3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Jenny Craig weirded me out

Old 11-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #1

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Default Jenny Craig weirded me out

Weird that I don't see a thread here already about Jenny Craig, or I would have posted this as a response...

I had a consultation probably a year or two ago at a Jenny Craig location, and I remember it being just an awful experience for me. The girl I talked to seemed nice enough, until I expressed dismay that the "snack" that's provided is basically a chocolate bar (I did Weight Watchers once, which I think is awesome for some people, but I hated how it make me eat junkier food than I normally would, just because I felt like I could). I asked if there were any alternative options that weren't dessert-like, and she said no, that's part of the diet.

I mean, it's a chocolate bar with vitamins and stuff I'm sure, but a chocolate bar nonetheless, and the alternatives aren't any less sugary (or fake sugary, I didn't even ask)??

So I said I didn't think the diet was for me, and the girl became really sarcastic: "well if you think you can [lose weight] on your own, go ahead."

Is Jenny Craig a good plan? Is anyone here having success with it? It's probably just that it isn't good for me personally - I'm sure buying set meals is a great way to control intake - but man, if I didn't feel upset about the whole chocolate bar thing. The one thing my default diet has going for it is that it doesn't include a lot of sweets. >.<;;;
Old 11-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
Tai

S/C/G: 272/136/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I did Jenny Craig several times in 90's and early 2000's. It worked fine for me and I lost between 15-30 pounds each time I was on the program. I always ended up dropping out due to the cost though.

I'm not familiar with the program any longer but am wondering if they might have a diabetic option? That might be a way to avoid the sugary items you're not interested in.

It's a shame the consultant was so rude and that she wasn't able to come up with any alternatives for you. If you're really interested I would suggest checking out another center.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.