3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Nutrisystem

Old 11-19-2005, 09:49 AM   #16
Movin on down the scale

ruby, if you would like a buddy feel free to add me. I have lost 33 so far since Aug 1. Although I am not following thier plan I am using some of the food.

1 cookie per 5lbs:

NEW GOAL SET 5/26/06
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:43 PM   #17
ugggg.....

I just joined a Slim-n-Tone in my area. It works like Curves. They are affiliated with Nutri-System and I am thinking about starting it too. I will probably start in January, with Christmas presents to buy, I just don't have the cash to invest yet.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:28 PM   #18

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Another option, if you want meals provided for you, but want fresh ready to eat (or heat and eat) foods is "Seatle Sutton's Healthy Eating" You can google it on the web to see if there is a franchise near you. She is a nurse that developed healthy fresh meals for delivery or pick up. Everything (including bread, fruits and veggies) is included except milk. I believe it is about the same price as nutrisystem, if you figure in the extras you have to buy on nutrisystem, although you don't get to choose the meals, everybody gets the same meals.

When I lived in Ottawa, IL (where the company was founded), I was on it for a while, and it was about $75 a week, although it probably has gone up some since I was on it. If I were single, I might consider it, but it would be too expensive for two for a month, and having to make meals for my husband would defeat the purpose (and letting him cook would be worse, as he was a chef, and tends to cook without regard to fat and calories).

Colleen

http://www.dreamstormdesigns.etsy.com
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:36 AM   #19

Default Making the portions larger-garnishing ideas please!

Hi,
I tried nutrisystem once and found the portions tiny. Now on qvc,the portions seem larger because the pump them up with additional veggies. They also look gourmet which mine never did. Anyone have some garnishing suggestions to help these and regular low cal frozen sinners seem like more.The system is a time saver but a bit pricey.
I find if I really plan my food I can do the same thing with regular and cheaper food.If you don't mind the cost though, the food is OK and you can't vbeat the simplicity.
Sheridan
Old 12-06-2005, 10:44 AM   #20

Default Garnishing ideas please!

Hi,
I tried the nutrisystem once and found the portions tiny. Now on QVC the portions look ample and gourmet which mine never did. They pump them up with veggies and garnishes.Anyone have any ideas on making these and low cal frozen dinners look better and seem like more?

The system is easy and the food OK. I need some creative ideas though to make the meals bigger and more appealing. Thanks all you creative people out there.
Sheridan
Old 12-06-2005, 04:05 PM   #21

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I make a low cal veggie salad that will last a couple days in the fridge (like a low or no oil bean salad, or carrot/broccoli/cauliflower blend in low-cal ranch or italian dressing).

Then I have something to add to the dinners to make them more substantial. Often the meals are so low in calorie (and food) that a starch serving can be added too, lilke a piece of bread or a small baked potato.

Colleen

http://www.dreamstormdesigns.etsy.com
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #22

Height: 5'8

Default Nutrisystem Buddies???

I just started Nutrisystem, and am looking for buddies- I tried searching the threads to find an active Nutrisystem one, but found nothing.

So, lets get together and chat. I don't like the message boards on nutrisystem.com

Anyway, I started in 1/2/06 and so far am loving it- I find is very simple and have not been tempted to cheat because my food is right there when I am hungry, of course, I am only on day five

Anyone else out there just start NS, or have been doing it awhile and can offer tips???

Rizeninme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #23

Default Fyi

Just in case anyone is interested-Tonight on QVC at midnight, I believe there is going to be a special price on a nutrisystem product. It is called the Today's special value. I do not have any more details so I do not know if it will be a bargain or not.You caN ALSO CHECK IT OUT ON THE WEB.
Sheridan
Old 01-08-2006, 10:49 PM   #24

S/C/G: 230/149/140

Height: 5'6

Can anyone tell me - how does this come packaged? Is it frozen food? Does the entire month's worth come all at one time? I'd like to try this, but I just have no clue where I'm going to store this much food!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:16 PM   #25

The food does come one month at a time, but it's not as bad as you think. Nothing needs to be refrigerated- some things you add water too, but most you just heat up. That's my favorite part- NO COOKING!!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #26
New me in 2006!

I started NS on 1/3/06 and found out that I am allergic to the food! It was awful - I still have puffy eyes and a rash all over my face because my last meal was on Sunday with NS food.

I found that the stuff I did eat was really good though. The chicken salad was great, I loved the chicken rice santa fe & the broccoli soup. The banana spice muffins were GREAT in plain yogurt and strawberries. I bought alot of veggies and fruits to go along with my meals and I wasn't hungry at all.

