Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Wonderslim 10

WOW! It feels like the last thread was just opened, and as I look at the number of posts I realized that we are quickly closing in on the 500 cap and that the thread is starting to get difficult to navigate!

This thread is here to discuss all things Wonderslim, whether or not you are following their protocol. Afterall, WS makes wonderful products that can be utilized per the WS diet...or as alternatives to many other diets out there.

We want to hear about your challenges, your accomplishments, your downfalls, your successes, and your thoughts. We want to be your support system, and you be ours.

And let's have fun while we do it!

You can review old posts here: Wonderslim 9

Alright ladies...get ready...get set...and LET'S ROCK THIS WEIGHT LOSS!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I'm a newbie who's been lurking. Hard to find a Wonderslim community. I'm on Day 12 and down 9. Feeling comfortable with the food and the plan and looking for others who've already forged a path.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #3  

Default Restaurants

I have to eat out several times a week. So far I've had Chili's Chicken Caesar salad no croutons no cheese and vinaigrette on the side; and the Chicken Chopped salad at Subway, which was great, with all good veggies and I got Italian for lack of knowing what else to do. What do you all do, and what places are best for eating out, fast and not fast?
Old 05-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

nimblegranny

Sounds like you are doing well on WS.

I've been stuck for a couple weeks, hopefully all the yardwork today will change that:

I have errands to run, so I will try to get back later, to catch up with everyone!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #5  

Thanks irish, you are an inspiration!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #6  

Hi Nimblegranny and to our slice of paradise! Amazing start...looking forward to reading all your awesome successes!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #7  

Hi Zoe's Mom!

Thanks again for your suggestions yesterday (how to stretch the Wonderslim food). I'm going to give this a try!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #8  

No sweat brunette

Well, not such a great weigh in today. I blame the predisone (I ALWAYS gain weight when I have to take that crap for my asthma/ARDS flair ups. BOOOOO!!!!) BUT...I didn't gain this time. I guess you can say I didn't lose either, but in a way, I did...even if it was only .1 pound. Hey, I'll take it! Considering it could have gone the other way while on this medication, I say that is a WONDERFUL accomplishment.

Tonight is ballet....I'll tell you, I've been going nuts the past couple weeks, what with my kiddo's T-Ball practice twice a week, ballet practice, AND swim lessons. Her first recital is next week and I am looking SO forward to it. Of course, she cracks me up in T-Ball as she does leaps and tondues as she runs from base to base. Pretty obvious she doesn't get the fact the two activities are not interchangeable And last night, her coach put her on the pitcher's mound so he could better keep an eye on her...because she was twirling and spinnin and trying to teach all the boys how to do ballet (she is the only girl on the team.) I love my kid...but I am begining to think T-Ball isn't the sport for her like she had convinced me it was.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #9  

Nimblegranny - I just realized you had asked a question regarding eating out. I am SO sorry I missed that! I have become the queen of eating out as I am ALWAYS busy!!! I work part time in a non-profit in the mornings, play with my kid in the afternoons, take her to numerous classes in the evenings, and bake cakes on the weekend in a little bakery that a friend and I co-operate. I more often than not, find myself stuck in the rut of being forced to eat out or not eat at all.

There are a few tricks to be had:

1) If possible, visit the establishment's website and print out a listing of their menu items with the nutritional values. Most large chains offer this. It does take some time, but go through EVERYTHING and highlight the items that fit into the plan per calories, fat, carbs, and protein. Then, in a little handy dandy note book (or smartphone if you have one) notate what is diet appropriate at each place, that way, no matter where you go, you always know what is "safe".

2) Do NOT assume salads are the healthiest choice! Many times, the salads are loaded up with bacon, cheese, crutons, meats (some fried), and who knows what else, depending on the place. Some salads, such as Chik-fili-A's grilled chicken salad aren't so bad. But others, such as McDonald's Asian, salad are. Learn which ones are safe and which ones are not. It is important to note that sometimes the salads are made to look like the healthy option but are really one of the worst things on the menu. And ALWAYS order your salad dressing on the side. Dip your fork in it for each bite prior spearing your salad. You consume way less calories/fat/carbs that way. Or, order vinegar and oil. Or..make your own and bring it in a baggie (Joseph's Sugar Free Maple and plain yellow mustard make a really yummy honey mustard.) Or...order the Bariwise dressing for on the go (they are actually really good.) OR....this one is a BIG or....get yourself some Walden Farms 0/0/0 dressings. I am NOT a big WF fan, so I have no idea what might taste good. So far, I haven't found one I like. But there are crazy amounts of people who say it tastes good...so maybe I just haven't found it yet. I dunno.

