Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:53 AM   #106  
Deb

Good morning Nutrichicks!!

It's a beautiful spring morning here in Tallahassee! Can't wait to get out in my yards.

Well I weighed in the morning and lost 1 lb. Could be worse - I could have gained and I'm thrilled with every pound I lose. This is the easier diet I have ever been on - doesn' even seem like a diet. Of course, I would love to lose the weight quicker but it really seems to be the healthy way to lose. On plan since 1/28 and down 19.6 lbs. WOO HOO!! Actually to the point that some of my clothes don't fit anymore.

Rubens - gosh I hope you feel better soon - it you are too sick to eat chocolate you must be really sick!!!

Wicked - WTG 2 lbs. in two days What an inspiration you are for everyone.

Mel - glad you are doing okay with your out of town visitors - Stay
strong

Vikki, Freddy and all the rest of the Nutrichicks - have a wonderful Easter and be careful out there.

Deb
DebDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:20 AM   #107  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HOPE THE EASTER DAY IS GOING WELL!!!
MY FAMILY DRAMA IS OVER NOW AND THE RELATIVES ARE COMING TO SAY GOODBYE!!
NO PROBLEM STAYING STRONG DEB...THANKS!!
I WAS A GOOD GIRL AND WEIGH IN AT 178 STILL!!
STAYED ON MY NS PLAN AND THEY ALL ATE OUT SO AS NOT TO TEMPT ME EXCEPT for ONE NIGHT AND I HAD LASAGNA WHILE THEY HAD PIZZA etc. IT ALL WORKED OUT WELL.
JEN STILL HAS THE "5 LB BUNNY" SHE BOUGHT ME AND I NEED TO LOSE 1/2 LB TO GET HER!!! LOL I THINK HER IDEA IS A GOOD ONE. IT WOULD TAKE ME FOREVER TO GET 10 LBS OFF!
HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL WEEKEND. I AM GLAD MINE IS ALMOST OVER!!
HAPPY EASTER!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #108  

Happy Easter!!! I am new to 3fc and Ns, I am excited to have friends to talk with. It's good to know that we are all experiencing similar events in our weight loss challenges. I thought it was just me. It's encouraging me to get out and walk. Have a great day.
bumpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #109  
Happy September

TO BUMPEY!! MOVING IT IS A GOOD THING!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE WALKS AND NS PLAN!!

HOLIDAY WENT WELL AND I WILL CONFESS TO A FEW PIECES OF CHOC. COVERED MINI PRETZELS. I THINK I DID VERY WELL THOUGH. MUCH DIFFERENT THAN OTHER RECENT HOLIDAYS. STILL WEIGHED IN AT 178. GUESS THE SCALE IS NOT MOVING ANYTIME SOON!
HAPPY MONDAY! HAVE A GOOD WEEK EVERYONE!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:39 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 170/166/135

Good Morning Nutrichick

Well actually it hasn't been a good morning for me. I weighed myself & it said I was up 4lbs!!! Then I weighed myself again 'cause I knew that couldn't be right & it said I was up 5lbs!!! Does anyone know if a digital scale could be off? I didn't do anything bad at all this week to have gained that much weight. I even upped an extra day of working out so instead of exercising 4 days I did 5. I'm very upset & feel very discouraged. I worked so hard this past week & it back fired. I'm trying to find an answer to how gaining that much in 5 days is possible. That's enough weight that I would be able to feel it in my clothes & on my body but I don't. If anyone has an answer, please let me know. I'm feeling very blue right.
wickedgrl_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:10 PM   #111  
Deb

Wicked:

Gosh I can understand you being blue . I'm totally depressed if my scales show anything but a loss.

Could it be water weight or TOM? Of course, both of those really make a
difference. I also notice that if I drink alcohol I seem to hold water the next day and my weight will be up.

Are you weighing at the same time every day? My weight changes throughout the day so I make sure to always weigh at the same time.

Try to just look at the long term - you have done great far so and I'm sure you will continue to do great!!

Deb
DebDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #112  

Hi Deb

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still trying to figure it out. I weigh myself at the same time every monday & my TOM isn't for another 2 weeks. As far as alcohol, I had a very small amount of wine with dinner last night but that's it. Even on the weeks hat I've been really bad, I've never gained. I've either lost like 1lb or stayed the same. Something just doesn't seem right. I'm going to wait & weigh myself on wednesday like I did last week & hopefully things will be normal. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been like 1 or 2lbs... but 5!! That's crazy. Specially that I've been good & workout 5 days a week (cardio). My day is not going so good because I can't stop thinking about it. Anyway. I hope everyone else is having a better day than me.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #113  

Default new here - week 4 on NS

Hello all. I'm new here (or back from a verrrryy long absence). I have been on NS for almost four weeks and have done fairly well, well enough to stay motivated which is more than I can say for most of my attempts. I have a very long way to go, but hopefully with some support, I can do this. Looking forward to getting to know you and share our ups and downs.
gb2gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:01 AM   #114  

Height: 5'5"

wicked- OUCH! i feel your pain sista! i HATE seeing the scale go up. I'd recommend doing a flush tomorrow (ie drinking water until you float) and seeing if that helps! i am going to be doing the same if you need any water drinkin support.

im sooo worried i will have gained this week... ive been bbbaaaddd and under a lot of stress. ahhhh so the most i can do is stick to the plan tomorrow and flush flush flush for weigh in wed.

hope everyone else is doing better!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:44 AM   #115  

