Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

I'm going to LOVE Big Mac in a Bowl! Thanks zoesmom!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Nimble - you have no idea how many times I week that is my go to as I am never really able to eat what my hubby and kid eat and I abhor the thought of cooking two dinners! Leftovers are the norm for me, and this is the left over I almost always have on hand 1-2 times a week! And it is so freaking good on the days I am craving junk. It tastes like junk, feels like junk, but so is not junk...PERFECT!

I am happy to announce...today....240.8!!! WOOT! That was a 2 pound loss in just a 3 day weekend! Apparently all that activity did my body good! It sure felt good. Today, I think I will be taking a break though. I had 3 days straight where I was buring 800 calories or more, and even though I was having my shake right after my exercise, I know full well I was way too active for such a low calorie diet, so I need to let my body rest a wee bit to stabilize. I'll jump up to my run again on Weds, but today, I shall take my rest day.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #78  

TOFU ALFREDO

1 tub of 12-16oz SILKEN tofu (yes, SILKEN. If you can not find it, SOFT will work as well)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (this counts as your daily optional)
1/4 cup grated romano cheese (this counts as your daily optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Drain your tofu (colender and paper towel method is the best, and should be done about 15 minutes prior to making alfredo sauce). Place drained tofu, garlic, both cheeses, olive oil, and onion powder into a blender. Blend until smooth. Let sit for about 30 minutes for flavors to "mingle". Pour mixture into a saucepan. Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Makes 4 servings

Calories: 172.4
Fat: 11.8
Carb: 5.8
Fiber: .9
Protein: 11.5
Sodium: 296.7 mg

Pour over steamed veggies or Miracle Noodle for a low fat, low cal, low carb meal. Can add skinless chicken breast or other low fat meat for additional calories and protein. Even people who dislike tofu tend to like this, including my super picky 4 year old and anti anything healthy husband

Last edited by zoesmom; 05-28-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 180/173/130

Height: 5'7"

Big Mac in a bowl sounds like something my Mother used to make when I was little. She would crumble and fry up some hamburger, salt and pepper it and mix it up with lettuce and tomato and call it tacos. We didn't eat out so we didn't know any better....lol. Sure was good.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #80  

Bariatric Choice is having a good sale. Just stocked up on desserts in a package and got an extra 10 per cent too plus used my rewards plus free shipping of course. I don't feel like "cooking" at dessert time so the cookies work best for me, but I am trying the caramel and butterscotch puddings too.

I can live without the double chocolate cake and more pudding is not usually what I want, but these flavors tempted me! I have gotten used to the cookies and they are yummy to me, especially the oatmeal iced. Having dessert is an big plus and I feel like I've had treats all day on a day when I eat a bar for snack and a cookie for dessert.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #81  

I found the carmamel and butterscotch puddings had potential, but potential went out the door with them. I was utterly disappointed. I guess it doens't help that I am a baker and often times have to make my own candies for certain dishes (I suspect that may be why the cake was a failure for me as well.) I did find however, that mixing the caramel with the chocolate pudding and splitting it into two desserts made it much much better. And adding it to the oatmeal and splitting the oatmeal up into two meals made it pretty tasty as well. I tried the butterscotch as an icecream with some WF chocolate syurp on top, but I just couldn't like it all that much. I hope you have a better go of it than I did. Pretty much once I had used them all up, I haven't ordered them since. But the cookies, yep...those are my go to! (and the crunchies...they remind me of the Nestle Crunch Bars)
Old 05-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 165/151/110

I would like to thank everyone for the recipes. The mac in a bowl sounds something easy for me to make when I come home from work hungry as a bear. Thanks zoesmom.
And thanks for the crack slaw recipe!! I have to share both with my sister.

Nimblegranny I have to be careful with the desserts since no matter what they are I want more than one. I am running out of them so will look into ordering more. Thank you for reminding us about it.

I did complete mly first week on Wonder Slim and lost 5lbs. This is much easier than I thought.

Wishing you guys a great day.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by punmama View Post

I did complete mly first week on Wonder Slim and lost 5lbs. This is much easier than I thought.
Woo HOO! Way to go punmama! 5 lbs. is a great, encouraging way to get started! And yes, it really is easy.

I count it a great victory every single time I don't overeat on the bars and cookies. It's teaching me portion control, and it really helps to know these treats are not "bad" or disallowed, but are available to me every day. They are not leaving the planet. I can have them again tomorrow.

I had crack slaw twice this weekend. Can't wait to get my 1000 island and try the Big Mac!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
I did find however, that mixing the caramel with the chocolate pudding and splitting it into two desserts made it much much better. And adding it to the oatmeal and splitting the oatmeal up into two meals made it pretty tasty as well. I tried the butterscotch as an icecream with some WF chocolate syurp on top, but I just couldn't like it all that much.
Excellent ideas, I really enjoy freezing my puddings and making ice cream! Another thing I consider a victory just eating a half cup of. Unheard of in the past.