3) Custom order. Almost every resturant offers custom orders, they just don't advertize it. Exceptions to this rule are BBQ joints and buffets. They pre-make everything and keep in in warmers, so no custom ordering to be had there generally. But you can ask the server to advise the cook no butter, plain chicken oppossed to bourbon chicken (marinades are HIGH in fat/calories/carbs), ask for brocolli or steamed veggies instead of fries (most offer this but don't tell you on the menu), ask for no sugar added to side dishes (yep, most do this), and so on. If they give you any lip, simply state "I have special dietary requirements." That can mean anything from diabeties, to lactose intolerance, to allergies, to you name it. I have a background in resturants...I will NEVER ask a server to do something that I myself haven't done in the past...and they usually get a bigger tip from me for just doing it. The truth is, most aren't bothered by it. A few are, but ultimately, they really don't care, especailly if their tip is on the line.

4)NEVER, EVER, EVER order fried anything. But let's say you want a hamburger (and let's say you can with your diet, as long as you don't eat the bun) and you want ketchup. Ever looked at the values on that? Stuff is insane! But good news! Heintz makes sugar free ketchup, a little pricey, but the taste is identical to that of regular. And the bottle is small. Slip it in your purse for those days you need that.

5) Keep a couple of packets on you at all times, especailly the soups. While not great, they are awesome in a pinch.

6) Fish is not always the healthier option...sometimes the steak is.

7) If you have a problem with ordering appetizers and desserts, vow to ONLY bring enough CASH money (no cards or other method of payment) with you to cover your entree, drink, and tip. You'll find after just a few visits like this, you aren't even tempted to buy those extras anymore.

8) When you place your order, insist that the server immediately bring you a to-go box. Once your food arrives, before taking even one bite, put half the food in the box. Out of site, out of mind. You'll eat 1/2 the calories that way. Order the lunch portion if possible.

9)Don't sweat the small things. If you slip, you slip. You are human. Tomorrow is another day and another chance to make it right.

It took me a good 4 months to figure it out, and a lot of OPPS moments. Now, it is second nature. I no longer am there for the food. I am there because I need to eat and want to socialize and save time...the food just happens to be there when I am (heck, sometimes I just drink my hot tea and don't order anything else when everyone else is eating!) Once my mind changed to think along those terms, I realized my food addiction has been overcome. It was a major accomplishment for me

I may, in the near future, create a "cheat sheet" of resturants and what is "safe" food and post it out here. I need to find the time for it, as I am sure the list is much larger than my handy dandy sheet, but I may just do that. There's a book out there "Eat This, Not That" that more or less does the same...but it is too wordy for a quick "what can I have today" moment.

Good luck...I have faith in you!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #10  

Morning!

zoesmom Thanks for starting this new thread. Glad you did not gain on your meds (hey that is a biggie). That child leaves me laughing all the time.

brunette8706 I apologize for not welcoming you on the other thread. My only excuse is the weather has warmed here, and I'm so busy with outside stuff, by the time I come inside I am exhausted. So very glad to have you join us.

nimblegranny You're welcome and thank you. I am working hard at where I want to be and trying not to let age get in my way It doesn't always work for me, but I am trying..

