Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Zoesmom, are there any other packages that work besides the few WS ones? Or am I just out of luck if I don't like to cook/tweak? Medifast is more pricey ive heard, and not as good. Wishing for more options!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Oh gosh yes. Bariwise and ProDiet to name a few, which luckily are found on diet direct as well. SOME (not all) lean cuisines work, as well as the other "health" frozen foods. Pay attention to the values on the back to know if it is compatible or not. Ultimately, you will probably want to tweak. The same five items get boring after a while...and boring leads to lack of interest...and lack of interest leads to slip ups.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #123  

237.9 as of today, netting a total of 55 pounds gone forever Moving on down, moving on down
Old 06-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 165/151/110

Nimblegranny,
I don't usually cook that much myself since it is only myself. I don't know if this is a good idea but I buy Boar's Head oven gold turkey, half a pound and have that for my dinners a few times a week. Boar's Head brand has a lot of different cold cuts and some of them are low salt. They are a little more expensive but for me it is quality that counts. I live in The Bronx NY and have no problems getting Boar's Head. That might help you in not wanting to cook especially during the summer months.

By the way, I am down 9 pounds since I started about three weeks ago and loving it. Can't wait to see my family this weekend to show off my new figure.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #125  

Congrats to zoesmom and punmama on your losses! It keeps me going to know other people are on the same journey, successfully, just in different places on the road.

zmama, I ordered a new chickenmac and cheddarmac today, and some protein bars for when I just want to skip the packet and eat a meal in a bar. Hope these will help my 3rd meal. And thanks for the recipes!

pmama, I know we have Boar's Head here, I will get some deli turkey for a change from my normal chicken breast and ground turkey.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

zoesmom YAY! Send that woosh fairy my way. I seem to be bouncing up and down with the same couple ounces.

jeannie I'm with you, I don't like oatmeal either. What I do is either make the oatmeal muffins that zoesmom posted or throw it in a bowl, add some water, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (or any kind of spice you like) and make it into a pancake.

punmama and granny Congratulations on the losses.

So, I have been really busy, watched the kids on Saturday, after they left, I vacuumed the pool,mowed the lawn and pulled weeds, came in the house at 7 PM showered and collapsed on the couch. Sunday I was up early, stained the floor of the deck, mulched around the back bushes and watered the new sod and plants, collapsed on the couch. Monday, I picked up the baby, went grocery shopping, stained the rails of the deck (while baby napped), played with baby, after my son picked him up, I stained the stairs of the deck and watered the sod, collapsed on the couch.

Today, I went and picked up the kids this morning, brought them back to my house,played with them, made them lunch, took them to the store, took them for a walk, made dinner,got them into bed and finally have a minute to post here.(no collapsing on the couch!)

I have the kids until Thursday morning, son and DIL went to St. Louis.

Hoping to have time to post more and keep up with everyone ( I need adult conversation.)..
Old 06-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #127  

Congratulations to everyone losing and achieving their ideal weights !!!

I apologize for not being active lately, I been super busy. Would right a longer post, but I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open and might have fallen asleep twice while typing this, lol. See ya'll soon. !!!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #128  

Irish51
What you did in the last few days would have me sleeping for another few days. You sure were busy. I got tired just reading your post and I mean that.
For me walking to the train station and being at work makes me tired at the end of the day. I bet you lost a good amount with all your activities.

FattyFatFat I was hoping you would be back. I read some older posts and saw your name and rather liked it and am sure you too. Welcome back.

NimbleGranny I will have to try those other packets you ordered. Let me know how you like them when you try them.

I don't mind the oatmeal but I have been eating quite a bit of it and am getting tired of it right now. i will have to make the muffins on a day when I can be home to do that. I also use cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in mine and maybe some vanilla extract. I microwave it on high since that is the only option here at work for about 4 minutes making sure it doesn't boil over too. Don't want to spend half an hour cleaning up that mess. Too bad you couldn't just add boiling water to it like the other instant oatmeals. Or could you?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #129  

OH! I love me my FattyFatFat and miss you too! Hope you are doing well, dear. Hope to see more posts and more of you!