Last edited by Nimblegranny; 05-28-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #85  

I was looking at the Bariwise cookies and they look dangerous for me right now. Will stick to the WonderSlim oatmeal and chocolate chip. Those i know I can eat only one of at a time. I would be eating the whole box of the others.
Like you said Nimblegranny, the treats will not leave the planet!!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by punmama View Post
I was looking at the Bariwise cookies and they look dangerous for me right now. Will stick to the WonderSlim oatmeal and chocolate chip. Those i know I can eat only one of at a time. I would be eating the whole box of the others.
Like you said Nimblegranny, the treats will not leave the planet!!
It helps if, when you get an order in, to go through it and bag everything up on a per day basis. So, if you order a two week supply, you end up with 14 1/2 gallon bags that are pre-sorted and properly portioned out. When you do that, it is tangible that you don't have any extras and you are less likely to dip into it because it was good when you see that doing so will short change you on another day. Plus, you'd have to physically sort through the bags and find one that has what you want and it is no longer easy to just go to the open box and pull one out. Utilize the "out of sight, out of mind" technique. That visual reminder helped me a lot there in the begining. It also helped me realize how addicted to food I was. Now, I don't even think twice about it or concern myself with it. Once I have had my bar/cookie/whatever, I can move on to more important things, like playing with my kid.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
It helps if, when you get an order in, to go through it and bag everything up on a per day basis. So, if you order a two week supply, you end up with 14 1/2 gallon bags that are pre-sorted and properly portioned out. When you do that, it is tangible that you don't have any extras and you are less likely to dip into it because it was good when you see that doing so will short change you on another day. Plus, you'd have to physically sort through the bags and find one that has what you want and it is no longer easy to just go to the open box and pull one out.
Another great tip zoesmom! I'm totally doing this.

I'm still in the process of cleaning out my pantry so my stuff is still in boxes on the bed in the guest room. Love the idea of having my work days all packed so all I have to do is grab one and grab my yogurt and fruit. On weekends I play it by ear so don't ever know when I'm going to have my L&G. This weekend I had eggs and toast twice with my Green for lunch or dinner. Loved having a "normal" breakfast.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #88  

Believe it or not, I love sorting out the packages too. I make a game out of it by rubberbanding six meals and writing on the packages the day of the week and what meal it is for. I write it in highlight pen since that is easy to write with and except for the bars stays on the packaging. I bundle up M-F and take them to work with me. I now have this week's and next weeks worth of meals at my desk at work. Sounds kind of anal but I feel like a kid with all these goodies.
I try not to repeat a shake or meal for a few days too.

Also, a tip that has been said i know that but it is really a good one. Measuring out tap water and soaking the pasta for a half an hour and then nuking it all made the meal much better. I still have to try the blender and the tomato soup that zoesmom suggested.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #89  

I am glad you ladies are rocking it and finding what works for you. I've found this diet is a lot of trial and error to find how to make the foods "just right". It isn't that they are bad or gross, but well, options are a wee bit limited so branching out and getting creative helps keep everything fresh and appealing.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #90  

SUGAR-FREE LOW CARB BBQ SAUCE (that tastes way better than Walden Farms, although not 0/0/0 like WF)

Ingredients:
•2 strips of turkey bacon, chopped fine (or see note)
•1 small onion, minced
•1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
•1 small can (6 oz) tomato paste
•1 can (12 oz) diet (sugar-free) cola - Splenda-sweetened preferred
•1/4 cup low carb (sugar-free) Heintz ketchup, (or see note)
•3 T mustard
•1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
•1 pinch ground cloves
•1/2 cup of water
----hot sauce to taste is desired----

Directions:
1) Fry the bacon in a saucepan - a 2 qt pan works well.
2) Add the onion and cook over medium until soft - 3-5 minutes. Add garlic at this point if you're using fresh and stir it for half a minute or so.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients, plus about half a cup of water. Stir well. 4) Simmer for 20-30 minutes. It will cook down a bit and flavors will combine. 5) Adjust the seasonings so you have the balance you want - you can add vinegar, artificial sweetener (liquid preferred), or hot sauce. (If it's too hot, adding more sweetener will tone it down.)

Tips and Notes:
If you prefer to leave the bacon out, add 1-3 teaspoons of liquid smoke, to taste, near the end of the cooking. Alternatively, add some smoky flavor using 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, or chipotle powder to taste. If you can't find low carb catsup, leave it out, but add about a tablespoon of vinegar and some sweetener, to taste.

Serving size is 1/4 a cup
Makes 10 servings

Calories: 32
Fat: 0.6g
Sodium: 334.8mg
Carbs: 5.7g
Fiber: 1.2g
Protein: 1.6g
(Nutritional Values based on adding turkey bacon, will change if liquid smoke is used or if pork bacon is used)

Last edited by zoesmom; 05-29-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Closed Thread