So yesterday, I was having a bad day. I went out to mow the lawn and got to the last 6'x3' section when the lawn mower quit. I pushed it up the hill to the sidewalk and put more gas in, started it up, went back down the hill, pushed it up the hill again, and it died. I had just fixed this stupid lawnmower a couple weeks ago (and I was very proud I might add.) Anyways after pushing ii back up to the sidewalk and pulling on it a couple more times, I determined it was too hot and I was too frustrated to continue. I put the lawnmower in the garage, grabbed a plant I bought the other day, back outside to dig a hole. In the ground goes the plant, I need to water it, I haven't yet hooked up the hose since the winter. I turn on the outside faucet, nothing. turn it off, and back on nothing. Turn it back on, now I am scrunched down staring at it (read silently swearing), when the water suddenly comes gushing out and now I am not only dirty from digging, I am soaked. turn it off hook up the hose, turn the faucet back on water the plant. I gather up all my tools , put everything away go in the house to shower. Both adult sons are calling and texting me.. I love my sons, but I just want a shower! Off the phone, into the shower, all cleaned up, hair done, I need to go run errands. It's in the 80's, I need capri's or something. I go to the closet take out a pair of capri's slip them on, button & zip...they fall off of me., try another pair same thing ( well, of course, they are all the same size,duh). Never mind, I think, I will wear a skort, yep, bought all these clothes last summer, tags still on some, and they are all too BIG!

I should be thrilled, right? Nope ,the only time in my life I was aggravated about my clothes being too big, cause I need to finish errands and can't find a thing to wear .

I'm not sure, but I think lack of protein was messing with my thinking!

Okay, off to get on the scale and I will let you all know if being frustrated makes you lose weight.

Last edited by irish51; 05-16-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #11  

Dear WonderSlim gang,
I'm new here. Trying (again) to lose weight at 59. This is going to be the one, because my knees hurt, so enough is enough. I purchased the WS products separately, so I don't have the program booklet or instructions. Would anyone post that or send me by email? or create a pdf? Or, I can create a pdf with whatever information I receive. thank you!! Marie
Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/151/110

Just wanted to say that I got my 12 week Wonderslim supply last night. I will be starting fresh on Monday. I am very excited about the program. I know I posted before but now I got my order . I have my 5 day meals already here at work. This is very doable.

Maria
Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #13  

msaumure!!!!

Here are the critical links for WS's plan:

MEAL PLAN
FOOD LIST
FOOD DIARY - although I utilize either MyFitnessPal or LoseIT! as I like apps

punmama! I am so happy for you! Just be prepared for the first few days to feel kinda rough, but after that, you will actually feel MUCH MUCH better than you have in a long time. I *think* the roughness is trying to get used to the lower everything and there is an adjustment period your body goes though. Once that passes, easy peasy.

IRISH!!!! JEEZ WOMAN! You really do remind me of that time my grandmother went flying into the pool! Kudos on the NSV...a bitter sweet moment, eh? I had to get rid of my FAVORITE maxi dress a few weeks ago as I was walking to the store and WOOP there it went, off my shoulders! So, I feel your pain. But awesome none the less!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #14  

zoesmom, thanks. I went through the closet and took out the things with tags. 2 skorts and 1 Capri. Now I never save receipts, ever..but I found the receipts for these 3 items and returned them to Kohl's thus morning. I got $31.00 back! I never return things,so I found this amusing. 2 skorts were bought in 2011, the capris's in 2012. The best part, they were all size 12. After return was done, I went and tried on the exact capris and skirts (same brand)I got into a size 4, now I know why the 12 fell to my ankles.

msamure Don't worry too much about your age, I will be 62 a week from today (did I really admit that???) We can still lose weight as we get older, our metabolism is a bit slower and we have to push harder to stay active. I keep 8 lb hand weights near me when I am watching T V at night. If I get bored and want to graze the pantry, I pick up the weights and due bicep curls and things like that, until the feelings pass..

punmama keep posting, let us know how your first days are going, what you like or don't like, how you are feeling, etc.

Weighed in this morning,still 142.8....but I know from trying on clothes, I am losing inches.

Last edited by irish51; 05-16-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #15  

I will be 58 in August so I feel right at home. Thanks for the restaurant tips and the welcomes! I'm glad to have a place to be inspired since I have so much to lose. I am only 13 days in and I am wishing I could fast forward my life a couple of months, I know 3 lbs. a week will seem slow after the quick 9 I lost the first 10 days. But I am determined to go slow and steady. I have already gotten my blood sugar controlled after only 13 days - with my meds before it was out of control and now with my meds it has normalized already, so that is real progress I can believe in and measure already too. Thanks ladies!
Closed Thread