Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

MorningGlory1950

I am just wondering how you are doing? I am down about .6.

The weather has been great. I have spent the last 2 days working in the yard. I finished my fall cleanup yesterday. Today, I bought and planted 12 mum plants.

Hope it is going well for you.
irish51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:10 PM   #77  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

irish51 ~ Sorry for not responding sooner...had a major binge for the past week and one half: up 10 pounds! I know I retain a lot of fluid, but am determined to beat this! I am not giving up. I am not changing my ticker. I know I will get back down quickly as I got right back on track today.

Never give up!

So I will weigh in next Friday and hopefully get back to where I was before the detour.

I hope you are doing well...give me some inspiration!

The holiday season will soon be upon us and I need to get myself under control!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #78  

MorningGlory1950 Glad to see you back!

I have been busy sewing.

I had a few binges myself. The kids dropped off my grandson with me yesterday. He and I went out with some friends of mine last night and went to a restaurant I am up a little this morning, but not bad. I ended up splitting my meal with grandson, so I didn't feel quite so bad.

You can get that 10 lbs off, it is just going to take your full attention . We all have slip ups, we just have to pick ourselves up and start again.

Hang in there, we can do this together.

Last edited by irish51; 10-28-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:54 PM   #79  

MorningGlory1950 I hope you are doing well.

I haven't been posting this week,I have a very bad cold. I do not think I will see much of a lose because I am eating too few calories. Hopefully, I will be better next week.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:07 PM   #80  

Hi everyone!

Today is day 2 for me. I've been on medifast a few times, the last was 3 years ago when I lost 20 pounds. I gained 5 back (water, mostly) and have been maintaining ever since. I am very proud that I've been able to maintain this long, I hadn't stepped on the scale in 6 months so when I did so yesterday I was pleasantly surprised at the number.

I'm using wonderslim / Kay's naturals foods, but eating fewer meals (just 5 a day) fewer carbs (75 - 85g) and a slightly larger dinner, loosely based on the medifast guidelines and macronutrients. I'm tracking everything on Myfitnesspal.

The wonderslim foods are so much tastier! It's a little more complicated planning out my meals because of the varying calorie counts and I'm not following the plan verbatim, but I'm okay with that since I want to be better this time about transitioning out of the diet.

I will also mention I have Hashimoto's and my symptoms are pretty severe. I can tolerate some gluten, dairy and soy, but I try to avoid it because it makes me sick. Ketogenic and paleolithic-type diets have been a lifesaver for me since my diagnoses and it was only by accident that I discovered it reduces my symptoms.

Anyway glad to discover this forum and this thread because I need the support! That has always been key to me sticking to the diet, helps me to focus.

Oh! I sew too. Love it, don't do it as often as I'd like but gearing up to make a few items this winter.
reesesinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:23 PM   #81  
Jesus, I trust in You

Welcome, reecesinpieces~ I am a former Medifaster and am now using WonderSlim products in conjunction with the old Weight Watcher Momentum plan. Congratulations on the wonderful maintenance - being able to do that is just phenomenal!

irish51~I am so sorry you were sick. Yes, next week you will definitely be showing a loss!

I had a terrible October...but am vowing to continue my journey from square one. Someone equated this to a Chutes and Ladders game. I slid majorly down the chute, but am determined to find the right ladder to get me to the winner's circle! So I am rolling the dice and using this new approach!
Old 10-31-2016, 12:28 PM   #82  

reesesinpieces Very glad you are joining us.

Thank you MorningGlory1950 I am a bit better, still have the cough, but feeling good enough to add a few more calories in to my meals. I weighed in this morning and I am down.

I want to feel better so I can get back on track.

Okay , so tomorrow is the first of November, how about a bit of a challenge?
Let's go for 5lb lose by the end if the month. Who's in?
Old 10-31-2016, 04:30 PM   #83  

thanks MorninGlory! Maintaining has always been a struggle for me because I am a binge eater. I've noticed that on certain days I will eat a lot and always on the next day I will naturally eat less. I know this is common sense, but I haven't experienced this before! This past year is also the first time in a very long time that I've been able to eat "forbidden" foods and actually enjoy them without guilt, even though I am not at my goal weight.

irish I'm game for a November challenge! 5 pounds a month is about what my goals are.