Good Morning Nutrichicks

Don't punish yourself Freddy... you're allowed to be bad once in a while as long as you get right back on track. That's all that matters. Good Luck. I think something is wrong with my scale & I'm not trying to make an excuse. My hubby saw how upset I was about it yesterday so he got on the scale to show me that there is something wrong with it. His weight was way off too. And then this morning I weighed myself to see where I was & I'm down 2lbs since yesterday. That can't be right. So I need to go get a better scale otherwise I'm going to go insane everytime it doesn't show the numbers going down. On a lighter note, my sisters started NS yesterday. She's crazy because she doesn't need to lose weight at all but she wants to drop like 10-15lbs so she's trying it for the 5 weeks. Anyway. Have a great day all!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 210/201/150

Hi everyone. It hasn't been a very good week for me. With my birthday and Easter, and unexpected company showing up for 3 days, I didn't stick as well as I should have. The pot luck dinner was a disaster, I just couldn't resist all that wonderful food. I only had 1 plate, and it wasn't totally full, but definitely not good. Then company showed up at my house with huge T-bone steaks to grill out. I was doomed before I started. Stepped on the scales and gained the 4 lbs back that I worked 3 weeks to lose.
How is it that it takes forever to lose it and 2 days to gain it back.

Freddy , I will try your flush idea, I hope that works.
This has taught me though that you can't go off the plan even for a few days as my body just wants to suck those calories in and keep them.
vikki50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #117  
Happy September

I see lots of hugs are in order

Wicked~ just get a new scale and whatever that one says...even if it's not the same as where you were...stick with it. When I bought a new one, I was a bit heaviewr than the old one but it was unreliable. So now I have a new one and you will see, it helps. Good luck and stay calm!!!

Vikki~ It's another week and all our company is gone. Yesterday was a very bad day for me and I don't want to even thin k about it!! LOL so let's just get back up again and restart our plan with a clear mind and a smile!!

Freddy~ You cracked me up but I will go and get more water now that you mention it!! One way or the other we will get there!!! LOL But smiling is the best way!

back GB!! good luck and good to see another face here. The more support the better.

to Deb!!! So how are you doing?????

where is Ruben and the rest???????HELLOOOOOOO
Old 04-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #118  
Buggin' with Pugs

Hey Chicks!!!
I have been a sickypoo for the last few days. Nothing really awful, but I was trying to get something. I was very tired, headaches and a sore throat. I just slept and slept. Guess I needed it. I see was all had a good holiday weekend, glad to hear it.

to all the new Nutrichicks and those that have come back to the roost

Ladies, I must confess something....I ate....uh, er,......ENTEMANS! Not just any Enteman's but the chocolate chip coffee cake....and not just a piece but 2 pieces...big pieces. I would love to blame that on my being sick, but it just doesn't pass. One good thing, is that I counted those calories and deducted them from the rest of the days. It was not pretty. Thank gawd this Monday was not my weigh day.

I did measure though and lost a total of 3.25 inches! That is over 7 inches all together! I am pleased! My clothes are loose for sure and that is good for now. I would HATE to see what the scale says. after that coffee cake binge. Don't EVEN look at the calories per piece on that thing ladies.

Wicked~~~ a few ideas...try a different scale, just this once, to compare and confirm any issues you might have with your scale. Also, are you weighing in the same clothes or nude??? Have you consumed alot of caffeine or salt?? (caffeine makes you retain water as does salt). And in your working out, are you lifting weight? (you might be building solid mass/protein and this can alter the scale, if this is the case, once the body readjusts the aminos then you will see a big drop on the scale in a week or two). And speaking of....

For all of you that ARE just recently added weight lifting or exercise that that you did not in the past....please read this for some encourgement...

Excerpt from one of my weight lifting magazines:

...."I've heard from more than a few people who have actually gained (scale) weight their first few weeks. Your body is probably not at all used to the strength training and the change in metabolic wastes, and is hoarding fluid. But your body is great at adapting to changes, and will adapt to this too. In any case, I certainly wouldn't put too much emphasis on on just a few weeks results, because a lot of fluid volume changes happen then. From this point on, you should get a better read, but the scale is probably the worst way to measure progress. As long as you are hitting the right intensities, carefully limiting your portions, and feeling generally warm and a little sore all day, the program IS working, whether you can see it right away or not. Stay with it."

I hope this helps us ALL with the ScaleDemon!!!
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:36 PM   #119  

Hey Ruben

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. I'm still trying to shake this cough from a left over flu I had 2 weeks ago. It just doesn't want to leave. Don't worry about the cake, we're all human & have cravings. Don't be too hard on yourself. A friend of mine suggested that I recalibrate the scale, which I hadn't even thought of that because it's a digital scale & thought they were always accurate. But I'm going to try that & if that doesn't work, I will get a new one. I'm not freaking out too much anymore. I'm not in a rush to lose weight, I didn't gain it overnight. I want it to come off in a healthy way. I'm drinking so much water I feel like it's going to come out of my nose. Thank you ladies for the hugs & encouragement. It helps me feel better to know that I'm not the only one going through this stuff. Have a good one all
Old 04-18-2006, 09:34 PM   #120  

Height: 5'5"

hey everyone! well i didn't even manage to stick to my plan today! im siiiick and i feel like crap and i blaming it on that. lol. i needed some comfort food so i traded out ns lunch for a bagel and lots of cream cheese and potatoe chips. YIKES! plus i had a ton of cough drops today! anyways... calorie wise i estimate i got like 1650... so not a HORRIBLE day but yeah not so hot. am expecting a 1-2 lb gain tomorrow... will let you know!

flush flush flush!

hahaha

ohhh and i need to call and fix my order (ie take out some things i didnt love and order more of what i did) before the 24th!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote