Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I know there are several newbies here. I know for me, the WS breakfast was the hardest part...everything was tasty enough, but the breakfasts were kinda, well, plain. I highly recommend making the oatmeal into muffins. Adding vanilla and splenda to the pancakes. Making "mock apple crisp" with the cinnamon crunch cereal and some zucchini. Or getting creative on other alternatives. Found one today I would like to share. First, like or love of pumpkin is a must. Second, the texture is NOT the same as regular pancakes, a bit more on the "mushy side" as with a pumpkin pie, but not quite. Very feeling. Very tasty. GREAT alternative to WS breakfasts and 100% able to be subbed in place of other items and still keep in daily requirements for calories, fats, carbs, proteins, and fibers. Hope you enjoy!

1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 packet of vanilla WS shake made into the pudding (4 oz water)
1 large egg
3 large egg whites
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cake flour (or regular flour, but as a baker, I only use cake flour)
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix like mad until completely blended. Pour 1/3 cup of mixture onto heated griddle, cooking 2-3 minutes per side (like a normal pancake, wait for the bubbles to appear.) Serve with maple syrup (I use the Sugar Free Joseph's from Diet Direct...GREAT stuff!)

Each pancake (1/3 cup of mixture) has the below values:
Calories: 82
Carbs: 9g
Fiber: 1g
Fat: 2g
Protein: 8g

1-1/2 of these babies will equal roughly 1 packet of WS cereal or 1 packet of WS pancakes or 1 packet of WS oatmeal...and is A LOT more filling.

Have a happy new year!
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 249.2/Ticker/140

Thank you for the warm welcome, Zoesmom. You are clearly an expert regarding WS (and weight loss) and I am very thankful for your help, ideas, recipes, etc.

Last edited by MissMollyM; 01-01-2014 at 02:07 PM.
MissMollyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #78  

Aw shucks MissMolly

I appreciate the compliment. I'm slower going than what WS advertises, but that is my own fault. I am not 100% on plan all the time and I do heavy exercising. But that is by choice. I know that adding in exercise slows results and I know that eating 200 extra calories will slow me down as well. And I wrecked it over the holidays, but in the grand scheme, I am still going. All it takes is dedication, patience, and a willing to get back on track.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 172/172/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello!

I just started WS today! I did Ideal Protein a year ago for about 2 month and lost 15 lbs, but it was way restrictive, the food sucked and I was never full. So far today, WS seems to keep me fuller with the shakes and the food is much better.

I was wondering how restrictive it is on the amount of veggies... the lean/green meal says 2 servings, but can I have more or do I have to limit it to those 2 servings?

Can't wait to start seeing results!
sarmaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 193/185/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi all!

Well, last week I took some time and sorted my food into 28 daily packets, then yesterday I started the diet. I wanted to start Saturday, but my boss asked me to work OT on Saturday and I still had some fat food left, so I started on Sunday. I weighed and measured myself, including a measurement I haven't seen mentioned on this site. I'm definitely an apple, not a pear, so I also measure around the biggest part of my belly. That's where I'd really like to see a change.

The first day went fine, but today I got hungry a bit. I also found something I REALLY don't like; the tomato soup. I bought two boxes of it, so I'm going to go through the remaining 26 daily food packets and pull them out and send them back. I think I got hungry because my activity level is a bit high; my job can get pretty physical at times. Also, I have to be at work at 6:30 AM, so I swapped the time frame for my breakfast and morning snack. So far, so good!
ChristineA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #81  

Hi sarmaris! I never measure my veggies. Mostly because I mainly only eat brocolli, zucchini, and lettuce though. Truth is, if you need more, eat more. I don't do the starch or dairy so I have lots of wiggle room.

Christine, if you are active, have an extra shake. Trust me. EAS Carb AdvantEDGE is a good substitute for that extra calorie and protein need without adding a ton of extra carbs. I am crazy active....I have to add a shake and extra lean protein daily. If I don't, I get really weak. My weight loss is slowed, but my fat loss is accelerated, and that's what matters.

I make my tomato soup into a bread, fwiw. You know, because it sucks.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #82  

Good for you, Zoesmom. I think you're a good example of someone who has successfully lost weight - without being 100% OP. I tend to quit things if I'm not 100% perfect, but that's why I have never been able to lose weight. When I fail, I normally throw in the towel. This time, I will try to be 100% OP, but if I'm not, I'll get back on that horse and start fresh the next day.

