Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-27-2006, 03:42 PM   #151  

Hello ladies! I've been lurking around for a few days while waiting for my NS food to arrive. Today is my second day eating it and so far so good. I like it because of the convenience. (I hate cooking!) Its so nice to know I can have any meal done in 5 minutes However, I do have to say the Southwestern Chicken was a little on the icky side

It sounds like you all are doing very well on NS and seem to like it. Your weigh loss achievements are very encouraging! Congrats and keep up the good work! I hope to ease into this as well as the rest of you have and hope to have similar results. Right now, though, I just feel as though nothing is going to help me get rid of this weight. Ugh!
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #152  
supaphatchick

I am posting away....a regular posting machine. I am just excited N/S is WORKING for me! I have lost weight 2 times in my life all the way down to goal....I did N/S & then gained it back in the early 90s. I then did Jenny Craig some years later and lost the weight. JC is harder for me. The food did taste better but was so expensive.

I tried Weight Watchers after that...and Atkins...then south beatch. I got down from 274 lbs. to 220 (my lowest) when I went to Australia in 12/04 (walking around a lot in Canberra there in circles). I then came back to the states after that and kept gaining weight. My scale was different then my doctor's but i really do think I went up to 243 lbs. since my home scale nowadays seems to be working well. It totally scared me!

Going down 5 lbs. in 3 weeks (1/2 lbs the first two weeks, the 4 lbs. last week) has been wonderful! I feel like I have much more energy most of the times.

I have to go out tonight to eat with some friends from my church group at some restaurant in Milpitas. I am a bit nervous about that. I am going to try really hard to find a salad on the menu. If not, I will try really hard to order something healthy somehow (I think it is Asian).

I find for some reason I have a zillion dinners and am running out of lunches. I wonder what happened! I have only eaten out a few times, not that many. But my cubbard is full of N/S dinners and the lunches are dwindling down. My next shipment ships on 05/19 automatically. I might do a count and then call the office and see what I can do. I just don't think I could handle running out of things.

All in all, I am getting used to the program. I made some broccoli up at work (took a stalk, cleaned it....put it after tearing it into pieces into the microwave)...then added some fake margarine for fat (it is healthy for heart kind). I never do this sort of thing on my own!

I am hoping someday to be able to where some nicer clothes and be a hottie. I have always wanted to be a hottie. The health benefits would be nice too. As I lose weight, my PCOS issues get better and better as do my feet (2 medical conditions with them).

I will blab here whenever I need. I enjoyed reading through this btw.
AmericanWomansong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #153  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

I just bought the n/s today. I guess it will be a few days until I get it. I've been reading posts about what everyone has to say about it, and it sounds pretty good...aside from pricey, seems to be conveinient.
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:16 AM   #154  
Buggin' with Pugs

Skinny, Song and Big ~

Wow we are getting a great group here and I think that is the awesomist!!! (making up words again).

For the most part, for you new ladies, I can honestly say that I would not have had lost what I have without the help of NS. I have learned alot of things all of which will benefit me in the end. When I need MAJOR control, I stick to NS strictly. But I do reach outside from time to time to test myself. My true feeling is that someday I will have to go off NS and I need to be able to maintain a loss. I have to stop and think about what I eat.

Another VERY important thing I have learned is getting the nutritional information from ANY restaurant prior to eating there is crucial for me. Things that I once thought would be good choices, were soooo not the case. If you go to most restaurants websites (even fast food) they will have one to download. That way if we are out on the road and lunch time comes, I have my weapons ready!!!!

I have also learned that exercise is important too. I am walking alot and getting ready to start Turbo Jam. I am finding that I am looking forward to my walks and my mid afternoon sleepy-haze has gone away.

I hope all you ladies have success!!! and I look forward to reading your posts. I know without 3FC my success would be much less. The support here is great

THANKS LADIES!
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:27 AM   #155  

Thank you Rubenmuse! And thanks for the info on restaurants. I was thinking about "when is a good time to start a diet?" you know when there's no holiday or birthday or plans in general. But I'll never start a diet if I wait for that! To be honest the hardest part for me would be 'what to eat' when you go out to eat. A salad? And even those aren't very safe, are they?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:45 AM   #156  
Buggin' with Pugs

Actually some of those salads are horrendous!!! I am going to upload the PDFs to all the restaurants to my Blog area (just created last night) and will give you all the link to it. You can then view the PDF's or download them, hopefully, if I can get it to work

I ate a salad at Chilis that was 850 calories!!!!

Last edited by RubensMuse; 04-28-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #157  

Not that that is funny, but the way you typed/said it was hilarious! (Sorry). I would surely appreciate that pdf file. Because I have to say, I'm going on n/s BECAUSE I can't make the right choices for myself. I can NOT be trusted with a menu in my hot little hands!!!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #158  

Height: 5'5"

hehe i can't be trusted either. uuugh. lol impulse choices are the WORST for me!

Hi to Skinny and Big! Great to "meet" you!

i am feeling good- going to stick to this!

hope everything is well!

my new shipment should be here any day- which is good because i only have beef dinners left- and i dont eat beef!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #159  

I can't wait to start, especially now that I've "connected" with people here. I KNOW I'm gonna need ALL THE SUPPORT I can get! How long have you been doing n/s?
Old 04-28-2006, 12:14 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 170/166/135

Hey Nutrichicks

I've been away for a few days, things are hectic right now. Welcome skinny & big. Good luck with NS. I haven't been doing the NS this week. I've been taking this great meal replacement shake called Dietex which I use for breakfast & lunch. It's so delicious & it has like 700mg of hoodia which is an appetite suppressant. I'm so full after each othe shakes. I have to replace 2 meals a day for 5 days & then 1 after that. It's just to let the hoodia really get into your system. I've been eating normal foods for dinner... good foods. My appetite has definately changed because of the shakes. I get full quickly so that I don't eat too much. The weekends will be back to NS but during the week I'll do the shakes. My job is hectic so it's easy for me to just drink the shakes while I work. We'll see on monday when I weigh in to see where I'm at. My sister is still going strong with NS, this is her 2ns week. And now my mom wants to do it too. It's such an amazing feeling to inspire people because of my weight loss. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. It looks like we're suppose to have really nice weather. Have a good one.
wickedgrl_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:19 PM   #161  

I looked into hoodia a few weeks back. I'll be interested to know how well this works for you. Lots of luck to ya!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:01 PM   #162  
Buggin' with Pugs

Ok ladies...here is the link to the website that I made JUST FOR US! It has a link to the side with all the reastaurants on it that I have gathered so far. If you have anything you want me to add to it just lemme know!!! Oh and print those nutritional facts for your car! I did!
http://home.tampabay.rr.com/q2creative/erase/index.html

I will be adding more diet support stuff there as I gather it. Recipes and things like that Enjoy ladies and thanks for the inspiration!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #163  

thanks so much for the file, and thank YOU for the inspiration too, and the support! =)
Old 04-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #164  
Buggin' with Pugs

Ok ladies 11 pages in so I am going to start a new thread for us...Nutrichicks II!!!