Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

floralshorts

You are doing so well! Very impressive weight loss!

I too look at dresses and other clothes and dream... I think it helps. I want that little black dress!

Keep on truckin' floralshorts and everyone~
I'm still waiting to start... *taps foot*
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:32 PM   #47  
Optifast 800

S/C/G: SW: 324.5/CW: 310.4/GW: 235

Height: 5'7.25"

I will be starting Optifast soon. I have the initial doctor's appointment in two weeks. I need to lose as much weight as possible in order to have hip replacement surgery...hopefully this fall. Two of my doctors recommended WLS. I am not really on board with that. So hopefully I will start this instead of WLS.

To prepare, I've stopped the food email lists and trying to figure out what to do with my Pinterest account with all the recipes, etc. I have tried shakes and bars from GMC's Total Lean program which is similar to Optifast. I've limited myself to one or two of these products a day. I like the breakfast squares but not sure having an 8 oz. shake every three hours is going to work for me. Need to prepare myself mentally for that!

Glad to read about everyone's progress!

Last edited by JuliaBondurant; 05-16-2014 at 01:33 PM.
JuliaBondurant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaBondurant View Post
I will be starting Optifast soon. I have the initial doctor's appointment in two weeks. I need to lose as much weight as possible in order to have hip replacement surgery...hopefully this fall. Two of my doctors recommended WLS. I am not really on board with that. So hopefully I will start this instead of WLS.

To prepare, I've stopped the food email lists and trying to figure out what to do with my Pinterest account with all the recipes, etc. I have tried shakes and bars from GMC's Total Lean program which is similar to Optifast. I've limited myself to one or two of these products a day. I like the breakfast squares but not sure having an 8 oz. shake every three hours is going to work for me. Need to prepare myself mentally for that!

Glad to read about everyone's progress!
Welcome Julia!
It seems you're doing a great job getting yourself prepared. I have not even looked at my Pinterest account lately even though most of the recipes I've saved are "healthy."
Good luck to you!
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #49  
Optifast 70 User

S/C/G: 245/186/179

Height: 5'5"

I weighed in this morning at 226.4. That's a total loss of 19.4 pounds since May 5th.
floralshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #50  
Optifast 800

S/C/G: SW: 324.5/CW: 310.4/GW: 235

Height: 5'7.25"

I had my doctor evaluation on Thursday. This is through the University of Michigan. I'm somewhat unhappy with their program because there is not a support group. The doctor is going to put me on meds to prevent gallstones from forming. I weighed in around 324 (don't have the exact number in front of me). My initial goal is around 235. Need to get as close to 35 BMI in the next several months in order to have my hip replacement surgery. After I recover from the surgery then I will try to get down to 175 or so. One interesting thing about this program is at some point they allow you to eat low carb veggies. Unfortunately I can't start until the end of June. I need to see the dietician first and the soonest available appointment was 4 weeks out. So I've decided in the meantime to stick to a 1200 calorie/day plan, eating one 400 calorie meal with my husband. The rest of the time I will eat GNC shakes and bars. That way I will get used to eating every three hours and all I'll have to do is substitute the Optifast products and omit the 400 calorie meal.

Last edited by JuliaBondurant; 06-01-2014 at 06:52 AM.
JuliaBondurant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:52 PM   #51  
Reformed Quitter

S/C/G: 302/267/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlinGeorgia View Post
You are lucky! The next orientation for me is May 22 and the program doesn't start till july! JULY? What! Now, I'm trying to figure out what to do till then!!
Any suggestions??? I really don't want to gain more wight to loose in July! Oy~
It's worth the wait! I posted about my experience with Optifast on the Optifast It Works board, in case you'd like to read. Hang in there, you're turn will come and I promise you, it will exceed your expectations!

xo
CABunnyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:57 AM   #52  

Thank you nibog for all the tips! We have a start date...July 29th! Yay~
I have been walking and up'd the water intake! My feet are killing me though! Ughhh But like everything else I do, I over did it! I walked 1.5 miles away from my house~ so that means walking that back! 3 miles may not be a lot for some but I should have been able to place a flag of victory somewhere! hahahaha I'll post after the 1st meeting. I'm feeling I'm excited & scared!
DevlinGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:50 AM   #53  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Congrats!!! It is definitely a program that I have found to "WORK!"

Woohoo for that 3 mile walk - def not a small thing! Don't go crazy when starting the program though, they (at least locally) really restrict exercise in the beginning due to the low calorie intake

The next 12 days will fly by!
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #54  

Wow~ I just checked out the other thread! Incredible success to those who continue to succeed on their journey and for being an inspiration!! Thank you CABunnyGirl
DevlinGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:34 AM   #55  

Hello!

This is my first post and I am eager to jump in a become a part of this group. My first goal is to lose, lose, lose before our family leaves for Hawaii for two weeks at Christmas. The thought of my body in a bathing suit terrifies me. My husband and I are going to do the next couple of months on our own and then we will most likely start the program through a clinic after the first of the year. Right now, I am trying to learn all I can about the Optifast Program. I ordered the Optifast 800 through Amazon and the shakes should be arriving any day. I would love any feedback that you could give me to help get us started. I just joined a gym and want to start swimming. How much exercise is allowed in the first two months? Very nervous to start another diet, as I have failed all of them. It will be especially hard going into the holidays, but i just can't gain anymore weight.
cactussunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:47 PM   #56  

Default Just starting Optifast 900

Wow, day 2 and I am sooo hungry!!! trying to stay focused!! any tips for this bad taste in my mouth!? drinking lots of water and chewing gum but, I am so hungry!
MissCpoo is offline   Reply With Quote