Tomorrow is my big day to start and I am SO very excited.

Last edited by MissMollyM; 01-08-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #83  

How is everyone doing so far? I am LOVING WonderSlim!!!

Last edited by MissMollyM; 01-18-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #84  

I love that you love it!

I am losing my holiday weight slowly (I gained 9 over the holidays), but I am okay with that. As mentioned before, I don't follow the WS 100%...I exercise, heavily, and often times have to eat more than WS allows. I got up to 226.9 on January 1st and I am at 224 as of today, so I will take it. And some of my slowed loss is muscle weight as I do heavy lifting.

How about you?
Old 01-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #85  

Hi all!
Progress report first: I started on Sunday, and by the following Saturday I was down 4, but then I went out for dinner with my lady friend (her 82nd birthday!) and went back to down 2. It took a couple of days to get back down, but as of today, Friday, I'm down 6. Last weekend I didn't feel good, I thought I was catching a cold, so Sunday I took a lot of veggies and 2 days' worth of chicken and made a big pot of chicken soup. I also had to work OT one afternoon at a station that involves a lot of physical labor, so I had an extra shake, the EAS Advantage. Also, I'm pretty generous with both the protein and the veggies. As I said, my job is quite active, and otherwise I find myself getting weak and tired by the end of the week.
Oh, I forgot to mention, last Sunday, when I was only down 2 pounds, I'd lost a half-inch each off bust, hips, and thigh! The increased protein and low carbs are really paying off!
I'll be working OT again tonight and also all day tomorrow; I have the extra shakes lined up. THANK YOU, Zoesmom, for all the wonderful info!
Old 01-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineA View Post
Hi all!
Progress report first: I started on Sunday, and by the following Saturday I was down 4, but then I went out for dinner with my lady friend (her 82nd birthday!) and went back to down 2. It took a couple of days to get back down, but as of today, Friday, I'm down 6. Last weekend I didn't feel good, I thought I was catching a cold, so Sunday I took a lot of veggies and 2 days' worth of chicken and made a big pot of chicken soup. I also had to work OT one afternoon at a station that involves a lot of physical labor, so I had an extra shake, the EAS Advantage. Also, I'm pretty generous with both the protein and the veggies. As I said, my job is quite active, and otherwise I find myself getting weak and tired by the end of the week.
Oh, I forgot to mention, last Sunday, when I was only down 2 pounds, I'd lost a half-inch each off bust, hips, and thigh! The increased protein and low carbs are really paying off!
I'll be working OT again tonight and also all day tomorrow; I have the extra shakes lined up. THANK YOU, Zoesmom, for all the wonderful info!
You are doing INCREDIBLE, ChristineA!!! You must be so proud of yourself!!! Keep up the super-duper good work.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #87  

Thanks MissMollyM! Today is my "official" weigh day; down 6.5 pounds after 2 weeks. Definitely off program on the weekends, but being careful, nevertheless. Score is now down 1 inch off bust, waist, and thigh; 1/2 inch off hips and upper arm. Yay!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineA View Post
Thanks MissMollyM! Today is my "official" weigh day; down 6.5 pounds after 2 weeks. Definitely off program on the weekends, but being careful, nevertheless. Score is now down 1 inch off bust, waist, and thigh; 1/2 inch off hips and upper arm. Yay!!!
Christine, you are doing AMAZING!!!

Wow!!! The weight is dripping off as well as losing inches. That is crazy awesome!!!

You should check in daily at the 2014 WonderSlimmers thread. We need more people over there for motivation and keeping everyone on track. 2014 is going to be the year we all do this.

Last edited by MissMollyM; 01-20-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #89  

Another newbie here. I have ordered my first kit, and it's on the truck for delivery today. I plan on starting this Sunday, and I have to say, it's the first time I've been excited to start a diet. I'm looking forward to this, and getting to know everyone here
Bozydeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #90  

Bozydeaux!

My apologies to all WS-ers....I am going to be MIA for a wee bit. I got a pretty significant life changing medical dignosis earlier this week and until I can come to gripes with it...well, it is just best I disappear until I can fully accept what this will mean to my future.

And no...it is not in any way related to WS or an increased protein intake. Just for you worry warts out there