may end up with a few things that you don't like.
Start weight after baby #3: 233.9
Current weight: 143
90 pounds lost!
I would rather buy and eat HC or lean cusienes and pay myself the additional $$. I thought the entrees were TERRIBLE.... Could you just order the desserts/snacks and supplemement.
There is a review of NS on the home page of this website too.
I myself tried the frozen food approach. It did not work for me. I need everything really really easy. I also need things to be low GI to lose weight. I have a harder than average time losing weight (even confirmed by more than one doctor).
YMMV, this is my story...
1) The meal plan is NOT available online. Order the FREE booklet and it shows the meal plan. Weird, huh.
2) Food is good for the most part. You'd better like soy since it is in everything N/S makes. You don't taste it though. I find the food to be pretty good honestly...except the noodle soups for lunch. I add a lot of hot sauce to those.
3) I don't know how the coupon thing works besides me refering you and getting 15 dollars off my food. If I can get you 15 dollars off yours, tell me where to go and what to do...I would do that for you.
4) I think the price is the same everywhere you go for N/S. It is pretty cheap in the beginning...289 dollars for 5 weeks. I eat out a lot so for me, it was not too expensive.
Look at my ticker...I have lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks! Sure, I only lost 1/2 a pound the first 2 weeks...but I got aunt flow yesterday so that may be the reason.
I pay for the portion control since I have very little time and will power. I also again can not do Weight Watchers...too much time taken up. I do not need the accountability factor...my endo doctor puts the fear of God into me everytime I gain weight since I will certainly get diabetes if I don't keep reaching for healthy habits. When I get 20 lbs off...I am allowed to go off my drugs for pre-diabetec! I also have foot problems...and my glucose was 92 last time checked. I am fighting the battle for my health.
I actually think their food is pretty good. Alot better than what people are saying. The only thing I found that I didn't like was the salisbury steak & the eggs. Everything else has been pretty good... specially their italian foods. I really like doing it for the convenience & it actually works. I've lost 22lbs in about 3 months so I'm pretty happy with what it's doing to me.
Time for my two cents!!!
I have been on NS since 3/13 and am down 17 pounds. Prior to that, I tried every diet known to man and have NEVER lost that much in that time frame. I find the food about 90% good. Some of it I just don't like so I send it back for things I do enjoy. I was a bit of a 'gourmet' eater prior to this plan so it was an adjustment, but I make my salads and fruits as scruptous as I can!
My advice would be to get just a week to see if it will work for you. That is what I did..I am in my 2nd month. Give NS a call and see what they can do for you
I have been on it a month and have lost 14 lbs and absolultely LOVE the food. The only things that I found not so great were the eggs and the pasta parmasean lunch entree. The lasagna is definately one of my favorites. And their snacks!! YUMMY! I read the review of NS here on this site before I even bought it and to be honest...I am glad I did not listen to that review. This plan is teaching me to be conscious of my portion control and exactly what nutrients I need at each meal. I never got that with any other diet before. I highly recommend you give it a try.
I am a freak. Eggs are great. I requested a bunch of cheese and egg for breakfast. I love the biscotti too. My friends at church (husband and wife on N/S- husband lost 40 lbs & wife 20 lbs) HATE the biscotti. They hate the shakes too, which I love. We may do a swap and I would dump my noodle soups.
I am getting used to the smaller portions. But I do eat protein sometimes...string cheese (once a day if that) and more than once a day...lean luncheon meat (right now, organic turkey meat from Whole Foods).
I know just how you feel. It took me 2 months to decide to join Nutrisystem and 5 weeks and 13 pounds later, it was the best decision I've made when it comes to losing this weight.
Let me try to answer some of your questions.
1. If you join thru NS, you'll receive 5 weeks of food - one week free. I assume you are a woman, so with each meal, you will have a NS entree, a fruit or veggie or protein (these are the additional foods you're talking about). The total calories are 1200, but after speaking to a NS counselor, I am eating bet 1400 and 1500 a day, (I use the NS food diary online) because I was hungry and I exercise 5-6/week. I have no problems with working out, it was the overeating that kept me fat. This program has given me portion control and I am NOT hungry on this plan.
2. Is the food good? (That was my big issue) Surprisingly, yes, the food is good. I wasn't fond of the eggs either, but the Italian entrees are very good -so are the cereals, granola bars, Nutripeptide bars, and desserts. You can do so much with the pancake mix it's ridiculous. Go to the Jazzman dot com site - it is wonderful and you get a lot of support there.
3. If you private message (PM) me, I'll be glad to do the pay it forward thing with you. Sign on to nutrisystem dot com site and go the the Daily dose - which I find to be very inspirational and helpful. Next to the blurb for the day is a butterfly. If you click on the butterfly every day for 50 days, you'll also get 10 bucks off.
4. As others have said, you can get the food off of E-bay and Amazon. And if you live in California, apparently some stores are selling NS food. I thought about doing the QVC thing, but I saw the ad in Woman's World Magazine and ordered directly from NS. I'm on my second order and they gave me a bear because I lost 10 pounds - kinda corny, but very motivating. Every 10 lbs you get a bear. I have a ways to go, but I really think I'm worth the money. God knows how much I've spent at McDonalds, Burger King and my former love, Taco Bell. It's less than 10 bucks a day. I'm happy I made the decision.
I hope this helps. But whatever you decide to do, I wish you well...
It's not a butterfly any more - changed to a beach ball with the summer. So go to Daily Dose and click on the beach ball every day. When you get 50 clicks you will get $10 off the next autoship order. Good luck to you - I've been on the plan since 1/28 and I'm down 26lbs!!!! Picture me Happy Happy!!
Today is day 3 for me and I am really LOVING this food. I do not like any kind of Oriental food, so I chose Orange Beef for dinner to get it over with lol. Surprise surprise---I really like it! I will order it for sure when I do my customized package next month.
So far everything has been good except the biscotti. I had the Almond and it's just too dry. Ugh. But every other thing I've had has been wonderful!