Jenny Craig

• Started Jenny Craig today. I had lost some weight on it years ago and am at a desperation stage. I eat very well but too much. The preportioned meals will help me get my portions under control and then I can start my own whole, non processed foods little by slowly.

Day one was good today. Im highly motivated and looking for some support. Any other Jenny Craig-ers out there??
  • HI Beachbody! I have been on Jenny Craig since mis January. There is a great facebook Jenny page.
  • I was thinking about it myself! I was crunching the numbers to see if I could even afford it. Where can I find out the food prices? When I signed in to Jennycraig.com, I couldn't see how much the food and meals cost. I only see a sample pack (??)
  • Hi ChocolateLover (great username BTW!) the price list for Jenny Craig isn't on their site. You have to be a Jenny paid member, unfortunately. But here's the full price list for 2015: bestdiettips.com/jenny-craig-food-prices
  • OH! Thanks for the info. I am just now barely noticing the link. I am pretty surprised, but am still considering it.
  • OKay, i signed up to try the sample pack. But if the food turns out to be yucky, I'm bailing. I've been looking intro Nutrisystem as well. It might come down to one of those two.
  • Thought I would give ILoveThisDiet.com a try. After doing the month-to-month with Jenny and ordering a couple of weeks of food, I quit. I literally have all these shelf-stabel foods sitting in my pantry and I just can't get hyped up about it. After reading about ILTD, I figured anything would be better than having a bunch of "diet" food wasting away in my kitchen. I went with the 6 month membership and will let you know how it goes! I'm going grocery shopping tonight. The JC representatives keep emailing me, they want me back and keep urging me to call a consultant. While I do enjoy the diet support, I just can't bring myself to pay $3 for a small bag of cheese puffs! It's simply not economical!
  • Hi Chocolatelover. Please post your results from doing ilovethisdiet.com.
  • I'm thinking about doing Jenny Craig... I have to limit both wheat & soy, so how well will JC's meals fit those needs?..

Thanks.......
  • Not sure if it's for you
    Quote: I'm thinking about doing Jenny Craig... I have to limit both wheat & soy, so how well will JC's meals fit those needs?..

Thanks.......
    I just started Jenny Craig and I don't believe the diet caters for people with celiac or gluten free diets... I would recommend calling the closest one to you and speaking to someone there. So far so good 5 lbs lost looking forward to the next 34.2 lbs coming off and staying off.

Good luck!
  • The last time I did Jenny Craig, I lost 9 pounds in one week! I couldn't afford to keep going, though. It's great if you can afford it. Pretty tasty, too, if I remember correctly!
  • You will lose weight on Jenny Craig. Does it cost more than say, Nutrisystem? Yes, but in my opinion the food is far superior and that is what keeps me on the program. You get what you pay for and once you reach your desired weight you are gradually taken off their food and moved into a maintenance program where the cost is far less.
  • A guy I was dating was on Jenny Craig. First it's more than $600 a month! He is a JC member for life because 15 years ago he used Jenny to lose more than 100 pounds. I saw the food. Wow! For what they charge it should be gourmet but it wasn't. Every time I asked him how was the food, he said it's alright. Never, it's good! It's fantastic. Of course small portions and some stuff he got from the store like the broccoli and other vegetables. He was losing half a pound a week and eventually quit going to meetings. I read his paper that they gave him and did my own version for a few weeks and lost more than he did. If you can afford that rate, go for it and good luck