I hate to admit it, but I trailed off plan this weekend with some extra WS snacks and a plate of bacon. Not super happy I derailed so quickly, but I know that screwing up and getting right back on plan is good experience for the long run. I'm a perfectionist so "all or nothing" thinking is a pattern I'd like to correct. But Monday is off to a good start. I had some leftover MF mac & cheese and combined it with the WS chili to make chili mac and split it in two meals. Both are much better together than individually! I need to soak the chili beans next time though. Trying the chocolate hazelnut shake for the first time later this afternoon.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #84  
Jesus, I trust in You

The Thanks Challenge I, too, am in!

Thanksgiving is only one day...and we can handle it!

reesesinpieces ~ I, too, am a binge eater. But, I know I have hit rock bottom. So i have recommitted to do the WonderSlim plan as written. No more deviations!

irish51 ~ Glad you are feeling better! I think the darn cough is always the lingering symptom and the most irritating! But I am glad for the one good side effect: your weight loss is considerable!
Old 11-01-2016, 11:23 AM   #85  

November 1st - 140 starting weight

3 pound loss since I've been back on WS! I know it's mostly water but I bloat a lot so I am happy to see it gone, it's very motivating.

I did some thinking about what my goals are for November and have decided on the following. I know they aren't terribly creative, but hey, simplicity is all I need right now to meet my objectives.

1) 5 pound loss
2) No extra snacks for the entire month. This weekend was a reminder about how much this sets me back.
3) 6 meals per week must be home-cooked. Eating out is a slippery slope.
4) 68 oz of water per day
5) Join the gym once I've settled into ketosis and my health has improved, I do miss working out
Old 11-01-2016, 11:27 AM   #86  

Joyce so glad you are joining in! I hit my rock bottom in October too, it's the health issues that were affecting me most. I have a serious addiction to bread and sugar. But I've kicked it before and I will do it again. So will you!
Old 11-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #87  

Yay! Glad you are both joining me for the 5 lb challenge. I think it will help all of us.

Sorry, I don't have much time to post today. I just found out my grandson wants to come spend the night
Oops almost forgot November 1st 161.6 starting weight

Last edited by irish51; 11-01-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #88  
Jesus, I trust in You

November 1~ 173.8

Thanks to both of you....I am so happy to be part of this challenge!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 11-01-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #89  

I stayed completely on plan yesterday! It was challenging though, I'm still a little ill and have been really lax with my eating lately and giving in to urges so I forgot how hard it was to just sit with them rather than distract myself or find something lower-calorie to eat. Drinking lots of water and getting extra salt has helped!

For breakfast, I used some of my protein and fat allotment and put an egg between two pancakes.

For lunch, I made the cheesesteak macaroni with chicken broth and some dehydrated onion and I liked this a lot! Next time I will let this dish soak before heating.

Overall I met my daily goal of ~1000 cals, ~50 net carbs and ~110 grams of protein
Old 11-03-2016, 11:17 AM   #90  

Yesterday was tough. It was officially day 3 of being completely on plan and I had forgotten what true hunger felt like. Even though I generally eat low carb and slip easily in and out of ketosis, I still felt all the "flu" symptoms. And for so long it's been instinctual to reach for a small snack when I am hungry but yesterday I couldn't. I went to the store and bought pickles and a bunch of meat/veggies and the act of doing that gave me a rush of positive feelings, I felt in control and more mindful of my eating again.

The next 4 days are going to be busy with me being out of the house a lot. I have an event that lasts all weekend and they are providing food for free. I can usually easily abstain from off-plan food in public, but free food appeals to the frugal side of me so that will be challenging! I am going to take preventative measures by reviewing my schedule for the weekend and planning/logging meals and meal times ahead of time. One of the reasons why I do so well on meal replacement diets like WS and MF is that it reduces the number of choices of what I can eat and that reduces my anxiety.