I went on Seattle Sutton last year and after a month I dropped about 12lbs and 5 inches off my frame. I was also exercising more than I am now, but they were too expensive! It costed about $425.00 a month and that was without all the veggies and fruits I like to pair up with the meals.

Started on December 7, 2005
KristinesShower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Loewen

I have always thought IF I JUST HAD SOMEONE PUT WHAT I AM SUPPOSE TO EAT IN FRONT OF ME, I could do it no problem... I'm not good and figuring out portion size or combinations and all, that is where I trip up... Soo I think this plan will work for me... Its either that or win the lottery and hire someone to cook for me... hehe

Penny
That is exactly the reason why I chose this diet! I do love to cook, but not for myself. I am SOOOOOO loving this diet because everything is all ready to go, and where I always fall apart on a diet is after a long day, when I am tired, and I don't feel like cooking. All I do is make a salad every other day (I do 2 days at a time) Plus, there are hardly any dishes to wash! Woo-hoo!!!

Old 01-14-2006, 07:44 PM   #28

S/C/G: 230/149/140

Height: 5'6

I started NS the day before yesterday and I'm glad I did. My biggest problem with losing weight is that I do not like cooking, nor does my husband, so we'd get home from work and just eat junk cause we didn't want to prepare anything. Now, I have everything right in front of me and I like that. Only on day 3, but I've had no problems at all.

Other than the bacon & cheddar flavored mashers I had for lunch the other day... GROSS!
Old 01-29-2006, 07:40 PM   #29

Default Finishing Week 3....

I started my N/S program on January 9. I committed to 12 weeks because of the cost of the food. So far I'm really enjoying it and have lost 6.6 pounds out of the 35 I'd like to lose (of course, I won't lose 35 in twelve weeks, but I'm hoping to get off to a running start with this program.)

I fell on the ice last week and will be walking with a cane for awhile. I'm trying to remain as active as possible but I also want my knee to heel. This accident makes me gladder still that I was already dieting when it happened...otherwise I might have welcomed the occassion to sit back with a bowl of ice cream!

I'll be weighing in tomorrow morning.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:06 AM   #30

Good morning! I was just reading through this thread and thought I'd say hi. I was on Nutri/System a LONG time ago. (Holy crap, 20+ years ago!) Anyhow, I really liked NS. That was back when they had centers all over. You'd go to the center, weigh in, then go to a class with other people. I think that's what I liked the most, the interaction with other people doing the same thing as me. There used to be a great workbook with articles and exercises that were discussed every week. I did lose 115 pounds in about a year. I was 17 when I hit my goal. I'd say that losing weight was the EASY part. Like you all have said, the no cooking part was great. If my family was going out to eat, I'd eat my entree before we left and then I'd just have a salad with my NS salad dressing. We'd even go to pizza joints and I'd have part of someone's crust. (I know, that sounds kind of gross, but it worked for me.) The biggest advice I'd have for anyone is to make sure that you work on your maintenance once you do hit your goal. As I mentioned, I was 17 and still in high school. I didn't do the maintenance stuff at all. I did keep most of the weight off during college, but that's where it had started to creep up. (Beer and pizza.) Of course, stretchy stirrup pants were also the rage back then. It's very easy to think that they shrank in the dryer.

I'd say the very BEST thing about Nutri/System is that it takes your mind off of food. I had all of my food in a closet. I had a shelf designated for breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Basically reach in to the appropriate shelf and grab something to eat. I didn't obsess about what I should make for supper. Just grab something and nuke it. Since I was in high school, I made my lunch in the morning (NS ham slice and NS bun) and bring it with me. Some times I'd switch around lunch and supper. I'd make the entree in the morning and put it in a little Thermos. That way no one at school knew I was doing this, and I didn't deviate by eating school's lunch. I think my absolute favorite was the hamburgers that you reconstituted with water. (Sounds very gross, but I really liked them.) I bet the food now is WAY better than it was then. Although I'm a "Minnesota bland" kind of person. I grew up with bland food and I prefer it. LOL

I'd gladly do it again, but now that I'm married it just isn't a good option. (I'm counting calories now.) I did gain back the weight that I lost, plus 50 pounds. Not good, but I know it is all my own fault. (Again, beer and pizza.)

So.. Just thought I'd stop by and write a little. I'd say that if anyone was interested in trying this, DO IT! Even if you just order one week's worth of food, this might be exactly what you were looking for. (Just make sure you work on maintaining your weight loss.)

Kimberly

KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.