Nimble - be careful of replacing too many meals with bars. Remember, they have more carbs. I don't know what that traslates into with you being a diabetic, but just something to be aware of. Also, watch the calories and carbs on the meals you bought as it will be higher than the otehr packages you currently have. It is worth pointing out that the Lean and Green meal is in place to get you the right amount of calories/proteins/carbs/fats as well as teach you how to eat and measure properly once you come off the diet (who wants to eat packets the rest of their life? ) Replacing every now and then isn't the end of the world. Replacing all the time might set you back. Just something to pay attention to if you start stalling.

irish I say it again....you remind me of my grandmother when she was younger! I will point my woosh fairy your way and hope she finds you! I am wondering though....you are INSANELY active. I know you log your calories and yadda yadda yadda...do you log all your acitivty too? including the weed pulling? I am beginning to wonder if you are just not getting enough calories. Because of all the activites I have started doing (read running here), I now have to on many days add not only my EAS shake in, but roughly 100 more calories and 15g of protein in a day (Nectar shakes or eggs or tuna). So, I am now closer to 1300 calories a day on most days from my start of 950. Just a thought...

punmama 9 pounds! In three weeks?! OH! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Watch the deli meats...some aren't so bad....but most are. Not sure which one you are using...I know BH tends to be nitrate free so no worries there...but sugars. Try to steer clear of any honey bakes or glazes. I suspect, all in all, since you are having such an AWESOME loss, you are doing that already, but wanted to throw that out there, just in case.

Well, I totally jinxed myself. Made a comment about 1/2 pound losses per day and wouldn't you know it...BRAKES! Oh well. I had a nice go of it. Back to my slow and steady pace of 1.25 to 1.75 pounds a week. At least, I hope that is what it turns out to be. I know I am getting close to the point where I should see another stall soon, but I am hoping it holds off for another 12 pounds. I just want to get to 225 before my trip in August...

Good luck everyone...love reading your posts!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
Nimble - be careful of replacing too many meals with bars. Remember, they have more carbs. I don't know what that traslates into with you being a diabetic, but just something to be aware of. Also, watch the calories and carbs on the meals you bought as it will be higher than the otehr packages you currently have. It is worth pointing out that the Lean and Green meal is in place to get you the right amount of calories/proteins/carbs/fats as well as teach you how to eat and measure properly once you come off the diet (who wants to eat packets the rest of their life? ) Replacing every now and then isn't the end of the world. Replacing all the time might set you back. Just something to pay attention to if you start stalling.
This is great advice, zoesmom.Who wants to eat packets the rest of their life indeed! I won't use the bars more than once or twice a week, and I'm thinking just if I'm out or pushed for time, which happens at work sometimes. I always cook on the weekends and every other day have my L*G for lunch i/s/o dinner. SO there is always that packet meal to deal with, and now I have a couple other options, which I will be grateful for.

irish, it's good to hear from you. FFF, nice to meet you! punmama, so glad to hear about your thrilling loss, and know how happy you are.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Quote:
who wants to eat packets the rest of their life?
ME

It is easier when I am busy!!!

zoesmomI was thinking about this last night, you are right. My activity increases, but I never increase my calories. According to LoseIt I seem to be averaging around 850 calories per day, when I figure part of my activity. Some of the activity I don't always log..hard to figure how many calories you are burning,crawling backwards on the deck while staining
I really have to work on this, cause as you know, I have that fear of increasing calories=increasing weight. (of course,my way is not working.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #132  

850 your total or your net? My net still hovers between 850 and 900, but my total is substantially higher than that. (and increasing the calories REALLY freaking helped me)

Try some Syntrax Nectar. 100 calories, I THINK 23g protein, all your amino acids, and NOTHING else. TONS of flavors. And pretty freaking yummy. Great for after a work out or to up your calorie/protein needs if you are exceptionally active.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #133  

HEY GALS! Let's have some fun! Just WHAT have you lost? Me?
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony
Old 06-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #134  

I lost so far chemcial additives an American consumes each year. Scary isn't it ?
Nice list Zoesmom. Got to show it to my sister.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #135  

I've lost a sperm whale's brain!!
Closed Thread