3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Medifast - Have you used it and liked it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/291873-medifast-have-you-used-liked.html)

StarlightMintz 05-03-2014 11:51 PM

Thank you for that, Sheridan
:)

Marilu 05-11-2014 11:48 AM

Some people are not that disciplined (including me). So for me I need the structure and support.

Colleensuzanne 05-14-2014 07:00 PM

i've been on Medifast since Jan 18th (about 16 weeks) and have lost 35lbs so far and still have 35 to go until I am at my goal. The program definitely works if you follow it. I haven't been as strict as I should have and have had some "off plan" weekends, and a trip to Vegas. What Medifast has done for me is get me over the hurdle of feeling like it was hopeless. It has also taught me the importance of eating several times a day and drinking water! I am in the process of transitioning into my own balanced plan following the guidelines I have learned while on program, while incorporating more natural and raw foods. I am doing this because the program IS expensive and unfortunately not in my budget anymore. If you are thinking of giving it a try I would 100% recommend it.

Gem68 05-26-2014 12:49 PM

MsMatic: if you know so much about medifast, then I assume you know about transitioning OFF of medifast. Correct? Yes, it is a very structured wt loss plan with additional structure coming off ....teaching healthy eating habits in the process.
I assume you are not here because you are skinny; therefore, plz don't be condescending to members utilizing this diet plan.
If you want to teach dieting, maybe you should open your own wt loss clinic.

rich8ames 06-05-2014 05:26 PM

I did it for 2 months, and lost 10 pounds, but I started to burn out on the food I was getting, and during the diet I had very little energy.

This was just my experience, so I would not say everyone will have this issue.

The good thing about the diet, is that it does teach you some good eating habits, and you do get results.

Txmom1307 06-27-2014 04:36 PM

I too started Wednesday and have lost two lbs. I keep a list of what I need to eat.
I have a few of their packets to use when in a hurry.
I had tried lots of others and wasted money and did not lose weight.
I am losing it now.
Need to get down to 110 lbs , 75 to go.
So glad I found this site.

Txmom1307 06-29-2014 04:15 PM

I have enjoyed knowing exactly what I am going to eat , I not using all "snacks" on Medifast. I have yogurt, pretzels, popcorn no butter, I eat apple slices and I am still losing weight. I do believe it is the protein, and keeping the metabolisum running by eating every two hours.
I hope to make out my own menu starting next week. I am making sure I have pretzels or bars with me at all times for when I am not at home to eat.
thanks for all the info

p0nderful 07-02-2014 09:30 AM

I did Medifast for two months, lost 15lbs. I just can't afford it anymore. So I am transitioning off--eating breakfast and dinner and finishing off my medifast with three meals in between. I have been following a DIYMedifast blog and its been very helpful. I also use Dr. A's book "Habits of Health". There is a diet in there that does not use packaged food. I think its good for a kick start, getting used to eating less food and seeing some success on the scale. Long term, it is very expensive.

thinkingthinner 07-11-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p0nderful (Post 5033969)
I did Medifast for two months, lost 15lbs. I just can't afford it anymore. So I am transitioning off--eating breakfast and dinner and finishing off my medifast with three meals in between. I have been following a DIYMedifast blog and its been very helpful. I also use Dr. A's book "Habits of Health". There is a diet in there that does not use packaged food. I think its good for a kick start, getting used to eating less food and seeing some success on the scale. Long term, it is very expensive.

Just checked out the DIYmedifast blog. So great! Thanks for sharing!

DevlinGeorgia 07-18-2014 12:16 PM

Just wanted to chime in...I did Medifast for approx. 5 months and lost 73lbs. It works if you stick to the plan! No cheating~ That was 5 years ago and on July 29th I will be starting Optifast. Although Medifast worked, it is run with very little support. I also didn't go through maintenance, it wasn't "required"! Because I was happy to be skinny (for 3years) I just stopped Medifast and never really learned anything about healthier eating & my relationship with "food"! I'm Back~ This time with a program that is strict with medical monitoring, support and education. If you are a person who is accountable and follows through, it will work for you! Best of luck on all of our journeys! Here's to getting & being "Healthy"!

MichelleRae 09-28-2014 04:22 PM

Hi there! I have used Medifast but it definitely wasn't for me, I got tummy aches and as a result found it impossible to use consistently. I do however know of others that have had great success with Medifast.

Good luck on your journey :)